Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New Years Eve @ DLR

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    personally since the wine and champagne is at DCA i am going with that park! LOL
    SOLD! New Years Eve at DCA it is!!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Nope. When the fire marshal says it is at capacity, you cannot enter. And the private entrance is open to anyone dining at the hotel, parking at the hotel, etc...
    not much of a "private" entrance the girl on the phone told me you need a room key and a valid ticket to use it..... seems like i was lied to.....

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfhampster View Post
    It means you don't have to deal with trying to get out of the parking lot and I would totally count that as an advantage! The adventure of trying to get out of the park, get a tram to the parking lot, and then get out of the parking took about an hour and a half.

finally an advantage to staying at a $800 a night hotel!!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 02:08 PM ----------

good vids SoCalbma! see you there!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

•   
    • Minion

I have gone the past 5 years and it's a lot of fun don't let any horror stories from here scare you. Just don't go thinking you will get on a lot of attractions because you won't. Go to have fun and take in the atmosphere. Get there early and figure out where you want to be for the evening because it does get crowded. It's nothing that is not avoidable if you plan accordingly.

Last year we went in on 12-31 at 10am and decided at 3pm to get a hand stamp and leave we rolled back into the park at 7pm. At that point they were still selling tickets at the booths even though there was a sign out saying the parks were full. Out of the past 5 years two were foggy which to me is whatever fireworks don't ruin my trip if I can't see them like I said just go in with a mindset of having fun and you will probably find it

One thing I noticed last year is DL didn't seem as crowded as the past couple of years I m sure that had to do with WOC showing a special midnight showing and DCA having a street party. This year I would suspect the balance will be as good with all of DCA now being fully open.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    not much of a "private" entrance the girl on the phone told me you need a room key and a valid ticket to use it..... seems like i was lied to.....
    Well, they do require a room key there for Early Morning hours.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• My Children's Father

Make reservations for your in-park dining
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I have gone the past 5 years and it's a lot of fun don't let any horror stories from here scare you. Just don't go thinking you will get on a lot of attractions because you won't. Go to have fun and take in the atmosphere. Get there early and figure out where you want to be for the evening because it does get crowded. It's nothing that is not avoidable if you plan accordingly.

Last year we went in on 12-31 at 10am and decided at 3pm to get a hand stamp and leave we rolled back into the park at 7pm. At that point they were still selling tickets at the booths even though there was a sign out saying the parks were full. Out of the past 5 years two were foggy which to me is whatever fireworks don't ruin my trip if I can't see them like I said just go in with a mindset of having fun and you will probably find it

One thing I noticed last year is DL didn't seem as crowded as the past couple of years I m sure that had to do with WOC showing a special midnight showing and DCA having a street party. This year I would suspect the balance will be as good with all of DCA now being fully open.
    THANK YOU very much! i know my family and I will have a blast!!! nothing like rigning in the new year with thousands of fellow Disney fans!!!

And thank you everyone for the advice and comments, it has been a big help!

One last question, does DL have a concert on the 31st?? I remember watching Dick Clarks Rockin Eve last year and they kept going to DL for a concert. But i dont know if it was live or pre-recorded??

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Cool, Thanks for posting both of my videos up of the New Years 2011 and the Massive Crowed.

Here's another video I recorded last year of WOC New Years Eve 2012. Stupid Fog

oh haa!! awesome!! right on! didn't even know they were yours! LOL

We will also be there this year for the New Years Eve celebration. Can't Wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Well, they do require a room key there for Early Morning hours.
    yes malcon is right, only for early entry.. other then that through out the day you should not need your room key, just ticket. And everyone can use that entrance...

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post

.. and here is the best spots to eat at and make it special since it's new years..

Carthay Circle Theater--new to the park and the food is good kids may not like..

Ariel's Grotto-- heard there is character dining and over looks paradise pier

Wine Country Trattoria--over looks DCA, carsland, the area near paradise warf.. very good food and there is the wine bar next to it..they will be pouring the champagne for your champagne toast to the new year, probably gonna cost between $9-$12 a glass

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

yeah that's cause it was last year with all the fog and nobody wanted to go cause they wouldn't see anything..

but still Op expect it to be jammed

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    where would you recommend?? we have done Goofy's Kicthen and Blue bayou.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

.. and here is the best spots to eat at and make it special since it's new years..

Carthay Circle Theater--new to the park and the food is good kids may not like..

Ariel's Grotto-- heard there is character dining and over looks paradise pier

Wine Country Trattoria--over looks DCA, carsland, the area near paradise warf.. very good food and there is the wine bar next to it..they will be pouring the champagne for your champagne toast to the new year, probably gonna cost between $9-$12 a glass

Thanks!!

