View Poll Results: Either/or?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • The current Tomorrowland, even if it is unpopular!

69 86.25%
  • Star Wars Land, I don't care what purists think!

11 13.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

I believe in technology.. not fantasy.

Ironic I know.. pay no attention to my screen name, avatar, and/or signature. This isn't the contradictory evidence you're looking for. Move along.. :P
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

Re: Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

I'd never replace Tomorrowland with an entire franchise land.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

Walt Disney is rolling in his grave.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah, Stat wars land makes no sense in Disney land, a ride is ok but not a land, wait for a third Gate

• film975

I find it a little ironic that some complain about Tomorrowland not getting any original attractions. While others can't wait to flood Star Wars with it after the recent LucasFilm acquisition. But I believe Star Wars is well represented in Tomorrowland already. What it really needs is a serious makeover that doesn't necessarily have to lend itself to any particular franchise.

• Dead men tell no tales.

As much as I love SW, I voted no.

As much as I want to see Tomorrowland get some TLC, I think turning it into a movie-themed land, no matter how well themed, would be doing exactly what a lot of people here including me don't want to happen.

Cars Land is good and all, and I get the SW isn't just one movie, it's a whole unverse but I just think the concept of an ENTIRE land based off ONE movie should stay in DCA.

• The doctor is in

The thing I find funny about all this... people flipped out when the planned Iron Man ride was announced. However, people learn Disney acquired all of Lucasfilm and are now calling for an entire Star Wars land. They are both franchises that, in essence, take away from the "Disney magic" and aren't original rides. The hypocrisy is amusing me.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yeah, Stat wars land makes no sense in Disney land, a ride is ok but not a land, wait for a third Gate
    Thats my thought....just doesn't really fit.
    For the love of Disney....

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The thing I find funny about all this... people flipped out when the planned Iron Man ride was announced. However, people learn Disney acquired all of Lucasfilm and are now calling for an entire Star Wars land. They are both franchises that, in essence, take away from the "Disney magic" and aren't original rides. The hypocrisy is amusing me.
    I don't see this as hypocrisy. For starters, the purists are consistent in their disdain for either Marvel or SW based expansion. Those that support an Ironman ride quote the context of Tony Stark (andhis father) being a promoter of the future, fitting to the theme of Tomorrowland. And judging by the poll, there seems to be little support for SWLand here. I think those that want to see a lot of themeing (a "land's worth") based on SW would prefer to hold out for the third gate. I know I would.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    I don't see this as hypocrisy. For starters, the purists are consistent in their disdain for either Marvel or SW based expansion. Those that support an Ironman ride quote the context of Tony Stark (andhis father) being a promoter of the future, fitting to the theme of Tomorrowland. And judging by the poll, there seems to be little support for SWLand here. I think those that want to see a lot of themeing (a "land's worth") based on SW would prefer to hold out for the third gate. I know I would.
    This ^
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Minion

First off I like the idea of Marvel and Star Wars having pieces in the parks as long at it fits the theme.

But if they decided to dedicate one of the orignal lands to just one brand that would be absolutely horrbile. TL just needs some TLC. Star Wars land belongs in a studios type park probably in Orlando or a third gate here with theit movie properties it could be so epic. I would want a Star wars land, Marvelland, And Halloweentown of course there could be more but those three would be on my wish lists. Halloweentown could be so awesome and finally free up the HM during Halloween for something else! I would even move Star Tours into that new park which I know would never happen as it is only a year old now.

• -

First off, if they can find a way to expand Disneyland and add a Star Wars land, that's fine. I don't want to replace Tomorrowland with it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Neither really. I think Star Wars Land should be a DHS exclusive. Just like I think Carsland should be a DCA exclusive.
    I don't want to see it at Hollywood Studios. That park is supposed to be about the business of making movies and the processes involved. Converting a section of it to a Star Wars land has nothing to do with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    I will hate to see the posts here when they start tearing down the people mover tracks... Thanks OSHA for thinking of safety first...
    Don't you mean "thanks Disney for letting it deteriorate to the condition that it is in and letting it sit vacant long enough to lose its grandfather status"? I don't think OSHA had anything to do with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."Argument dead. The land of tomorrow cannot be Star Wars as it was in the past.
    No really. Star Wars very much represents the future from Man's perspective. We have not yet achieved the technology represented there. Just because their civilization reached that point a long time ago does not mean that we have. I believe that the ride that is currently there showcases what Man can achieve in the far distant future. After we have mastered space travel and set up colonies on other worlds, interstellar tourism may very well be an everyday occurance. At this point it isn't whic is why this fits into Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by calsig31; 11-05-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

I choose neither because the best choice to be made is "What will make this land as enjoyable as possible to the majority?" Putting on the blinders and forging ahead with a "it's either this way or that way" mentality isn't the healthiest plan at all.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

This decision did not take much time to think over. Tomorrow Land to stay how it is, I mean this is Disneyland. For a whole section of the park to be dedicated to Star Wars would be unacceptable... I've always loved the theme Tomorrow Land had, and that was looking forward to a brighter tomorrow. I'm quite positive that Walt wouldn't approve of getting rid of his creation But if it comes down to it, the 3rd gate to Star Wars land would be acceptable.

• Banned User

Star Wars has always been timeless, whereas Tomorrowland is quite dated.

we also know that Star Wars is too big for Tomorrowland.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast