Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: If you could bring back just one extinct Disneyland attraction....

Peoplemovers!

• La Reine Lézard

I know it isn't Disneyland, but I would do anything to be able to ride EPCOT's Horizons.

• Minion

At least you can watch a video of it on Youtube.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards, Well, I reckon, for me it would be the Good Ol' Golden Horseshoe Revue with Betty Taylor and Wally Boag and all the cast...and that feller Walt Disney in his favorite box alongside the stage...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan

---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

Howdy Pards,

Ya know, I'm kinda encouraged by the fact that so many of you folks are urgin' a bring back of the slow movin' nature adventure...The Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. It sure was a classic...taint no doubt about that. And, given what all these modern day folks in imagineerin' did over yonder in Cars Land, I believe they could put together somethin' mighty special indeed! And, I sure agree with you fellers, the old one never shoulda been removed in the first place!

Now, let me quickly say, that I don't think puttin' the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland back where it belongs automatically means that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad needs to be removed.

Nosirreebob! Keep the cheap thrills for the teenagers and twenty somethin's...but bring back the good stuff for families...includin' the very young, and us Ol' timers too!

When you think about it Nature's Wonderland was kinda like an American Jungle Cruise on rails...there was Elk and Bears instead of Elephants and Zebras and such. And the scenery along the way was a tribute to the wonders of the American West...deserts and geysers...the deep woods...caves and such.

Why, I believe if those Imagineers over in Glendale put their heart and soul into it...they could sure bring back Nature's Wonderland with a lotta class...and we'd kinda be gettin' back to the idea Walt had that Disneyland should be a place for the whole family to laugh and play and learn together.

This here country of ours still is mighty special when it comes to nature...our critters are just as special as those exotic ones in far away places...Buffalo, and Grizzly Bears, and Prairie Dogs, and Deer, and Elk. That Ol' Mine Train attraction celebrated all that...and it does my heart good to know that so many of you folks think we had oughta bring it back.

Now...maybe it could be combined with Marc Davis' Western River Expedition as well...if we're gonna dream I reckon we should dream BIG. But bring back those balancin' rocks and colorful mud pots and huge waterfalls and geysers splashin' the train...well bring it all back. Yessirreebob!

I reckon there's a reason so many of us miss all that...it kinda had Walt's personal touch to it...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Closed Account

Peoplemover

Well at first I had thought of Videopolis until I just googled it. My memories of the 80's in Disneyland and being too little to go. I just kept thinking when I got older. Now, that I have read about it I may just say Country Bear Jamboree. Did not enjoy it when I was little but always had to go. My mom even had a stuffed Big Al.
    Now that I am an adult I would love to watch it.

•   
    • Minion

I don't really miss anything that is gone at DLR or DCA right now. For WDW, though, I'd bring back Mr. Toad, and for Disneyland Paris, I'd bring back the original Space Mountain and get rid of that Mission 2 nonsense.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by fearmeloveme View Post
    I know it isn't Disneyland, but I would do anything to be able to ride EPCOT's Horizons.

I agree 1000%.

• A spooky ghost

Country Bear Jamboree complete with the original Playhouse and nothing else is close.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Gohan View Post
    Country Bear Jamboree(with 2 theaters, one showing the original show, the other showing Vacation Hoedown, and during the Holidays, the Christmas show)
    This would be excellent.
    Last edited by burdenx; 11-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.

• Greetings, Program!

Skyway
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    If you could bring back just one extinct Disneyland attraction.... What would it be?

This is not a practical question, just daydreaming here, don't worry about if it would ever happen or not. Just curious what other have to say about this.

Mine is without question America Sings.
    None, Disneyland should move forward.

Smile Re: If you could bring back just one extinct Disneyland attraction....

1. Tomorrowland: The TWA Rocket to the Moon. Not the later Douglas Aircraft version; part of the fantasy was the sensation of getting on a TWA ship, with the same TWA stewardesses and flight crew as you would encounter in a regular airport. The entire trip around the Moon was comfortable and pleasant (not the loud music and jerking around of Star Tours or Space Mountain), and the floor & ceiling viewscreens were very elegantly coordinated, right down to the disappearing/appearing Disneyland Spaceport upon takeoff and landing.

2. Tomorrowland:
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sets-walkthrough. For those of us dazzled by the 1954 movie, this was like being magically transported into the Nautilus, along with one of the massive models of the submarine used for exterior filming, and a beautiful undersea diorama of the Nautilus' last resting place. [The organ from the salon has since moved to the Haunted Mansion ballroom, but could be brought back.]

3. Frontierland: As many have noted, the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. Another beautiful, scenic, and clever (the balancing rocks, caverns, etc.) features. Replacing it with the bone-jarring Thunder Mountain RR was in my opinion a mistake. [Generally I am not a fan of being-slammed-around rides, with the exception of Indiana Jones.]

4. Frontierland: Fort Wilderness. The mysterious "inner sanctum" of Tom Sawyer Island, with all the atmosphere of a real old Cavalry fort, plus a neatokeeno secret escape passage.
    ______
    Rachane

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    None, Disneyland should move forward.
    If done properly, such as used to transport people around the future expanded 3 or 4-park resort, I think something like the Peoplemover would be "forward".

And if you're concerned about Disney admitting they made a mistake by bringing back something "old", I think they deserve a "pass" for anything removed in the Paul Pressler era.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Bring back the Peoplemover and have it replace the trams that go to and from the parking garage.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Wow - this turned out to be a popular topic -

I know it has NEVER happened, but I wonder if Disney would shock us all one day and actually bring back an extinct attraction

Does Luigi's Tires count???

HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast