Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: GAC abuse update?

I noticed only a few using wheelchairs in what appeared to be abuse of the system last week. They were all in groups of about 10 with a parent pushing a child. I only noticed the problem on the weekend, making me assume it's locals and/or APH's doing this. I don't think parents should use their children like this.

In one case there were two teenagers. One had a knee brace, the other had something wrapped on her ankle. It's ridiculous because only one of them needed to do that, the other could have gone as the family/friends, especially since there were only two of them! It just made it more obvious to me that they were cheating the system. It made them look stupid. Especially on California Screamin'. You can get a FP over and over and just go in the FP line more quickly than waiting in the Handicapped area!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    but its not just RSR that people complain about.. it's other rides.. it's park wide.. that's what i meant that RSR has nothing to with the so called abuse of GAC's..

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

but its not all abuse.. some peope think it is.. but not me, i know for a fact that just cause you don't see a outside condition doesn't mean in the inside there is something wrong.. and people tend to blame the APH's or the GAC holders on line conjestion by saying we abuse the system.
    You're right, its not all abuse and people like to spread the blame out. But situations like racers are rare and the rest of the system runs fine with or without abusers. And I think most people don't mean to blame all GAC holders, just GAC holders who shouldn't have one. The trouble is we will never know who does or doesn't, so for some it can get frustrating and easy to blame the whole system or appear as to blame all users. But you are certainly right that the majority of people who follow the rules benefit greatly from the system. Sad that a few bad eggs ruin the image of the program for people.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Sock Puppet

well i haev learned that you shouldn't judge somoene from the outside.. so therefore i won't say whether or not someone should have a GAC and or whether or not they are abusing because i don't know what their situation maybe. but to blame all GAC holders is wrong. it's like blaming all AP holders crowded sundays or line conjestion( yes i know i already said that)

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    In one case there were two teenagers. One had a knee brace, the other had something wrapped on her ankle. It's ridiculous because only one of them needed to do that, the other could have gone as the family/friends, especially since there were only two of them! It just made it more obvious to me that they were cheating the system. It made them look stupid. Especially on California Screamin'. You can get a FP over and over and just go in the FP line more quickly than waiting in the Handicapped area!
    You'd have hated to see my old gymnastics team out and about...usually every single one of us had something injured and were always sporting ace bandages or braces. Seriously, if I saw two girls with bandages I'd immediately presume they were teammates on some sport and they were both injured. If they were waiting for the disabled line on Screamin'...perhaps they needed the elevator?

If it was groups of 10 with a child in a wheelchair I'd immediately think Make a Wish or something along those lines, since the whole entourage comes along.

Bottom line, again, is that unless you see someone jumping up and saying "look at me, I'm cheating the system, whoo!" you can't assume their unseen injury, wrap, wheelchair, etc. is fake.

Isn't the solution to the GAC problem a simple fix?

Remove all GAC passes. Offer up a ride schedule system with RFID tracking like they currently plan to do?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345