Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: GAC abuse update?

I'm bummer however i feel it's more fair a friend told me yestorday when she went to get her gac renewed they said they are doing away with the current program in January and going to a time system like knotts does and how they do it for rsr. I am going to renew mine this weekend I will let u know if I am told the same thing. I really hope not.

• Sock Puppet

time slot? I renewed my GAC this past week, they said nothing of the sort of a time slot or anything.. they did however put it for 2 months cause i am AP holder, and for AP holders they make the GAC's good for at least 2 months so that we don't have to keep coming back every week to get it updated.

RSR is that they give us GAC holder's a fast pass and we come back at that time.. i don't think that RSR GAC fast pass use has anything to do with GAC abuse..

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oohykitten View Post
    The people that abuse the GAC that get me are the ones that have no tolerance for the kids that actually need a GAC. Last month my friend took her daughter who is very "handsie, non verbal" its how she communicates. The person in front of her was standing with his weight all on his one "braced bad leg" complaining about her child and not being able to calm down as they waited for Dumbo.

can't judge a book by it's cover..you just don't know if that person had a underlying disability or condition that you can't see. I have aspergers, i get stress anxiety, waiting for long long periods is very hard for me, i flip out.not joking,but if you see me on the outside i look normal.. it's the inside that you don't see and that is where my condition rests.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-13-2012 at 12:33 PM.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they cannot ask for a doctors note it's against the law and they can't question either..
    My exact words to guest services when he asked my wife when asked why she needed a pass. I just replied that you are not legally entitled to that information and it is against the law for you to ask. I had the pass in my hand after that in about 15 seconds.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    My exact words to guest services when he asked my wife when asked why she needed a pass. I just replied that you are not legally entitled to that information and it is against the law for you to ask. I had the pass in my hand after that in about 15 seconds.
    So you were offended that they asked what her diability was? Or how it was asked?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

[QUOTE=Poisonedapples;1056866558]time slot? I renewed my GAC this past week, they said nothing of the sort of a time slot or anything.. they did however put it for 2 months cause i am AP holder, and for AP holders they make the GAC's good for at least 2 months so that we don't have to keep coming back every week to get it updated.

RSR is that they give us GAC holder's a fast pass and we come back at that time.. i don't think that RSR GAC fast pass use has anything to do with GAC abuse..

from what my friend was told which has a pass just like I that there are no time slots now however there will be time slots and something about wrist bands starting in Januarry. My two months are up this weekend so I will see if I get the same information or not.

• Sock Puppet

time slots or not, they never mentioned anything about Fast pass time slots when i renewed my GAC at the customer service place in DCA. That was last Wednesday.

still don't get what that has to do with GAC abuse.. i mean i know the ride is popular and they are trying to space out the people so the ride line goes faster..

can't judge a book by it's cover..you just don't know if that person had a underlying disability or condition that you can't see.
    and that right there is the truth!!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Actually from what I read, this is where abuse causes the most havoc For every person that gets a handicapped racers pass, that is one FP they had to remove from the machines. They predict how many GAC holders will ride and subtract that many Fast Passes. That is why RSR passes run out in an hour.

The Racers GAC fast pass throws off the carefully calculated fast pass system.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    and that right there is the truth!!
    tru dat homey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Actually from what I read, this is where abuse causes the most havoc For every person that gets a handicapped racers pass, that is one FP they had to remove from the machines. They predict how many GAC holders will ride and subtract that many Fast Passes. That is why RSR passes run out in an hour.

..well i am sorry us GAC users are throwing of the FP system, but people like me who have a underlying condition that YOU can't see are not abusing the GAC FP or GAC system. Maybe then GAC users shouldn't ride RSR because of it's carefully calculated system... just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post

I mean no disrepect by this and i am in no way calling you a lier but i do not think this is accurate. Just my opinion.
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

tru dat homey!!

..well i am sorry us GAC users are throwing of the FP system, but people like me who have a underlying condition that YOU can't see are not abusing the GAC FP or GAC system. Maybe then GAC users shouldn't ride RSR because of it's carefully calculated system... just sayin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    I mean no disrepect by this and i am in no way calling you a lier but i do not think this is accurate. Just my opinion.
    Not trying to be rude or anything I'm just repeating what I read in an article here. No need to get angry or defensive. In fact my girlfriend is handicapped and we use the GAC when she can't walk. I'm just saying that the racers system is what caused disney to consider overhauling the system in the first place because this is where the program causes the most noticeable effects.

Here is the article

The Party's Over - MiceAge.com

Once again, Im not complaining or criticizing or anything! Just saying that whether due to abuse or not, the RSR system is not perfect. So much so that TDA is trying to do something about it.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Sock Puppet

i read that article and to me it just sounds like the FP system for RSR is just going to get re-worked..

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Now i want to read the article but its blocked at my work computer...darn.

i read that article and to me it just sounds like the FP system for RSR is just going to get re-worked..
    I know, and that is why I replied to you and said that there is a problem with RSR system. The fact that they are changing anything says there is a problem. The article says it is due at least in part to abuse...which it very well could be. Abuse of the system is prevalent. How much so, we will never know. But you said racers has nothing to do with abuse when in fact, at least in disney's eyes, it is at the very center of the issue.

Like I said no hate from me. I could care less about calculations and having to go early for my FP. Just saying that disney is looking at racers and GAC very seriously right now.

• Sock Puppet

but its not just RSR that people complain about.. it's other rides.. it's park wide.. that's what i meant that RSR has nothing to with the so called abuse of GAC's..

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

but its not all abuse.. some peope think it is.. but not me, i know for a fact that just cause you don't see a outside condition doesn't mean in the inside there is something wrong.. and people tend to blame the APH's or the GAC holders on line conjestion by saying we abuse the system.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast