Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wannabe Aviator!

Leave Timon alone?

Hey here is a question:
    Because the majority of us feel that more, much more can be done for DCA; should they consider using the Timon Parking lot for expansion?

It really is not that large of a parking lot. and it is in a curious location. It could almost be another "land" within DCA.
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

• /sigh

YES, Please use the lot.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• o Tom o

I think if you read through most of the post regarding "how to fix DCA" you will find nearly EVERYONE advocates using this lot. There is a search function, take some time and search DCA and see the fun stuff people have preposed- peace out hommie g's

imagineering is planning to use the lot for expansion that's why it's there

and it's not as small as you think, it could very easily hold three lands the size of the hollywood backlot area

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I was under the impression way back when what is there was still being built, that it was already planned to use that parking lot eventually.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' ain't Borin'
    Hey here is a question:
    Because the majority of us feel that more, much more can be done for DCA; should they consider using the Timon Parking lot for expansion?

It really is not that large of a parking lot. and it is in a curious location. It could almost be another "land" within DCA.

That has ALWAYS been the plan.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I think it needs to be used, but first you need to address other sections in the park, including the entire Paradise Pier/Route 66/Bathroom row (aka San Fran) area, plus the dead space at Pacific Wharf (Lucky's and lack of an attraction) and the North east corner where Hollywood and Dine is...

Make the current park better, then expand!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I Agree, Fix The Current Situation And Then Expand. It Has Been Said That Timone Would Eventullly Be Used, But For What I'm Not Sure.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I think it needs to be used, but first you need to address other sections in the park, including the entire Paradise Pier/Route 66/Bathroom row (aka San Fran) area, plus the dead space at Pacific Wharf (Lucky's and lack of an attraction) and the North east corner where Hollywood and Dine is...

Make the current park better, then expand!
    AMEN! I am firmly behind fixing up and filling the current park before physically expanding - and there is SO much room in DCA as it is, for new attractions. There are MAJOR vacancies in the following areas:

The Entire Pacific Wharf
    Bountiful Valley Farm
    Bathroom Row
    Hollywood and Dine
    The X Games Show Building
    Millionaire

Not to mention needing to update existing attractions. Off the top of my head these come to mind:

Paradise Pier
    Route 66
    Redwood Creek

My 2 cents =)
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    AMEN! I am firmly behind fixing up and filling the current park before physically expanding - and there is SO much room in DCA as it is, for new attractions. There are MAJOR vacancies in the following areas:

The Entire Pacific Wharf
    Bountiful Valley Farm
    Bathroom Row
    Hollywood and Dine
    The X Games Show Building
    Millionaire

Not to mention needing to update existing attractions. Off the top of my head these come to mind:

Paradise Pier
    Route 66
    Redwood Creek

My 2 cents =)

there's nothing behind the Pacific Warf except the Timon lot unless you want to gut what's already there and totaly rebuild

the Xgames didn't have a show building they had an arena that was built on the Timon lot but has since been reclaimed... by the Timon Lot

Bathroom Row is increadibly shallow there isn't room for showbuildings or anything of depth behind the san fran buildings

bountiful vally farm... http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1041 (I think we've discussed this before )

Millionare will get something from the entertainment department eventualy I'm told (it's currently run by Entertainment at least)

and Hollywood And Dine is expansion space I suppose though I've heard it's kitchen is used for resort candy making sometimes (easily moved leaving the land to be developed into soemthing else)

they could put a showbuilding behind Screamin http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=773

they could also stand to redevelope alot of the Route 66 area (alot of people would enjoy an enclosed mollaholand madness or whatever) they could also stand to kill either Burger Invasion or Pizza Oh Mow Mow Mow or whatever and put a ride around that area

• Closed Account

The first thing they need to do is drop the boring, mundane, here and now, hip and edgy, California theme.

• Colorado Bound?

Yup. I never understood why TDA thought I would want to go to a park themed on California when I am in.... California! I mean, duhh!

If I want to see Napa or SF or Yosemite... I'd just go there!

If I was a tourist from back east, I'm in California for my visit. After I go to the park... I'd just go there!

Take me somewhere or somewhen I haven't been and am not bloody likely to go!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    Yup. I never understood why TDA thought I would want to go to a park themed on California when I am in.... California! I mean, duhh!

If I want to see Napa or SF or Yosemite... I'd just go there!

If I was a tourist from back east, I'm in California for my visit. After I go to the park... I'd just go there!

Take me somewhere or somewhen I haven't been and am not bloody likely to go!
    California is a very large state, as you know, so it is not practical for tourists to visit the entire state--most just come to Southern California for a vacation. I find that DCA is much more geared toward tourists than locals, probably by design. That would be fine if it had the ability to attract a substantial number of tourists, but it doesn't yet.

Timon lot is an obvious location for expansion.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Baybeh!

Use it and get the last of the original parking lot out of the way.

21 gun tribute, and Taps playing the entire time of construction.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by circleVision
    The first thing they need to do is drop the boring, mundane, here and now, hip and edgy, California theme.

WrongWay... is that you????? Are you me??? Are we the same person?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast