View Poll Results: What era in Disneyland would you visit if you had a time machine?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland's first year

10 18.18%
  • The late 50's

4 7.27%
  • 1960-1966

7 12.73%
  • 1967-1971

10 18.18%
  • 1972-1982

14 25.45%
  • 1983-1993

8 14.55%
  • 1994-2004

1 1.82%
  • Would prefer to visit the modern era.

1 1.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: If you had a time machine....

83-93 because that's when my kids were little. Now that they're grown & on their own I would give just about anything for just one more day with them when they were little boys. Add a day at Disneyland to that & I couldn't ask for more!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Element of Laughter

I chose Disneyland's first year, only because I could only choose one era. . . personally, if I had a choice, I would choose the first year(to see how it all began), 1960-1966 and 1967-1971(I really like the 60s, and would like to see the 1967 Tomorrowland when it was new), 1983-1993(more precisely, 1984-1985. . . those 2 years, Disneyland was like an "escape" for me from everything bad in my life), and 1994-2004(I began my 5 year stint as an AP in 1995, and that summer, the park seemed like my second home. . . also, I moved to Stockton in 2000, and I really enjoyed the last couple years I lived in La Habra. . . )
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Foolish Mortal

I would love to be there opening day.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Goofy

1960 thru 66 because i would like to see how it looks

• former CM

The surprising (to me) number of people voting for '83-'93 (early Eisner-Wells) might reflect George Will's comment, "The golden age of baseball took place when you were 12." I'm paraphrasing and for Disneyland it might be from age 6 to 10.

• Minion

My time machine will fit right in at Tomorrowland '67 when I get there.

• AKA - DisneyChris

A lot of votes for Tomorrowland 67 - but as for me, i am more curious to see the Original Tomorrowland. I saw the new Tomorrowland in the 70's when i was little, but never saw the original.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

I voted for '72-'82. Having seen it as a girl, I'd love to experience the same thing as a woman.

I honestly, for whatever reason or defect of memory, do not recall old Fantasyland! I would take so many pictures and eat at the pirate ship restaurant. I would ride the Motorboat Cruise and pretend to be scared at the rapids. I would walk into it's a small world down the stairs properly, like it was designed.

I would want to see Tomorrowland back in it's glory days when it bustled with energy and life. I would go on America Sings over and over and over. I would ride Peoplemover endlessly. I would wait patiently for the elevator up to the Rocket Jets. I would freak out at the giant eye staring at me in Adventures in Inner Space.

I would want to visit the One of A Kind shop in New Orleans Square. I would enjoy the quiet, eerie, and dark caves in Pirates of the Caribbean. I would laugh at the buxom wench chasing the pirate not because he has her food, but because he was a man! I would enjoy the pop-up ghost in the attic of the Haunted Mansion. I would enjoy quiet, uncrowded evenings on the Rivers of America, with dinner at the Riverbelle Terrace.

I would ride the Mark Twain and take dozens of pictures of Cascade Peak. I would laugh at the original Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I would spend endless nights in the Tahitian Terrace. I would sit through the entire Enchanted Tiki Room show, boring Offenbach number and everything.

I would walk up and down Main Street, USA, and enjoy the ever-changing maquette displays showing recently-released and up-and-coming Disney films. I would finally buy that custom-made watch. I would take my husband swing dancing on a Saturday night. I would take pictures of the Hub, pre-Partners statue, since I honestly don't recall it!
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

I'd probably go back to 1985, the year of the 30th anniversary and the very year that I was born. Or maybe I'd go to 1990, the year of the 35th anniversary.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I voted 72-82. My first visit was in 1985 (and my last was 1989), so I'd like to go back to that time period that's just before then.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Or maybe I'd go to 1990, the year of the 35th anniversary.
    I used to have a t-shirt from that anniversary. I'd love to know what happened to it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    I voted for '72-'82. Having seen it as a girl, I'd love to experience the same thing as a woman.

I honestly, for whatever reason or defect of memory, do not recall old Fantasyland! I would take so many pictures and eat at the pirate ship restaurant. I would ride the Motorboat Cruise and pretend to be scared at the rapids. I would walk into it's a small world down the stairs properly, like it was designed.

I would want to see Tomorrowland back in it's glory days when it bustled with energy and life. I would go on America Sings over and over and over. I would ride Peoplemover endlessly. I would wait patiently for the elevator up to the Rocket Jets. I would freak out at the giant eye staring at me in Adventures in Inner Space.

I would want to visit the One of A Kind shop in New Orleans Square. I would enjoy the quiet, eerie, and dark caves in Pirates of the Caribbean. I would laugh at the buxom wench chasing the pirate not because he has her food, but because he was a man! I would enjoy the pop-up ghost in the attic of the Haunted Mansion. I would enjoy quiet, uncrowded evenings on the Rivers of America, with dinner at the Riverbelle Terrace.

I would ride the Mark Twain and take dozens of pictures of Cascade Peak. I would laugh at the original Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I would spend endless nights in the Tahitian Terrace. I would sit through the entire Enchanted Tiki Room show, boring Offenbach number and everything.

I would walk up and down Main Street, USA, and enjoy the ever-changing maquette displays showing recently-released and up-and-coming Disney films. I would finally buy that custom-made watch. I would take my husband swing dancing on a Saturday night. I would take pictures of the Hub, pre-Partners statue, since I honestly don't recall it!
    This. What a beautiful reply. I never experienced any of this, but have always dreamed of what it would have been like to visit during these days of the park. So many sights to see and stories that I would have loved to experience in person. Ideally, I'd travel between '67 to see the New Tomorrowland, but before '77, since I would definitely want to ride Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

• keh!

I voted for the first year. Specifically, I'd want to be there opening day and see Walt. Any day that Walt would be in the park would be perfect for me.

I would pick 1966-1970.
    You could buy a main gate admission on a summer evening for something like $3.50 - $5, and see some amazing entertainment. Tina & The Mustangs at the Tomorrowland Stage, and Count Basie or Buddy Rich or any number of legendary Big Bands at Plaza Gardens. I played in the Christmas Parade in '69 - '71 when each unit in the parade had a live band. No recorded music. We also had the Mine Train, The Golden Horseshoe Review, Tahitian Terrace and Flight to the Moon.

• Blew By You

72- 82. It was kind of a nice time in my life, and very busy. College, first job, career planning and not too many Disneyland visits. Would like to visit and see what I missed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast