View Poll Results: Either/or?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • The current Tomorrowland, even if it is unpopular!

69 86.25%
  • Star Wars Land, I don't care what purists think!

11 13.75%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

This should be fun...

You have two (and only two!) choices for the sake of this question...it should be quite a dilemma for many of you!

Would you rather:

• Have Tomorrowland stay as it is today? (No changes can be made!)
    • Have Tomorrowland completely dismantled and rebuilt as an all-new Star Wars Land?

The current Tomorrowland is not very futuristic, filled with movie tie-ins that don't really fit in with the original vision for the land, contains elements that are no longer used (Peoplemover tracks and until recently the upper level of the Starcade), etc. That being said, it is an original "land" and has some classic rides loved by many.

A Star Wars Land would upset most purists, would bring an entire "non-Disney" land into the mix (yes, I know it is now technically Disney, but you know what I mean), but would also have a consistent theme and be brand spanking new. No more Autopia, no more Buzz Lightyear, no more Nemo subs, no more Innoventions.

No, there is not a third option for "I'd update the current Tomorrowland" for the sake of this question! I want it to make you think!

• Minion

Re: Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

Definitely Star Wars Land because current Tomorrowland looks awful imo

Re: Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

even though it is my least liked land now, i vote for the current tomorrowland because i'm against huge franchises having such a huge presence in DLR. and i still believe tomorrowland can be "saved". i think a land for star wars, everything marvel, and the rumored avatar deserve to be on a third park.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Nutty about Disney parks

Neither really. I think Star Wars Land should be a DHS exclusive. Just like I think Carsland should be a DCA exclusive.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

The current tomorrowland. I'm tired of all of these new non-Disney franchises being bought by Disney and being forced out in the parks. Tomorrowland was one of Walt's favorite areas, and I feel that we should not give up on it.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Well I would vote for Star Wars if they keeped the monorail

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Inappropriate

Current tomorrowland, mostly for the sake of Space Mountain. I love me some Space Mountain as is. The other rides, though would be easily convertible: Naboo Submarine Voyage, X-Wing Astro Orbitor, Bounty Hunter Astro Blasters, Star Tours...oh wait. That one can stay.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• "What is thy bidding?"

Angry Re: Either/Or: The current Tomorrowland or TL removed & replaced by Star Wars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Neither really. I think Star Wars Land should be a DHS exclusive. Just like I think Carsland should be a DCA exclusive.
    No!! Please dont obliterate the current Tomorrowland. Yes it is long over due for some love but I agree that a DHS expansion that would provide an adventure to Mos Eisely, Tatooine or tour of the Death Star.....maybe something along those lines if you get the jist.

I will hate to see the posts here when they start tearing down the people mover tracks... Thanks OSHA for thinking of safety first...

• My Children's Father

Several years ago I met some California friends in St. Louis to see a Rams game. One of the games we played in the bars we spent time in was "Devil's Dilemna", where one person is given two miserable choices. One friend, whom I actually met for the first time that weekend, earned the nickname "Satan" for the devilishly clever choices he would specify.

I don't like these games. I said "current tomorrowland" because it would more likely be improved in the future.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• The doctor is in

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."

Argument dead. The land of tomorrow cannot be Star Wars as it was in the past.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."

Argument dead. The land of tomorrow cannot be Star Wars as it was in the past.
    Um, it would be "Star Wars Land", not "Tomorrowland" therefore it doesn't matter when it fits thematically. Tomorrowland would simply vanish.

• Under that tree again!

Happiest Place on Earth, with a war torn land.

Went with current tomorrowland, I love the Star Wars Land idea, and it is nice for it's own land at a 3rd gate, but not to take over tomorrow land.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Um, it would be "Star Wars Land", not "Tomorrowland" therefore it doesn't matter when it fits thematically. Tomorrowland would simply vanish.

• Minion

Keep it Tomorrowland there is not enough space to do Starwars land justice here! I would rather starwars go to DHS or a third or fifth gate (depending on coast) if they are doing it they need to do it right!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast