Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    And after looking at Carsland pics they decor looks idk I'm just not feeling it for some reason so under whelmed from what they were saying a year ago hopefully its not finished and better things come in.
    What you're seeing is like the first half of the first wave of Christmas decorations. There will be plenty more, and I am sure Cars Land will not disappoint you.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

I DO! I DO! I got a ton, i will post!!!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 11:42 AM ----------

CCT Wreath:

wreath on CCT and light pole on BV st:

Monorail Bridge :

TOLD YOU I GOT A LOT, WAIT THERE IS MORE!!

BV ST. Tree:

detail of the bridge decor:

carsland xmas decor:

SO that's what i got for now. i have like 7 others i have posted.. but they are detail photos, and there is one other tree in carsland its a tire tree near mater's.. its cute.. ya'll gotta see it!

Add me to the list of those who think the DCA christmas decor (so far) is underwhelming. Did Christmas look that tacky back in the day? The wreath on Carthay really sticks out but in a very bad way. I'll stay positive though and hope it all works once it's done.

Judging from photos from the 30s, Christmas was pretty basic. Sometimes less looks better.

About the blue LEDs: It's like my eyes are unable to "focus" on them. It's weird. I think this could easily be solved by using white LEDs in colored bulbs. Not colored lights in colored bulbs or clear bulbs.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

o yeah close up of the tree

I did not get a very good photo of it there is just so many decoartions, i didn't even get everything.but very 1940's ish feel to it..

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

do remember that DCA has a theme now in the area of BV st, and so you can't compare the decor of xmas to that at Disneyland..the two are different but it feels much more like christmas to me at DCA! i can't wait till they play white christmas by bing crosby!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    Add me to the list of those who think the DCA christmas decor (so far) is underwhelming. Did Christmas look that tacky back in the day? The wreath on Carthay really sticks out but in a very bad way. I'll stay positive though and hope it all works once it's done.
    I think CCT looks fab with the wreath! maybe they will add some garland later, but for now i think it loosk great the light poles look fab as well!

• Minion

Thanks for posting some of the Carsland Christmas. It looks great so far! Loving the Buena Vista decorations so far, nothing seems tacky about it.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Buena Vista Street's Christmas decor is probably more authentic to the time period than Main Street's. Actually, I think MK's Main Street uses decorations that are more authentic than DL's, but then they're uglier, too. I don't like the popcorn strings on their tree and the primary colored bulbs, or the fruit on the wreaths. DL's decorations on the other hand, are gorgeous. In that case I think fudging with authenticity ended up being a good thing. But I digress...

Anyway, I think BVS looks pretty good so far. I like the tree, but I'm not sure how I feel about the garland with the red plastic bells. On one hand, a bit tacky by today's standards, but on the other hand, they definitely remind me of Christmases at grandma's when I was a kid.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Thanks for posting some of the Carsland Christmas. It looks great so far! Loving the Buena Vista decorations so far, nothing seems tacky about it.

thanks! i did not photos of everything!! lol but just the main stuff.. and i don't remember fruit being in the wreaths..from far away the decor looks great, but when you got someone like me taking the photo i get the detail of the decoration so then it would look tacky. when you see it in person, it looks fabulous!! and remember that last two years DCA has had nothing as far as xmas decor!

i think the wreath on CCT looks soo awesome and from afar, it's soo gorgeous!!! I have 7 other shots of it..LOL

• SORCERER

Here is some more pics of Disney California Adventure during Christmas Time (Totality forgot to goto Cars land today)

Sorry for quality taken with iPhone 5 (nikon dslr was dead )

I wish they would have stuck with the same type of decor that Disneyland uses on main street. I know they are going for period specific decor, but they are not very grand in my eyes so far. I especially am not a fan of the main tree on Buena Vista Street.

• Disneyland Original '55

Thank you soo much Poisonedapples for the pictures. I am loving it. Im headed down for thanksgiving and cannot wait to see if the tree in Person and the Pictures of CarsLand is Greatly appreciated.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwowzer View Post
    Thank you soo much Poisonedapples for the pictures. I am loving it. Im headed down for thanksgiving and cannot wait to see if the tree in Person and the Pictures of CarsLand is Greatly appreciated.
    No problem!! Mind though i did not GET all decorations,i didn't even cover the other park yet! lol There is so many more decorations i did not get photos of, but i think that when you are standing on BV st. you will feel like you are in a different place and the decorations or awesome not tacky at all when in person. It really fits with the park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

While I am pleased that they actually have a tree on that side of the park now, I'm a bit bummed that it's kind of buried off to the side and that there aren't any good sight lines with a clear view except for a couple of tiny spots. Ideally, you should have a clear view of it as you enter the park, or as you approach the "hub" from the other areas of the park, but you really don't. I think what SHOULD have happened would be to somehow get a larger tree in where the fountain is now, but that's not the design that they went with. I realize that you STILL wouldn't have a clear view of it as you entered the park, but it would have been dazzling as you turned that corner and would have looked much better in what is truly the center of that town square area in front of the Carthay.

If only there was a way that they could have designed that fountain so that it could be removed for the holiday season. Bummer.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Even more garland and decorations were added to BVS today on the outside of buildings, insides shops, and store windows. Looks great so far! I for one love the authentic 30's look! Things were simpler and many elements like the oversized bells and tinsel are totally authentic and help bring home the look. I especially enjoy the more "airy", almost cypress like look pf the garland. it fits perfect with LA look. Can't wait until they finish and put on some Christmas music.

Cars Land also got some more decorations and "trees" today but, just like BVS, it's not done yet! I guess that's unfortunate part of watching something new unfold over the course of days, some are very quick to dismiss before it's all set up. Remember the holidays officially start on the 12th.

• I'm a fiddle player......

In the pics the BVS tree looks like it is buried behind all the trees and wires, its a little disappointing. We'll have to see when I see it in person on Monday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast