Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2012 Disneyland Candlelight Viewing Opportunities

I had posted one of the "negative" comments on their blog feed about it. Oddly, it seems my comment was never approved for others to view. It seemed to mesh with what everyone else was posting.
    Maybe it's because I'd made a comment about how they seemed stuck on the One Park mentality but couldn't offer up the same dinner packages they offer at DW. Maybe it's because I called them out on their original posting mentioned they would have dinner packages & now they don't.
    Who knows.
    I know though that I also mentioned I would of forked out the bucks for a guaranteed optimal viewing seat that I didn't have to camp out for hours for, wasting time that I could be spending more money in the park. Face it, the longer we have to sit holding a spot, the less money they make while we are in the park.
    We are talking Curt Russell & Dick Van Dyke, Disney icons, who wouldn't pay for that?

Guess I'll just have to camp out or hope my sad bad luck pays off for once & also that I can get the time off for a date I hope to win as I may not have enough time to inform my employer of my request off.

This is the link to register to win seats: Candlelight Ceremony and Processional Sweepstakes | Annual Passholders | Disneyland Resort

It is for you & 3 other PASSHOLDERS, looks like Non-passholders are not allowed to hang out with you, if I'm understanding it right.

You get emailed on or around Nov 26th letting you know if you have won seats.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I don't like that I can't bring in a non-passholder. Wouldn't they be my guest? I didn't realize that until after I signed up for the sweepstakes...well if I win...looks like I'm not going. I'm not sitting there by myself and there is no way my kid is going to sit though that. We'll see.

Im a bit confused by the disclaimer:
    "and the total number requested in your party, consisting of you and a maximum of three (3) other Members as your guests ("Party Size")"

Do they define Members as AP members, or just members of your party. Can you bring 3 non AP members if you win the drawing?

• Senior Minion

The hoops Disney makes its customers jump through to buy its magic. The miscommunication, the doubletalk, the PR games, the greed.

At some point it goes beyond frustrating, beyond infuriating, and becomes sad. Just... sad.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Im a bit confused by the disclaimer:
    "and the total number requested in your party, consisting of you and a maximum of three (3) other Members as your guests ("Party Size")"

Do they define Members as AP members, or just members of your party. Can you bring 3 non AP members if you win the drawing?
    All persons accompanying must be an AP holder of some type unless under pass age. Here is the exact wording "How many Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders are in your group, including yourself"
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Is it no longer possible to watch the CandleLight thing from on Main Street? Are the tickets for the chairs/reserved seats?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Is it no longer possible to watch the CandleLight thing from on Main Street? Are the tickets for the chairs/reserved seats?

You can still view it from Main Street. The seats just provide the convenience of optimal viewing & not having to "camp out" forever for a good spot.
    Besides, who wants to stand the whole time or sit on the cold ground. I know it kills my old bones LOL
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    No. All members of the party must be AP holders.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I was planning on going to Disneyland this year just to see the Candlelight ceremony and was going to book a dinner package to do so. I'm now cancelling those plans and staying home. I'm not going through the hassle and expense to have camp out without a seat for "maybe a chance" to see it. Disney just lost my money this holiday season because of this.

I'm not an annual passholder because I live out of state, nor do intend on buying an AP. I don't begrudge the APs for getting tickets via a lottery system, I personally think that is a great perk for them. However, to make the reserved tickets only available through the lottery system is just stupid. Why couldn't tickets be set aside for both APers and dinner packages?

Oh well, maybe next year.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Heck'sBusDriver View Post
    Oh well, maybe next year.
    Nope, not next year because next year all Holiday festivities will be a hard ticket event. although I don't know if Candlelight Processional will be part of that...so I could be wrong.
    But then if it is..you can just buy the ticket for just the CP....so yeah, maybe next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123