Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Dead men tell no tales.

Re: So what are they doing during the Indiana Jones rehab?

I agree, I'm totally fine getting bruised if it meant I could ride the REAL Indy.

• Banned User

The problem with the off-road effect is what you see didn't match what you're suppose to feel. Why is the road so bumpy? I didn't see any potholes on the ground. When I drive on gravel, my car doesn't feel like Indiana Jones jeep. The excessive swaying and twisting was unnecessary.

• I won't grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The problem with the off-road effect is what you see didn't match what you're suppose to feel. Why is the road so bumpy? I didn't see any potholes on the ground. When I drive on gravel, my car doesn't feel like Indiana Jones jeep. The excessive swaying and twisting was unnecessary.
    This is a fine example of taking something too literally. I mean why would we want to keep a ride effect that increases the experience simply because it doesn't make sense.

But I guess your right, I just don't really believe I'm in space on space mountain either. I think they need to suck all the oxygen out of the dome. Then it will make sense.

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

I wish they would fix the room with the bugs. From the bugs not working to the lights not syncing properly with the vehicle, it's my least favorite part besides the rats but who considers that even trying.

• Banned User

Last time I was on it (right before the closer) the boulder worked fine and the bugs have never been a problem. At least not that I've noticed. The rats effect has always been terrible, and I have no clue what this ice thing is about though.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Last time I was on it (right before the closer) the boulder worked fine and the bugs have never been a problem. At least not that I've noticed. The rats effect has always been terrible, and I have no clue what this ice thing is about though.
    From a Disney fan blog..

..the part of the ride where you pass Indy holding the Gates of Doom closed, make a left to drive down the “stairs” towards the lava pit, where Mara takes his first shot at you. The shot hits the ceiling above the lava pit, right next to the path that you’re on.When the attraction first opened, at this point 60 pounds of ice would fall from the ceiling, which looked like the ceiling was crumbling because of Mara’s eye beam. It was a pretty fantastic effect.
    Sadly, the ice machines broke down (that’s a lot of ice needed every 18 seconds), and Disney never repaired them. The effect worked for the press preview, but only some of the very first guests to ride ever even saw that effect.

Any chance there'll be a soft open at Indy about a week before the offical date of the 7th of December?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    Any chance there'll be a soft open at Indy about a week before the offical date of the 7th of December?
    The official reopening day is the 8th.

When refurbs are longer they miss their mark more often. Could be just as likely to be sooner as later.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post

In that case why even have the vehicle move at all? After-all, the surface your jeep travels on is perfectly smooth. Kidding aside, Indy was designed to be a crazy experience that feels like a fantasy version of off roading, allowing guests to use their imagination. If everything in Disneyland were 100% realistic in every way we would have one boring park. Again, please let Indy run to its full potential, it will revitalize the spirit and purpose of this attraction.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    Just as the title says... What are they fixing or working on during the rehab? Anyone know?

They are adding a loop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123