Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Princess Leia.. Princess Fantasy Fair?

So we all know the big Disney buys Lucas films deal!
    Exciting, i know. I am a huge star wars fan, and obviously a huge Disney fan.
    So I think this is awsome,
    Well i was thinking, how would all of you feel if Princess Leia was put in the Princess Fantasy Fair/Royal Walk?
    I would totallly love to see this! I know i know she isnt a real Disney Princess. But if you think about it she kind of is.
    Id love to go and see an awsome Leia face charater!
    What are your thoughts?

Ps. May The Force Be With You,
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Banned User

Re: Princess Leia.. Princess Fantasy Fair?

She is now a Disney Princess. Makes sense

• -

She is a Disney princess, however she would be as out of place in a medieval village as the village itself is on a small town middle American street circa 1890-1910.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

I don't think she would fit in with the theme
    maybe a Star Wars meet and greet in TL

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    She is a Disney princess, however she would be as out of place in a medieval village as the village itself is on a small town middle American street circa 1890-1910.
    I personally don't consider the Hub being part of Main Street USA, especially since it's positioned right next to the castle. I think Main Street ends right after the Jolly Holiday.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Hello Dolly.

I'd love to see her there.

She fits in just as much as a princess from Agrabah, New Orleans or under the sea! Unless they plan on just doing the European princesses for PFF, but I doubt it. The area is obviously for kids & kids will enjoy seeing so many of their favorite Disney princesses together they are not going to care that Princess Leia decided to visit a small European village of princesses.

I can see why people wouldn't want it though.

She is a Disney princess, however she would be as out of place in a medieval village as the village itself is at the end of a small town middle American street circa 1890-1910.
    Fixed that for you

There's many different worlds at the end of this small American street. hmmm? Doesn't make sense but it seems to work.
    I recall many villages being right in-front of castles anyways.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 11-07-2012 at 07:46 PM.

I am a massive SW fan, and I really, really don't want Leia grouped with the traditional Disney princesses. She's a different breed for me, and maybe because I never warmed to Cinderella, Snow White, and the like, I want her to stay away, but we'll see...

If they have to put her in the park, put her in the Tomorrowland/Star Tours area.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Stitch View Post
    I am a massive SW fan, and I really, really don't want Leia grouped with the traditional Disney princesses. She's a different breed for me, and maybe because I never warmed to Cinderella, Snow White, and the like, I want her to stay away, but we'll see...

If they have to put her in the park, put her in the Tomorrowland/Star Tours area.
    I agree with this. If she's there, she should be in Tomorrowland.

• film975

Yep. I'd rather see Leia in Tomorrowland. She's not a Disney fairy tale princess in the same way the others are.

• Banned User

Despite wherever it WAS, it's Fantasyland NOW since clearly this village can't be a part of Main St. Obviously, that's not up for debate. This is a Fanstasyland expansion. Just like it is on the other side where the Pixie area is.

As for the subject at hand, absolutely not. She's not even a real princess in the films, let alone would she fit in with the rest. Besides the deal isn't exactly retroactive. Disney had nothing to do with the current SW films, only the ones that are going to happen. Those

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I say no she doesn't belong with the others. She needs to be in Tomorrowland with Vader and the Stormtroopers.

• formerly very helpful

Big Star Wars fan here. No, she doesn't belong there. She doesn't fit in and the other princesses wouldn't be nice to her. Seriously all the others are part of fairy tales. Leia is from a different genre. I don't see a fit. But let's include her in Tomorrowland, by all means.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Big Star Wars fan here. No, she doesn't belong there. She doesn't fit in and the other princesses wouldn't be nice to her. Seriously all the others are part of fairy tales. Leia is from a different genre. I don't see a fit. But let's include her in Tomorrowland, by all means.
    Is there a "cat fight" brewing?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    She's not even a real princess in the films, let alone would she fit in with the rest
    She absolutely is. She was adopted by Bail Organa and Queen Breha, thus making her the Princess of Alderaan. Even though she is really Anakin and Padme's kid by blood, it doesn't deter from the fact that she is still a Princess in her adopted family.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLizz View Post
    Well i was thinking, how would all of you feel if Princess Leia was put in the Princess Fantasy Fair/Royal Walk?
    She'd stick out to some degree, but then again so do some of the others. Personally, I think that Star Wars is enough of a "universe" unto itself to be kept separate, regardless of the potential "princess" tie-in, and this notion makes her seem all the more out of place, if anything. I suppose the fact that Star Wars is set in a different and distant galaxy also makes it easier to separate from the other Disney properties, although obviously this alone precludes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLizz View Post
    I would totallly love to see this! I know i know she isnt a real Disney Princess. But if you think about it she kind of is.
    Id love to go and see an awsome Leia face charater!
    What are your thoughts?
    I like the idea of Leia being a Star Wars walkaround character.

