Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: Smells! Smells! Smells!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    The steam from the railroad and the smell in the tunnels.
    Same. It's intoxicating, probably bad for my health but who gives a crap.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• The doctor is in

Does anyone else think the steam from the railroad kind of smells like a barbecue? I rode the train with my cousins last month and we kept wondering what smelled like barbecue.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Does anyone else think the steam from the railroad kind of smells like a barbecue? I rode the train with my cousins last month and we kept wondering what smelled like barbecue.
    I think you are smelling the bio diesel thats burned in the engine to make the steam. I believe its made from disneyland's recycled cooking oil.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Banned User

I don't know why, but the laughing place scene in splash mountain always smells like crayons to me. Weird, i know. Also, I have noticd that when i turn off the air conditioning my truck after it has run for awhile it smells exactly like Corridor of Doors in the Haunted Mansion

Ashamed in you all for not mentioning a very prominent smell we all smell when we first enter the park:

Main Street USA Horse Drawn Street Car horse smell.

What? I love horses so I don't find the smell all that terrible.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• The doctor is in

I just love the smell of the park in general. It's so unlike any other theme park.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Ashamed in you all for not mentioning a very prominent smell we all smell when we first enter the park:

Main Street USA Horse Drawn Street Car horse smell.

What? I love horses so I don't find the smell all that terrible.
    Ughhh... :P
    For the love of Disney....

Quote Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
    Ughhh... :P
    Noticed this morning several times.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Apart from the many mentioned smells above that I think most everyone agrees on, my absolute favorite one is one that's kinda impossible to describe.

It's literally just the smell of Disneyland. As soon as I start walking towards the esplanade it's just immediately there and it feels like home. There's no way to describe it.

• Doom Buggy Driver

Probably one of my favorite smells would be from Indiana Jones, which I think is more prominent when you're driving through the fiery room that's filled with those skulls. (There used to be a classroom in my old school that smelled just like this place, and I've always been curious as to where the smells were coming from.)

Another favorite smell would be from when you first step into the Haunted Mansion. The air is just so nice and cool... it's like the best feeling in the world!
    Unless of course you're being crammed into the foyer with people who neglect their personal hygiene. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper View Post
    the water on Pirates and the scent of waffle cone from The Gibson Girl are my favorite DL smells
    I love these two more than anything else, although there are probably a lot more that I'm not thinking of right now.

The smell of the biodiesel from the trains isn't what I'd call "good" but it's not bad either. It's distinctive. It lets me know where I am.

I wonder how Disneyland smells to you if you're blind... you know, other senses compensating for the one that was lost? Must be even more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullington View Post
    Probably one of my favorite smells would be from Indiana Jones, which I think is more prominent when you're driving through the fiery room that's filled with those skulls. (There used to be a classroom in my old school that smelled just like this place, and I've always been curious as to where the smells were coming from.)

Another favorite smell would be from when you first step into the Haunted Mansion. The air is just so nice and cool... it's like the best feeling in the world!
    Unless of course you're being crammed into the foyer with people who neglect their personal hygiene. Ick.
    That's very interesting about that old classroom smelling like Indiana Jones! Wonder what the smell comes from?

And yes, stepping into the Haunted Mansion foyer and feeling and smelling that cool air -- it's wonderful!

The creosote smell inside the tunnel right as the train leaves the New Orleans Square station always triggers memories of trips past. There are also some memorable smells that are no longer available, such as the gasoline smell from the older, less green Autopia and the smell given off by the old latex balloons in the car ride home (assuming the ballon didn't "accidentally" get released into the air).

There are many more memorable sounds than smells at Disneyland, but that is for another thread.

OHH that smell of the steam train... mmmmm haha

• Dead men tell no tales.

Probably all have been mentioned but..... I love the smell of Pirates water, fresh Popcorn, Space Mountain Air, Soarin' pine smell and my favorite is that cool musty smell you smell inside the queue for Indy. Might be because of the flames inside the ride so in that case it's the smell of buring gas on Indy but it might be a smell pumped in on purpose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast