Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: 2012 Disneyland Candlelight Viewing Opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I also find it interesting that the lions share of the comments on the blog itself are generally negative. And even more interesting, since all comments are moderated, that those not so sunny and happy comments are actually being allowed to see the light of day.
    I noticed that as well...it will be interesting to see how/if they respond to those comments.

• Nor Cal AP'er

Seems it was bad mistake to announce "dinner packages" and then cancel!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    Seems it was bad mistake to announce "dinner packages" and then cancel!
    Agreed.

I am curious as to how the lottery works when you plan to attend w/ family and friends? The winner gets his seat plus one? Two? Four? I am hoping for a + one situation since I really don't even want to see the whole thing (it is the SO).

So far I haven't seen on the page, what days the lottery will be divided up into. Guess I'll just check back on Nov 12th.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I got this email to...I'll do the sweepstakes.

Actually, I owe alot of neat experience from winning two AP sweepstakes. One was to ride Nemo on the soft opening (at which time I determined I would never ride it again since I was claustrophic in that sub, but I got to experience it) and the other was riding Star Wars 3D when it soft opened. I enjoyed both experiences.

I will enter this sweepstakes and see what happens. I've enjoyed the times I have gone to CP and wouldn't mind going to another.

My comment on the parks blog was not allowed through, which is interesting since I *really* censored myself since quite frankly I'm angry. I booked flight and hotel due to the officially released information that I could purchase a dining package even if I missed out on free seats with my AP. I will try to focus on the other things I'll get to do, but it's really upsetting.

My only wish is that they would move it to the Fantasyland Theater after the first weekend since it creates such congestion on Main Street and shuts down the train early. They would definately have more seating available there.

We also lose the night time Christmas parade which does not hold the same magic when it is an afternoon parade.

• Senior Minion

Whether it's here or on the Disney Blog, the overwhelming message from Disney's customers is clear: "No matter how much you charge us, how much you annoy us and how much we complain, we won't stop spending money on your product."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• when you wish...

I, too, am upset there is no dinner package for the Candlelight Processional. I booked a whole trip for my birthday just to see Patricia Heaton. It's a bummer I have to pray to win the sweepstakes, so I can see her performance up close. I gladly would have ponied up money for a dinner package!!!

By the way, I obviously have no idea how the sweepstakes will shake out, but I will pay someone if they win seats for either of her two nights I hope it's okay to post that on here, but I am such a huge fan!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We have yet to be lucky with a single AP lottery. So here's hoping we actually make it this time and it is for a date we can actually attend.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The only thing I dont like about this system is...I have friend who are AP....if they don't win...then I wont go by my self...just wish you registered online...first come first served kinda system

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

I am hoping they do it where you can say your party size when you enter. That way you can actually go with people you know.

• Sock Puppet

actually-- i just got the notice on my AP page, they are going to have a drawing for APH to win a random drawing for a chance to attend a Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performance. This is only for APH..and it says may enter. doesn't mean you have too..lol

ALSO
    --The notice said that during the 3-20 of each of the performances, seats have been reserved for APH only. That doens't mean nobody else can see it, just some seats have been reserved for us APH as a thank you from Disney.

As a special thank you to our valued Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, seats during the December 3 through December 20, 2012 performances have been reserved for Passholders

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    So wait the processional is only for APs and only by sweepstakes? Or is this only for the Free AP seats and you can still buy seats?

This is so lame whatever it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Seats are by Disney's choice, which appears to be limited to guests and the AP lottery. You cannot buy seats, however, the standing room and benches are still available to all, first come first serve.

okay here i will explain..

there will be seats reserved for just APH each night for the performance.. but they are also holding a random drawing for APH only to view the processional and performance..

any park guest can .. if they can..get a seat, as the seats are limited, so if you want a seat an your are not a APH i say camp out.

did i explain that better??

if you logg into your passholder site on the disneyland website, go to annual passholder news and you will see the "email" they have sent us APH of the special reserved seating for the CP
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-07-2012 at 02:38 PM.

• ******** Gold Member

Rumor is that this is likely leading to a ticketed-event next year, when the park would be closed, as it is for Mickey halloween parties. This is how the Christmas Processional is run at WDW (my friend explained)- ticketed for a specific venue, not closing WDW tho.

So those interested might want to make extra effort to see it free this year, even in standing space. I was standing last year and saw everything just fine. This year we have MANY more opportunities to view the show free.

At WDW the venue is BORING imho (friend showed me photos), yet people can stand outside and see the processional and see/hear some of the music without paying. Having the Main Street Train Station as the Disneyland venue makes the show more magical and unique, so I would not want it moved from there unless it went to an equally unique & fantastic location.

I have never paid for ticketed events that my AP doesn't include, and I don't always win the AP lottery; but this is one event I love enough to buy a ticket to in the future. I too wish it had been a dinner package this year.

If needed, let's work together with one post where people can list the number of extra tickets they have, and others post what they need.

• Sock Puppet

..well this year AP's don't need to buy a ticket for the CP..we get free reserved seats and a chance at a drawing.. so either way we get two chances to see it for free.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ChEars! View Post
    Rumor is that this is likely leading to a ticketed-event next year, when the park would be closed, as it is for Mickey halloween parties. This is how the Christmas Processional is run at WDW (my friend explained)- ticketed for a specific venue, not closing WDW tho.

At WDW the venue is BORING imho (friend showed me photos), yet people can stand outside and see the processional and see/hear some of the music without paying. Having the Main Street Train Station as the Disneyland venue makes the show more magical and unique, so I would not want it moved from there unless it went to an equally unique & fantastic location.
    At WDW the Candlelight Processional is held in Epcot with the ceremony held in the American Gardens Theater. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties are held in the Magic Kingdom.

Comparing the two I would not call either boring this I say with personal experience. I do like seeing it in DL on the train station, however it is a much more workable affair in Epcot because of the large quantity of seating.

In DL it's likely to move into the Fantasyland Theater or the Big Thunder Ranch Festival Arena. Both of these places can host more guests for ticketed events compared to Town Square.

If the CP is part of a ticketed party it is likely to move to one of those locations because otherwise if it remains on the Train Station it would cause problems with only a small portion of a desired party attendance able to view it. If the CP is not a part of the ticketed parties it would probably be moved to the Hyperion Theater in DCA.

It's about maximizing profits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast