• Mischievous Mouse

Disneyland's 60th Anniversary

It's only 141 weeks away!!

Maybe not as big as 50, but I imagine there will be some announcement next year. A theme? A new Parade?!!!

What do you think? What would you like to see?!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Disneyland's 60th Anniversary

I want it all....parade...theme...fireworks!
    For the love of Disney....

• Musical Fireman

Well a good start is to reiterate the Golden Horseshoe Revue if it proves a wild success during the Limited Time Magic promotion. It might even call for a new Calico Saloon Show, remember what TWDC says "We love our fans....they have such fat wallets". Ah don't they have a wonderful way of words.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• I'm a Lutheran

Hopefully it'll be something other than some celebratory t-shirts, a coffee mug, and a flash mob, lol. I'm almost certain that they'll have some special decor, new fireworks, new parade, and some new attractions to boot. Will the Ironman ​attraction coincide with it or no?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Dead men tell no tales.

They should blow up the Ironman attraction

I think the 60th will be celebrated with an updated Tomorrowland.

• Minion

The 60th SHOULD be bigger and better than the 50th, but with the way things have been going, I doubt it will be. Disney seems to be failing miserably at celebrating theme park milestones these days (MK's 40th and EPCOT's 30th, anyone?).

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    The 60th SHOULD be bigger and better than the 50th, but with the way things have been going, I doubt it will be. Disney seems to be failing miserably at celebrating theme park milestones these days (MK's 40th and EPCOT's 30th, anyone?).
    I didn't expect MK's 40th and EPCOT's 30th to be huge celebrations at all. I mean there milestones but not one of those numbers that would result in a year long celebration. Disneylands 40th and even 45th were on about the same scale. Yes management might have cheaped out but the real test will be the 50th anniversary of both parks.

"THAT'S R

• Minion

For Disneyland's 40th we got Indiana Jones and the Lion King Parade, and for the 45th we got Parade of the Stars and Believe. MK and Epcot got merchandise.

• Musical Fireman

One attraction while completely amazing and I dream of the day I ride it was just one attraction when Disneyland was just four we got three attractions that still operate to this day. The rest were just parades and I think the Lion King was just by chance we probably would have gotten it 40th anniversary or not. You did get me on MK and EPCOT just getting merchandise and one day opportunities (Communicore Weekly:Live being the best part) I thought the 40th anniversary opening parade and show were cool in my opinion. Like Indiana Jones the TEST TRACK rehab was by chance but when it opens should make up for the 30th.

(We might want to keep this debate at a minimum so we don't go to off topic)

"THAT'S R

• Minion

True, we would have gotten Indy and TLK parade anyway, but at least they tied it into a year long celebration in some way (40 Years of Adventures). Special birthday shows in front of the castle and in Tomorrowland every day, collector cards that they handed out to everyone at the entrance gate (different one every day), and even a 40 Years of Adventures theme song. Also the time castle was buried on the 40th.

For the 45th, even though DL was slowly deteriorating before our eyes, we still got Believe..There's Magic in the Stars, which completely revolutionized what we've come to expect from a Disney fireworks show. Parade of the Stars was...odd, but at least it was new. And there were decorations.

Just sayin'....

• Minion

I think we can all agree Disneyland has gotten some pretty nice things for the milestones, especially when compared to WDW. It seems it has less to do with the company as a whole, and more to do with management (TDA vs TDO).

Personally, for the 60th, I'd like a new parade, a new firework show, a new theme and a new attraction. I'm not expecting something on a level like the 50th. I do want something, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land