Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: If you could bring back just one extinct Disneyland attraction....

None of the "extinct" attractions should be brought back as exact duplicates of what they were before. All of them would need to be updated, both to utilize current technology and to meet the expectations of today's theme park audience.

More important than these specific attractions are the intangible qualities they had which made them memorable. The intangibles such as story, humor, music, beauty, design, theme, imagination, creativity, immersiveness and above all, originality.

Those intangibles are what really need to be brought back, more than any specific extinct attraction. Too much of what has been built in recent decades has been lacking one or more of those intangibles, especially originality.

The use of technology for its own sake or just to "show off" the technology is pointless. A piece of technology should only be installed if it supports one of the intangibles in some way or makes something more realistic and thus enhances the guest's experience.

Although I would love to see a new Mine Train, Inner Space or PeopleMover, Disney should be looking at restoring a sense of originality to the parks instead of making the parks a commodity. Restoring originality would be more important to me than simply duplicating long-gone attractions.

America sings, sure miss the Country Bears.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    None of the "extinct" attractions should be brought back as exact duplicates of what they were before. All of them would need to be updated, both to utilize current technology and to meet the expectations of today's theme park audience.

More important than these specific attractions are the intangible qualities they had which made them memorable. The intangibles such as story, humor, music, beauty, design, theme, imagination, creativity, immersiveness and above all, originality.

Those intangibles are what really need to be brought back, more than any specific extinct attraction. Too much of what has been built in recent decades has been lacking one or more of those intangibles, especially originality.

The use of technology for its own sake or just to "show off" the technology is pointless. A piece of technology should only be installed if it supports one of the intangibles in some way or makes something more realistic and thus enhances the guest's experience.

Although I would love to see a new Mine Train, Inner Space or PeopleMover, Disney should be looking at restoring a sense of originality to the parks instead of making the parks a commodity. Restoring originality would be more important to me than simply duplicating long-gone attractions.
    This exactly! Very well said!

Skyway. I really miss this one.

The Peoplemover.

Runner-ups include the Skyway, the original subs, and the original old-school rocket jets.

In other words, Tomorrowland as I first experienced it in 1992

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

Great post Bob!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345