She is a Disney princess, however she would be as out of place in a medieval village
    True, but so would Mulan and Pocahontas, whom I believe, if I recall correctly, have sometimes been a part of the PFF (I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff, though). I don't know whether they will be, moving forward, but if that turns out to be the case, then I guess the setting of a character's movie will be no impediment as far as Disney is concerned.

as the village itself is on a small town middle American street circa 1890-1910.
    The Hub area has always been a transition zone between various lands (originally all of them). Main Street, U.S.A. is the theme of the street itself, as well as the small park in the center of the loop, but the outside edge of the street in the Hub area is fair game regarding theme. That's where the entrances to several lands are, and elements of these lands have "encroached" (for those who view it that way) into the Hub area since Walt's time (even attractions such as Enchanted Tiki Room and Monsanto House of the Future), beside their respective entrances.

Actually, looking at Carnation Plaza Gardens from this perspective, it has long been sort of an exception rather than the rule, sitting between the entrances of Frontierland and Fantasyland, past the center of the Hub, separated from the rest of Main Street, U.S.A. I was always OK with this, and still prefer that it remain the same, but thematically the new Fantasy Faire works fine. In all honesty, perhaps I would feel differently if the precedent of attractions from the various lands being located inside the general Hub area hadn't been set so early and in Walt's time, but it was, so conceptually this is nothing new or inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    I personally don't consider the Hub being part of Main Street USA, especially since it's positioned right next to the castle. I think Main Street ends right after the Jolly Holiday.
    I'm generally in agreement here. I include all of Main Street (the street itself), the very center of the Hub that is enclosed by the street, and everything on the outside of the street up to and including Plaza Inn and Jolly Holiday Bakery. Everything outside of the street beyond that point belongs to the adjacent land or anything with a Main Street theme that seems to fit; Plaza Gardens was always nonintrusive in this regard, and could be considered an "island" of Main Street which is now being replaced by an equally thematically-appropriate Fantasyland expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Yep. I'd rather see Leia in Tomorrowland. She's not a Disney fairy tale princess in the same way the others are.
    I've always considered Star Wars as sort of a "fairy tale"--that's what we were originally set up to think with the famous introduction ("A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."), which is analogous to "Once upon a time." Subsequently, Lucas tried to temper the mystical qualities of the original movie, making the story seem more like science fiction, although overall it's still a fantasy as opposed to science fiction. For me it's more difficult to view Leia as a Disney princess because she is not a Disney creation, rather than because of the setting of her story or anything like that.

Despite wherever it WAS, it's Fantasyland NOW since clearly this village can't be a part of Main St. Obviously, that's not up for debate. This is a Fanstasyland expansion. Just like it is on the other side where the Pixie area is.
    I agree that it is a Fantasyland expansion, but I have to point out that arguably the area sort of belonged to Fantasyland/Frontierland to begin with, at least for those who view Main Street (the street itself) as leading to other lands without necessarily carrying over large chunks of Main Street, U.S.A. (the land) with it.

As for the subject at hand, absolutely not. She's not even a real princess in the films, let alone would she fit in with the rest.
    Well, Mulan, for example, isn't really a princess, either. At least Leia is widely known by the public as a princess, and she is also literally referred to as a princess on a number of occasions in the movies.

Besides the deal isn't exactly retroactive. Disney had nothing to do with the current SW films, only the ones that are going to happen.
    In terms of creative work, of course it isn't retroactive--by definition it cannot be. But if by "deal" you mean ownership, my understanding is that Disney owns Lucasfilm, lock, stock, and barrel. Lucasfilm does not own all of the rights to everything George Lucas had ever created, such as the distribution rights to the first movie (which belong to 20th Century Fox in perpetuity), but I believe that it does own the rights to Leia (including Carrie Fisher's likeness, which she signed away at the time), and if that is true, then it would mean that Disney does own the character now. If any of this is factually incorrect, then of course let everybody know, but I've been under the impression that Leia is now a Disney character in terms of ownership and rights, anyway.
    Last edited by Robert Cook; 11-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast