• Chief Troublemaker

Help on dates 2/2013 and 3/2013

So, kicking around possible dates for a trip early next year. Heh Heh, DH lost a BIG bet.

2/4/13 - 2/8/13
    2/25/13 - 3/1/13
    3/4/13 - 3/8/13

each of these dates are Mon-Fri, with park days of Mon-Thu.

I'm strictly concerned with potential crowd levels. I grew up 30 miles from DLR so I know about SoCal weather in Feb. I've checked for holidays (ie Pres Day) but I don't know anything about conventions, special days, out of state/country holidays etc.

To all the MiceChat experts; do any of these dates scream "You do NOT want to be there then because of ______!!"? And not just cuz You will be there then & want to keep the crowds down.

Are there any other specific dates in March that I should avoid If my Feb dates don't work out?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Under that tree again!

Re: Help on dates 2/2013 and 3/2013

The drawback with all of these dates will be no fireworks or Fantasmic!. Otherwise they are all low crowd times. Conventions, rarely ever make a difference on park crowds, but do effect hotel room prices.

• Chief Troublemaker

Thanks Swampy! We're not big 'show' people, so don't mind missing parades, F!, etc. We tend to be more ride people. I know that BTM will be down & that there may be other refurbs going on, but that's OK since I was just there in Sept.

For me, so much of it is just 'being there', you know? This time I'm going w/a gal-pal who totally loves Disney. Our hubbies aren't really Disneyphiles so they're more than happy to send us off together.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Under that tree again!

You might want to go later for more rides.

Now scheduled is Silly Symphany Swings reopening on the 18th of February and Grizzly River Run reopening on the 1st of March. Not yet scheduled but likely is Small World will be closed on the earliest set of days.

• a damsel not in distress

in terms of march dates, the last two weeks of march are usually spring break for schools, particularly that last week of march. all the UCs in southern california have that week off. i know neither of these weeks are the dates you mentioned, but if you want to push back your trip, it's something to keep in mind in terms of crowds.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Chief Troublemaker

Thanks B & Swampy. We're going to be trying to keep it within the 'value season' & I think that usually ends in mid-march, so hopefully that would avoid Spring Breaks. I know we run the risk of ride closures, but gotta stay in that budget.

Just wish I'd raised the stakes on my bet w/DH. Then I wouldn't have to worry about budgets. hahaha.