Question This Canadian needs a 6 or 7 day park hopper!

Dear Disneyland experts: how can this Canadian park-hop with my spouse and wee ones for 6 or 7 days? No more than 5-day park-hoppers? What the deuce??!

Our Disney visits are few and far between, and we want to take it all in without breaking the bank. (you know how the Loonie has a mind of its own...)

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Mistress of Evil

Re: This Canadian needs a 6 or 7 day park hopper!

Are you staying onsite? There is a slim possibility they may add days if you are staying at a DLR hotel. For the most part, tickets are available up to 5 days and then you have to purchase a new PH pass. Good luck!

• Under that tree again!

Not a Canuck myself but I know a lot have gotten tickets through flightcentre.ca.

They used to have longer stay tickets but I don't know if they do anymore. If you are going in 2012 you might be able to find someone with longer tickets left that they purchased earlier in the year for resale purposes. Otherwise you may be out of luck.

Another suggestion though is if you have a friend in Australia or New Zealand they often can get longer tickets than we can purchase through expedia.

If you are stuck with just 5 days, consider seeing other sites, like seaworld, Knotts or Universal studios.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

5 days is the max now, which really sucks. Hopefully with the new ticket enforcements happening (ID etc) they can bring back the 7/8 day tickets.

• Selfie Expert

Would it maybe be worth buying an AP at that point? If you end up having to buy a 5 day plus an additional 1 or 2 day (if you can't find another option), you'd end up possibly saving a little plus getting discounts on food and merchandise.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Depending on your travel dates, there may be special offers or convention rates that could be available to you. For example, if you will be traveling in early October, the Gay Days convention rate could allow you to purchase 5 day hoppers and 2 day hoppers at a substantial discount. That convention also offers discounted hotel rooms.

• a damsel not in distress

take a look at the blackout calendar for the deluxe annual pass. if your trip doesn't fall on the blackout dates then, like kelly mentioned, it will actually be cheaper in the long run to get annual passes since the price of a five day hopper plus a two day hopper is more expensive than the pass, plus the pass offers discounts at restaurants and on merchandise.

Blockout Dates | Deluxe Annual Passport | Disneyland Resort

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If you are going in 2012 you might be able to find someone with longer tickets left that they purchased earlier in the year for resale purposes.
    Disney tickets are non-transferable so you can't buy someone's extra days or unused tickets.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not a Canuck myself but I know a lot have gotten tickets through flightcentre.ca.

They used to have longer stay tickets but I don't know if they do anymore. If you are going in 2012 you might be able to find someone with longer tickets left that they purchased earlier in the year for resale purposes. Otherwise you may be out of luck.

Another suggestion though is if you have a friend in Australia or New Zealand they often can get longer tickets than we can purchase through expedia.

If you are stuck with just 5 days, consider seeing other sites, like seaworld, Knotts or Universal studios.
    Buying used tickets will leave you outside the gates and out of pocket whatever you paid for those tickets.Disneyland has cracked down on resale tickets.

---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

We cashed in our Airmiles for 2 5 day hoppers and will upgrade to AP's.If you had Airmiles that would be an option.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Disney tickets are non-transferable so you can't buy someone's extra days or unused tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
    Buying used tickets will leave you outside the gates and out of pocket whatever you paid for those tickets.Disneyland has cracked down on resale tickets.

---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

We cashed in our Airmiles for 2 5 day hoppers and will upgrade to AP's.If you had Airmiles that would be an option.

Tickets purchased for resale, such as resellers like AAA, LMT, Cosco, Travelocity and flightcentre whom I mentioned are 100% legitimate.