Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Smells! Smells! Smells!

I don't know if I miss "the smell" but I will certainly never forget it. Worked in the kitchen at Casa Mexicana and there was always a distinct smell at the location; more so when Lawry's was the sponser. The smell was the enchilada sauce and it permeated the entire location and backstage alley behind the kitchen(which is now the onstage alley entrance to Zocalo). My wife always joked that she knew that I had actually been at work on any given day because I still smelled like the sauce when I got home. I apologize to anyone who had to sit near me on the cast tram back to K-lot.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Does anyone else think the steam from the railroad kind of smells like a barbecue? I rode the train with my cousins last month and we kept wondering what smelled like barbecue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I think you are smelling the bio diesel thats burned in the engine to make the steam. I believe its made from disneyland's recycled cooking oil.
    This is true.

What people are smelling isn't really the "steam" (although that may play a small part), but the smell of the exhaust from the fire used to make the steam. It's that oily exhaust that coats the inside of the tunnels, making them give off the aroma as well.

If you want to smell steam, go to the Mark Twain, near the engines by the stern. Sometimes steam wafts up in that location, and it is quite distinctive, because of the anti-foaming and oxygen-scrubbing chemicals used in to treat the boiler water.

The smell of corndogs frying next to the cart.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    The smell of corndogs frying next to the cart.
    Oh yes.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

One of the smells I love is on ToT, after the mirror scene when you go to the cut scene of the hotel hall, when the ghosts are waving at you it has a very distinctive smell that I love!

• The doctor is in

Of course, how could I forget the smell of exhaust by Autopia. Whenever I go to the Nemo submarines or the monorail I choke a little bit. Nothing like it.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Hey i just found this cleaner that smells like the original Star Tours. My art teacher was using it and it immediatly caught my nose's attention. I had to jot the name of the product down. Here it is!

Goo Gone Citrus Based Adhesive Residue Remover Cleaner Solvent

Goo Gone Citrus Based Adhesive Residue Remover Cleaner Solvent on eBay!

I think the most distinctive smell for me is the indoor area under Space Mountain between Captain EO and the Pizza Port. That and the smell of the Star Tours line.

But my favorite has to be either the gingerbread smell of It's A Small World Holiday, or the new paint smell when you first enter the show building of Radiator Springs Racers!

Ok, I must be old now. At least almost. Here are my "Smells":

When I was a young kid, Pirates (early 1980s) probably would not pass health code now as it was riddled with mold and mildew smell. Musty, Made it seem more real actually, and I LIKED IT. Now its very Chlorine smelly. Still nice, not the same. Much like Splash (but glad its healthier for those with allergies, mold is nothing to Sneeze at (no pun intended.. Well kind of it was)).

I loved the Churros smell, and Star Tours still has the Star Tours smell. Not sure what it is, but I remember it the second I walk in. I think Space Mountain does have a kind of grease smell. Love it.

The trains as a kid, Smelled like grease. MUCH different than now, both good, now they smell like french fries which is not a bad thing (Bio Fuel!) The rest are about the same.

Mainstreet's phantom vanilla smells.. I'm not sure where it comes from.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234