This is a timely thread for me. I'm wondering how DCA will be on New Year's. I was thinking of heading over there to check out the Mad T Party band that night. I know a couple years ago, I showed up a couple days after Christmas and couldn't get into Disneyland around 7, so I'm just wondering how the dynamics of DCA will be with the new changes.

•   
    • Minion

yeah that's cause it was last year with all the fog and nobody wanted to go cause they wouldn't see anything..

but still Op expect it to be jammed
    Hard to say 4 years ago it was more foggy but the gates actually closed to all people which didn't happen last year. If I go again this year I want to try out DCA for a change

• Nic

Does anyone know if they've closed the gates for New Year's Day? I'll be getting to DL Hotel at around 3:00, and before I buy a ticket, I wanna make sure I'll be able to get in!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    This is a timely thread for me. I'm wondering how DCA will be on New Year's. I was thinking of heading over there to check out the Mad T Party band that night. I know a couple years ago, I showed up a couple days after Christmas and couldn't get into Disneyland around 7, so I'm just wondering how the dynamics of DCA will be with the new changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Even while DCA draws a lot more crowds these are still days DL and DCA too could reach max capacity. Before leaving the park for a meal, jacket or nap look for signs that you may not get back in. Signs saying the parks are full, ticket booths closed, signs warning that you must get a hand stamp to reenter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Does anyone know if they've closed the gates for New Year's Day? I'll be getting to DL Hotel at around 3:00, and before I buy a ticket, I wanna make sure I'll be able to get in!
    It's usually not close to capcity because like this year, work and school restarts the next day for many people. It's more of a go home early day.

An unusual SoCal anomoly often happens during Christmas week that is a cause for the parks reaching capacity. It's very unpredicatable, until the situation is playing out.

This can happen during the weeks of Thanksgiving, President's Day, and during Spring Break. Rain. When the park is very busy and it rains it can look like this for a family on a 4 day trip. Day 1, sunny crazy busy. Day 2 rain busy or even just moderately crowded. Day 3 rainy, busy but they can't spend two vacation days in their hotel rooms. Day 3 sunny, pent up demand from people who stayed home on the rainy days causes the parks to burst at thier seems, capacity closures in effect.

Another thing to keep in mind is closing for capacity happens in levels. No new tickets sold, no entry to new guest with tickets, no entry to park hopper holders, no entry for onsite hotel guest, no entry to AP holders, no entry to current day guests with handstamps, no entry for anyone.

I usually go on NYE, and towards the end of the night, I have never been able to move. The crowds literally reach a standstill. So pick a spot, cop a squat, and take it all in. If you expect 'madness', you'll enjoy it. Just embrace it. I mean, it's a Disney park on NYE! Super fun! You will get poked, pushed, prodded, and run over by all manner of wheeled vehicles. all part of the experience!

• Minion

Having been doing NYE at DIsneyland every year since 1999, I can say it is the busiest day of the year. I can remember maybe 3 years the turnstiles didn't close. Last year was one. Also 2005 it rained hard all day, and it never closed, but you were also walking in puddles! I've also been there when the closure came at noon, and I've been there when the closure didn't happen until about 8pm. Most years, there is a closure.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Stitch View Post
    I usually go on NYE, and towards the end of the night, I have never been able to move. The crowds literally reach a standstill. So pick a spot, cop a squat, and take it all in. If you expect 'madness', you'll enjoy it. Just embrace it. I mean, it's a Disney park on NYE! Super fun! You will get poked, pushed, prodded, and run over by all manner of wheeled vehicles. all part of the experience!
    sounds like a very memorable NYE!!!! i cant wait!

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 09:51 AM ----------

i guess my plan B in case i get trapped outside the parks i can always watch the madness from the balcony of the GCH!!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    where would you recommend?? we have done Goofy's Kicthen and Blue bayou.

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Thanks!!
    no problem.. there is however lots of little places to eat like the boardwalk pizza and pasta and the paradise garden grill @ dca, personally when i eat at the parks it's always DCA because the food is better, and paradise warf has the bread bowl factory and the soups are fabulous!!..but if you want a sit down dinner, try the suggestions above, and that way you don't need to leave the park and again a plus to DCA is the WINE BAR!! and CHAMPAGNE!! lol

also this link has the menus for DLR Disneyland Resort Menus each place is a clickable link

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    It might be busy mad t party is popular ...

Hard to say 4 years ago it was more foggy but the gates actually closed to all people which didn't happen last year. If I go again this year I want to try out DCA for a change

it's a hit or miss every year..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast