Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Western River Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    I'd rather see Geyser Mountain!
    Me too!
    For the love of Disney....

• Bring back the Keelboats!

While at Disneyland last week, a cast member told me a rumor that Big Thunder was going down for a full year for a new and, possibly, an extended track. If what he said was going to happen, it will be a nice addition. But, I wasn't given permission to spell it out, so let's just hope the Imagineers will come through!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^ToT style ride or Pirates of the Caribean style ride? Yeah not even close... Western River Expedition for life!
    Saying Geyser Mountain would be like ToT because it is an elevator drop ride would be like saying Pirates is like It's A Small World because they are both in boats viewing animated figures.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I would welcome with open arms a non movie tie-in version of this ride.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Saying Geyser Mountain would be like ToT because it is an elevator drop ride would be like saying Pirates is like It's A Small World because they are both in boats viewing animated figures.
    Yes they are the same style ride. I would rather have an animatronic filled boat ride than another thrill ride.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• formerly very helpful

^^^YES!!! Some people do have health restrictions, and we'd love to have new things to enjoy, too.

• My Children's Father

My skeptical nature has me wondering. As long as I've heard of this ride, and most of the ideas were created long before I heard of them, I wonder why it was never built? Is there some fatal flaw that has gone unadvertised? Are there technical issues that are proving to be too challenging? Is it simply too expensive? So few things devised after WRE seem "better", so why was this never built? It could have been themed to a California river and put in DCA, or placed in the Northern reaches of Frontierland where they are considering park expansion now, but they have not yet used it, and I wonder why.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Keep in mind this attraction was meant to be in WDW, not Disneyland.

More info here, specifically why it was never built:

Link

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    My skeptical nature has me wondering. As long as I've heard of this ride, and most of the ideas were created long before I heard of them, I wonder why it was never built? Is there some fatal flaw that has gone unadvertised? Are there technical issues that are proving to be too challenging? Is it simply too expensive? So few things devised after WRE seem "better", so why was this never built? It could have been themed to a California river and put in DCA, or placed in the Northern reaches of Frontierland where they are considering park expansion now, but they have not yet used it, and I wonder why.
    I would guess that the biggest part of not building it, is because they were building BTMRR.

• Big Hockey Fan

In my opinion, with the direction Disney is headed these days.... We might see another movie tie in ride. Though I sincerely hope we dont, I think WRE is one of the most dynamic ideas WED has ever come up with. It is so beyond original that I cannot come up with a proper word. Im afraid the next ride in frontierland will be a pocahontas one, but Disney should highly consider to implement WRE in the northern frontierland space.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DaHatTrick View Post
    In my opinion, with the direction Disney is headed these days.... We might see another movie tie in ride. Though I sincerely hope we dont, I think WRE is one of the most dynamic ideas WED has ever come up with. It is so beyond original that I cannot come up with a proper word. Im afraid the next ride in frontierland will be a pocahontas one, but Disney should highly consider to implement WRE in the northern frontierland space.
    If Lone Ranger becomes another mutiple film franchise with Jonny Depp like Pirates, I could see an attraction themed like WRE using the Lone Ranger plots coming.

• Cunning infiltrator

The Western River Expedition will become an instant classic if it were ever build at the Magic Kingdom.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Nic

delete please!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Doombuggy Rider

Disneyland's Frontierland needs more "oomph" (which means getting rid of the Petting Zoo & Theatre that are a waste of square feet - along with reopening the area that was closed off which was apart of the original Rainbow Caverns / Nature's Wonderland) along with another dining area / bathrooms....

[all that space beyond this original tunnel could be used to create another ride for Frontierland]

http://www.yesterland.com/images-fro...nant2007ww.jpg

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

There's been a lotta talk around these parts of bringin' back the original Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland...and...the Original Marc Davis Western River Expedition. Now, with the Lone Ranger comin' up...seems to me all this might indeed be kinda possible.

As for bein' politically correct...do you realize that there is a Pirate in Disneyland who hasn't washed his dirty feet in well over 40 years? There's a certain Redhead in there who has been temptin' pirates, and passersby, ever since the adventure began. I hope the politically correct folks never wash that pirate's feet or replace that Redhead that all the pirates want to buy.

Adventure sometimes calls for pirates to rest a spell with some contented pigs in the mud...or burn down towns for that matter...or tempt little kitty cats with a bottle of rum...

The Western River Expedition had a lotta humor in it...Marc Davis brought that same brand of humor to the Jungle Cruise where it's O.K. to take pictures of the Elephants cause..."they all have their trunks on."

The Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland showcased the Wildlife and Natural wonders of our country in much the same way as the Jungle Cruise showcases the critters found in the exotic corners of the world. There's a feller on the Jungle Cruise still sellin' shrunken heads after all these years...

Both these new attractions should NOT be thrill rides...there's more than enough of them around the parks these days. Instead, they should bring back adventures for the whole family and celebrate America's Frontier West...it's scenery, history, legends, and wildlife...

Having said that, of course, taint nuthin' wrong with "balancin' rocks" and beautiful waterfalls and geysers and such... a whole lotta us old timers are hopin' that one day they will bring back Cascade Peak with it's beautiful waterfalls right there on the banks of the Rivers of America.
    Twernt nuthin' prettier than seein' the ol' Mark Twain comin' round the bend at Cascade Peak...

Given the amazing things the Imagineers have done with the scenery in Carsland...there is just no doubt that they could bring back Nature's Wonderland and throw in the Western River Expedition...bigger, and far better than it ever was. It would truly be a wonderful addition to the park, bringing back some of Walt's original philosophy for the park...a place where young children and older adults could laugh and play and learn together...not just teenagers and twenty somethings...

Sides, I've always been mor'n a little fond of the Old West don't ya know?

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-08-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast