View Poll Results: Yes or no?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It would have been awesome!

26 56.52%
  • No! I like it better the way it is now!

20 43.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you wish Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition had been built?

An attraction that included not just a ride similar to the current Indiana Jones and a minecart rollercoaster, but also a portion of the Jungle Cruise and Disneyland Railroad!

I think this would have been incredible, but what what are the opinions of my fellow MiceChatters? Do purists balk at the changes that would be made to Jungle Cruise and Railroad?

More info and concept art here:

Link

• My Children's Father

Re: Do you wish Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition had been built?

Not if it would have meant no Splash Mountain.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

What if it had no impact on Splash Mountain?

• Under that tree again!

I feel that getting IJA and SM, is well ahead of IJA, a crappy little coaster, and having a little change to the JC.

We got two huge attractions, that are both great.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    a crappy little coaster
    An interesting comment! Have you been on the Indy minecart coaster ride in Paris? Is it bad? (I've never been there.)

Thumbs down Re: Do you wish Indiana Jones And The Last Expedition had been built?

I voted "no/it's better as it is".

(1) The American-historic DLRR coming through a south Asian temple would be a complete atmospheric clash.

(2) The Jungle Cruise has become a slapstick ride, while the Temple of Mara is a serious/scary one. Encountering a boatload of yuck-yuckers & standup skipper amidst all of the troop transport perils would be a mood-destroyer.

(3) The IJA as it is integrates smoothly and æsthetically into Adventureland, including with the adjacent JC. Externally they complement one another [although as often as not the skippers toss some of their jokes in the direction of the Temple landing and exterior queue].

(4) A mine-cart ride in addition to the troop transport ride would be redundant. Two high-speed, jouncy dark rides through caverns with assorted dangers.

(5) Adventureland is a bigger, more worldwide concept than just LucasFilm's Indiana Jones movies. Indy has a place as a part of Adventureland, but not vice-versa.

(6) The JC as it is is one of the few remaining classics of "original Disneyland". It has its own complete atmosphere. It should not be sucked into another atmosphere. Passing the Temple of Mara exterior is just enough.
    ______
    Rachane

• Nic

a crappy little coaster
    I think you're getting Disneyland Paris's "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril" confused with "Indiana Jones and the Last Expedition."

Temple of Peril is a crappy little outdoor coaster that was rushed, Last Expedition was meant to be so much different than that, just look at the concept art! Imagine the current IJA x10 with a roller coaster element as well.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Goofy

no. its fine the way it is

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I think you're getting Disneyland Paris's "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril" confused with "Indiana Jones and the Last Expedition."

Temple of Peril is a crappy little outdoor coaster that was rushed, Last Expedition was meant to be so much different than that, just look at the concept art! Imagine the current IJA x10 with a roller coaster element as well.
    No I'm not confused, it sounds like you are.

I feel that getting IJA and SM, is well ahead of IJA, a crappy little coaster, and having a little change to the JC.

We got two huge attractions, that are both great.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    An interesting comment! Have you been on the Indy minecart coaster ride in Paris? Is it bad? (I've never been there.)
    Yeah it's really weak. Low capacity, short ride, rough ride and poorly themed. the queue is very well done. I honestly like Goofy's Sky School a lot better although as a stand alone coaster it's not much but it fits in very well to a boardwalk theme. Temple du Peril clone in TDS I've been told is themed a lot better. In summary they are just very cheap coasters.

I'd imagine an Indy Coaster would be going through caves, long, swoopy, dropping in and out of larger rooms, twisting over glowing lava, and a lot more like the Temple of Doom movie. Not a small coaster tucked into the end of a building.

Again getting two great attractions leaves me quite happy.

• Nic

No I'm not confused, it sounds like you are.
    Hmm, I must be confused.

Name:  indy_concept_art_web.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  49.1 KB

That doesn't look like a small coaster tucked in the back of the building...?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Hmm, I must be confused.

Name:  indy_concept_art_web.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  49.1 KB

That doesn't look like a small coaster tucked in the back of the building...?
    That was confirmed many years ago in a thread far far away. But seriously, that would have required a epic HUGE show building that more than likely would have ruined the sight-lines for Adventureland, at least the current Indy only ruins the sight-lines for the GCH guests. Take that wealthy 1% $$$. Haha.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I don't understand the art concept. How exactly was this goin to fit? I mean it's never narrow as is

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

(1) The American-historic DLRR coming through a south Asian temple would be a complete atmospheric clash.
    But a ride through the jungle, Splash Mountain, the IASW facade, and Dinosaur-land isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    I voted "no/it's better as it is".
    (6) The JC as it is is one of the few remaining classics of "original Disneyland". It has its own complete atmosphere. It should not be sucked into another atmosphere. Passing the Temple of Mara exterior is just enough.
    Well, technically the Jungle Cruise is not one of the best examples to choose, really. Even if the temple hasn't been built there's the comedy that was thrown in to change the pace and some scenes being altered or added, such as the piranha attack before Trader Sam (Both of which I do welcome with open hands). Possibly a better example would be the Fantasyland Dark Rides, or even The Enchanted Tiki Room, since both are contained within their own little story bubble. Heck, no one ever talks about the Main Street Transportation anymore. The transportation literally has an entire land as they're atmosphere.

As for the exact idea of The Last Expedition being built? Not exactly. The idea of the railroad and Jungle Cruise going through it seems a bit much. But I am all for the bigger showroom and two new exciting attractions to be added to the park. The only problem would be where to put it. Adventureland is a really tiny place. Looking at Google Earth images, the Temple of the Forbidden Eye has already taken a HUGE amount of space OUTSIDE of the park going under the Railroad. If The Last Expedition was built, I could only imagine that the giant unnamed showbuilding right next to IJA right near the New Orleans Square Station would be swallowed by The Last Expedition

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Not if it would have meant no Splash Mountain.
    This isn't serious, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast