Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• some assembly required

Re: First Planned Attraction for Star Wars Land

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    The fact that someone thinks is in someway related to a newly created Star Wars ride is hilarious.

But I don't think this patent is even from Disney. If I recall correctly, this is actually a concept from Premiere/S&S

EDIT: Its definitely a S&S design. Proof. This rumor is completely 100% utterly wrong
    I love chasing down rumors related to Disneyland as much as the next guy, maybe more so.
    Can you, however, explain two things please?

1. why is this "hilarious"?
    2. how is your link "proof"?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really don't understand this. Unless someone has an interest in the property where a third gate would be located, it really wouldn't affect them. If they didn't like the third gate, they don't have to go, but why begrudge the opportunity to those who would enjoy it?
    Because the quality of DL and DCA would suffer. WDW has 4 gates and none of them are as good as either DL or DCA in terms of number of quality attractions, cleanliness, etc.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by ztonyg View Post
    Because the quality of DL and DCA would suffer. WDW has 4 gates and none of them are as good as either DL or DCA in terms of number of quality attractions, cleanliness, etc.
    You of course have totally incontrovertible proof that the reason these parks are inferior to the CA side parks (you will have many who disagree with that assessment by the way) and they are not as clean is because of the number of parks there right? You will be presenting that proof no doubt? It's not because of different management, different climate, different numbers, etc and/or combination of all. No, it's definitely because of the number of parks and that's it. Cool. I will await that proof to be posted anxiously.

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    The fact that someone thinks is in someway related to a newly created Star Wars ride is hilarious.

But I don't think this patent is even from Disney. If I recall correctly, this is actually a concept from Premiere/S&S

EDIT: Its definitely a S&S design. Proof. This rumor is completely 100% utterly wrong
    A link to a an amusement park bloggers opinions is not proof. Especially when held up to a person who has checked the actual patent document and seen who owns the patent by READING the document. Thanks though for the irony of calling other posts and opinions hilarious when your own post falls safely in that category.

Very interesting. I am eager to see what they will make with it.

Also, on the topic of a third gate, I am full for it, but just theming it to Star Wars? That seems a bit much, don't you think? I mean sure, it's worked on the East Coast with the Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, but I still feel that having a larger variety of themed lands other than a Star Wars theme. It's like when Carsland was first announced. I was not really rooting for it because of the rumor that it was going to be a third park on it's own just themed to the Cars franchise. Maybe for starters, a Star Wars and Marvel themed third gate. It will make the Star Wars/Marvel people happy, it will make the people who want a third park happy, and it will make people who want to keep more Marvel/Star Wars out of Disneyland happy.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I would hope that ride has provisions for barf bags......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

The document is right here:

Patent US20090126596 - AMUSEMENT RIDE - Google Patents

for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    Unfortunately, no! This came from the patent application from Disney.
    Awesome!
    For the love of Disney....

• Banned User

There's a rumor that WDW will, sometime in the next couple years, start construction on a fifth gate. I guess, obviously, a StarWarsland could be part of that. Lucas was very interested in expanding upon Star Wars presence in the theme parks when he discussed why he sold to Disney.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ztonyg View Post
    You of course have totally incontrovertible proof that the reason these parks are inferior to the CA side parks (you will have many who disagree with that assessment by the way) and they are not as clean is because of the number of parks there right? You will be presenting that proof no doubt? It's not because of different management, different climate, different numbers, etc and/or combination of all. No, it's definitely because of the number of parks and that's it.
    Nail on the head. Different management system in FL completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The document is right here:

Patent US20090126596 - AMUSEMENT RIDE - Google Patents

for everyone to see.
    There is still no proof in there that this is for a Star Wars ride or that there is a proposed Star Wars Land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Nail on the head. Different management system in FL completely.

There is still no proof in there that this is for a Star Wars ride or that there is a proposed Star Wars Land.
    Agree, patent has no mention anywhere that I could see that involves Disney. Looks to be "Six Flags" style ride mechanics with VERY low capacity.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I love chasing down rumors related to Disneyland as much as the next guy, maybe more so.
    Can you, however, explain two things please?

1. why is this "hilarious"?
    2. how is your link "proof"?

Agreed. Some people just value being smug over being correct. Well put JMazz.

This looks like it could be a real fun design, but I worry about capacity. There would be some real long wait times for this one....
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

wait times could equal those of Soarin. This would be horrible! Lol

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    It's too bad you feel this way. DLR needs to grow and it will grow. If it stays a two gate resort, it will eventually either stagnate and fail or will be forced to eventually get rid of even more "classic" attractions in order to fight off stagnation and build new attractions where the old ones once were. How well would you handle THAT change I wonder?
    Curious - this is an interesting opinion, but where is any evidence that Disney Resort is stagnating or failing? In fact the crowds are increasing to uncomfortable numbers. With a slight exception for the Pressler years where there was virtually no maintenance and attractions were becoming stores, there has been nothing but a continuing rise in resort activity.

Stagnation or failure because of not expanding - forcing tearing out of classic attractions? No evidence.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Monorail Junkie

Not buying it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast