View Poll Results: Yes or no?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It would have been awesome!

26 56.52%
  • No! I like it better the way it is now!

20 43.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do you wish Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition had been built?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    no. its fine the way it is
    Agreed!
    For the love of Disney....

• My Children's Father

There was some allegation that there were two competing imagineering teams, one for Splash, the other for the Last Expedition. We know which one won ... mostly due to cost.

I would imagine that LE would have taken away valuable real estate in DtD, further adding to the "cost".
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'd love for it to be part of the park....but not if it would have effected Splash but if it had no impact bring it on

•   
    • Banned User

1) If it had no impact on Splash Mountain, agreed.

2) If the two rides ( mine cart and jeep ) weren't so short that they were both pointless to even get on.

3) Yes on the train and Jungle Cruise entering.

I like the novelty of having one attraction ( interior of temple ) that has that many rides crossing paths. That would truly be some Disney level feat few other parks could come close to. As for the Jungle Cruise breaking it's joke-induced mood? Oh, I don't know about that. If you want to see the interior will filled with terror, try the jeep or mine cart. If you want to actually slow down and look, try the train or Jungle Cruise. I could see the JC being a good opportunity to take the same stage ( interior of the temple ) and make a comedy out of a tragedy. "If you listen carefully you can hear the cheers of the mine workers. ....their cheers sound a lot like terrified screams." <Mine cart rushes by, people scream>

• HYDRA

i think the coaster would be cool

yaaaaaa my 600th post
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Minion

I think two attractions themed to the same property is redundant, especially when they're two E-tickets. And I'm glad we got the temple instead of the mine cart, because that's clearly the more innovative of the two ideas.

In my opinion, Star Wars should be the only property getting more than one ride especially since the ride it has now is sorta outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I think two attractions themed to the same property is redundant, especially when they're two E-tickets. And I'm glad we got the temple instead of the mine cart, because that's clearly the more innovative of the two ideas.

In my opinion, Star Wars should be the only property getting more than one ride especially since the ride it has now is sorta outdated.
    I'm curious as to why you feel Star Tours is outdated. Especially after the recent refurb. It feels like a completely new ride to me....

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    I'm curious as to why you feel Star Tours is outdated. Especially after the recent refurb. It feels like a completely new ride to me....
    And why is it the only property deserving of more than one ride?
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• -

In my opinion, Star Wars should be the only property getting more than one ride
    Does that mean that Alice and Dumbo are not deserving of having more than one ride?

especially since the ride it has now is sorta outdated.
    I didn’t realize that a ride from 2011 was outdated.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• "What is thy bidding?"

DisneyLand is good just the way it is...A good place for this Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition themed area would be @ HKDL or SHDL. HKDL will need another expansion after Mystic Point is complete..but... where to put such a large footprint of a ride/land when there is not much land currently in its Adventureland.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I think the OP is asking whether or not we would have preferred the coaster as opposed to the current attraction, not having two rides based on IJ.

Second, I may sound like I am repeating some folks but how do you feel Star Tours is out dated? Sure the idea of the ride is the same, but there is so much upgrading that was done to the rest of it, it's practically a new attraction.

Also, I feel like people are forgetting that Disney bought Lucasfilm not Star Wars. Indiana Jones is part of the Lucasfilm family as well. Obviously, Disney is focusing more attention on Star Wars at this time but there is really no reason that Indiana Jones should be overlooked either.

A minecart ride based off the chase scene from Temple of Doom could be pretty fantastic and a very different experience from the jeep ride.

Beside the shared setting, I'd imagine there would be large stretches of narrower tunnels, and also if they got really imaginative, there could be animatronic 'chase' minecarts filled with animatronic enemies chasing & passing the rider's cart, which could be very cool and not something that we've seen before.

• Minion

compared to the roving simulator technology and real-live sets that Indy has, as well as more recent simulator rides like Forbidden Journey and Spider-Man/Transformers, a flight-training style simulator is sorta old news, IMO. Sure, the films are new, but the technology still lacks the wow factor if you ask me, especially compared to what's out there now.

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Does that mean that Alice and Dumbo are not deserving of having more than one ride?

I didn’t realize that a ride from 2011 was outdated.
    Well, they aren't huge E-tickets but I feel like variety is better. I mean, I feel like you're just splitting hairs for the sake of arguing.

And the physical ride technology is actually from the '80's my friend

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    And why is it the only property deserving of more than one ride?
    Six blockbuster movies vs. one very famous blockbuster and three lesser-received sequels. But that was more of an opinion thing anyway I just love Star Wars...lol

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I think the OP is asking whether or not we would have preferred the coaster as opposed to the current attraction, not having two rides based on IJ.
    My bad, it was my understanding the Lost Expedition concept included the mine coaster as well. In any case, I'd rather have the EMV adventure

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Actually, that was not what I was asking. I was asking if you would have like to have seen the Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition built instead of what is there now.

Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition included a ride similar to what exists now, the minecart rollercoaster, portions of the Jungle Cruise, and portions of the DL Railroad.

• -

And the physical ride technology is actually from the '80's my friend
    The simulators and the software were all upgraded when the ride was redone. The actual simulators are still there, but they have more movement and fluidity.

As far as the technology being from the 80's, flight simulators with motion, visuals, and sound have been around since the 50's.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast