Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: If you could bring back just one extinct Disneyland attraction....

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Tie: People Mover and Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

Runners up would include People Mover (especially if it got ride of Innoventions), Adventure thru Innerspace (But Star tours could still stay untouched), Country Bears.
    This.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Chief Troublemaker

1- Adventure through Inner Space
    2-America Sings
    3-Mule Ride through Nature's Wonderland (boy am I dating myself with this one! I loved it as a kid)
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Foolish Mortal

Skyway
    People Mover
    or America Sings

---------- Post added 11-02-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Superstar Limo. Classic darkride and such a travesty that it was removed. Oh well, at least we still have Jumpin Jellyfish.
    I agree. I forgot about Superstar Limo. I actually loved that ride.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Minion

I'd move Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to the northern edge of Frontierland, with the Disneyland Railroad going through the mountain, and have the loading of BTMRR be where the Pack Mules used to load (right next to the river), then the BTMRR could utilize part of the Pack Mules trail to get to the mountain for the fast part. Then Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland could be restored including a rebuild of Cascade Peak, the Living Desert, Balancing Rock Canyon and Rainbow Caverns. This is what should have been done in the first place in 1979. The soundtrack with the Dallas McKennon narration could be used as-is, but the animatronic animals would need to be updated.

I would move Star Tours over to where Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars was (now Redd Rockett's Pizza Port) because Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars and Star Tours are both flight simulators. So Star Tours should have been a replacement for those. That is what should have been done in 1987, but I suspect George Lucas might have demanded the prime location that Adventure thru Inner Space occupied. I would restore Adventure thru Inner Space, but build it as 2 rides in one: a slow Omnimover one like it was before, and a fast version that utilizes the same scenes but then goes on to an indoor thrill ride, possibly using trackless technology. Guests could choose either the slow or fast ride. The soundtrack with the Paul Frees narration could be used as-is.

I'd restore PeopleMover, but extend the track to have a station in the northeast corner of DCA.

Because I was born way after most of these attractions closed, I would want to bring back:

Country Bear Jamboree, People Mover, Adventures Thru Inner Space, America Sings, Skyway, Mine Train Thru Natures Wonderland, and probably Walt Disney too, if that's allowed.

I guess I'd love to see the original live action Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

Circlevision theater. One of the best technologies Disney ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    Because I was born way after most of these attractions closed, I would want to bring back:

Country Bear Jamboree, People Mover, Adventures Thru Inner Space, America Sings, Skyway, Mine Train Thru Natures Wonderland, and probably Walt Disney too, if that's allowed.
    I am old enough to remember all of these. If I were to grade them...

Country Bear Jamboree: B- (Meh, it was OK.)
    Peoplemover: B+ (Great ride to rest tired feet and a great way to see Tomorrowland.)
    Adventures Through Inner Space: C- (An overrated ride that inexplicably has a great nostalgia factor. It was pretty lame.)
    America Sings: B (Fun when I was a kid...would probably still like it as an adult.)
    Skyway: D+ (Ugh...you can ride something like this in almost any cheesy amusement park. The only good thing about it was that it would save some walking.)
    Mine Train: B (I barely remember this one, but it was cool.)
    Walt Disney: OK, I'm not that old, but I'll give him an A+!

• Minion

As a kid I did not appreciate Country Bear Jamboree much, because I wasn't interested in country music, and singing animatronics didn't appeal that much to me either. Now I would appreciate it more. It seemed like they opened that during the "back-to-nature" trend of the 1970s.

Peoplemover was relaxing and a perfect example of the concept of "The Park is the Ride." And the Tron speed tunnel had the "wow factor."

Adventure thru Inner Space was enthralling to me as a kid. May not have that same thrill as an adult but it packed a wallop. And it was a science lesson on top of it. I disagree that it was "lame." The soundtrack alone is almost like an episode of "The Outer Limits."

America Sings did not do much for me; I saw it once and was sorry that it replace the Carousel of Progress, which I loved. At that time I was not interested in the Disney-corny singing animatronics and all that. I believe America Sings was installed as part of Disney's response to the Bicentennial celebrations and that it was never really intended to be permanent. Now, I would probably appreciate it more than then.

Skyway scared the crap out of me and I usually refused to ride it. One time it stopped and we were hanging in midair for a minute and I was terrified, wondering how we would get down out of it. I was always relieved to get off of it. The part going through the Matterhorn was fun, though, and hearing the screams of people riding the bobsleds. Another "the park is the ride" attraction. But I don't miss it.

Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland: this was a gem especially in terms of landscape design, with the waterfalls on Cascade Peak, the various ponds, the geysers and of course the beautiful Rainbow Caverns. At 9 minutes it was one attraction that could be longer than the wait to get on it. Still miss this one, though most kids today would probably not enjoy it, having been raised on speed, visceral thrills and expensive special effects. Some kids, though, would appreciate its beauty, humor and character.

Motor Boat Cruise: I thought it was dumb, you just sat there and had no control, the steering wheel did nothing, the gas pedal only caused a sound, and even if you did nothing you would still go through the course. Not much to look at either.

1. Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.
    2. Peoplemover.
    3. A-E Tickets.
    4. Day Guests only, dressed up for the occasion.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

America Sings. I absolutely LOVED that show.

It would have to be Adventure Through Inner Space for me.

the Skyway and Circlevision

I would trade like SO many of the current rides today to bring those 2 things back

I can't think of a single ride I want back...hold on, off to yesterland....

I suppose the people mover, only because it doesn't have a successor today. But if something new could use those tracks, I'd prefer that a million times more.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

I miss the Country Bear Jamboree and America Sings

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast