Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Question A few questions about Carthay Circle Dining

I am having dinner at Carthay Circle for the first time tomorrow (Friday) night. It’s going to be just me and my kid. I have a few questions:

1) I know on the website it says the cost per person is $36+. Is it a base price like at Ariel’s Grotto where you pay $XYZ amount no matter which entrée you choose? If so, since the website says the price is "more than $36 per person" what is the max price?

Also, is the kid’s pricing the same as adults. I know Ariel’s Grotto is cheaper for kids but is also a base/set price? I didn't see on the website any clarification that the kid's price was different than the $36+.

I'm just trying to budget the dinner a bit and include my 15% Premium Pass discount.

2)Are there any sample menus available? I know the website shows a sample menu from the Carthay lounge but that is all drinks.

What I found from the website:

Menu
    The dinner menu includes halibut ceviche, strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad, grilled Jamaican jerked king fish and Colorado rack of lamb.
    Kids can enjoy chicken schnitzel, mini tacos, green apple caramel parfait and sloppy joes with a twist.
    The dessert highlights are toasted lemon pound cake, fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae and the decadent white-chocolate mousse named Peaches in All of Their Glory.

Are these the only choices? If so, I’m stuck with the salad because I don’t eat seafood or lamb. Even though the salad does sound good.

I haven’t done in park dining in a while so I’m out of the loop and I’ve never been to Carthay Circle before. I’m very excited to go

Thanks in advance for help!
    Last edited by clara; 11-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

• Minion

Re: A few questions about Carthay Circle Dining

Here's a thread that mentions all of the Buena Vista Street dining options. First on the list is the Carthay Circle so scroll down just a bit. http://micechat.com/forums/cars-land...otos-more.html

Carthay Circle is a restaurant where you order what you want and pay accordingly. You do not pay a base price--you get what you pay for.

I don't think there is a kid's pricing, nor a kid's menu, but I could be wrong. Depending on your and your kid's appetite, sharing one three-course meal (dessert menus available upon request, I believe) could be adequate. Carthay Circle DOES give 20% off for Premium passes, so you'll be fine there. Just be sure to ask them to revise the check by first presenting your AP before your credit card/cash.

Have fun! The ambiance is wonderful and if you're big fans of Snow White, be sure to look up into the rotunda in the center of the restaurant.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I am having dinner at Carthay Circle for the first time tomorrow (Friday) night. It’s going to be just me and my kid. I have a few questions:

1) I know on the website it says the cost per person is $36+. Is it a base price like at Ariel’s Grotto where you pay $XYZ amount no matter which entrée you choose? If so, since the website says the price is "more than $36 per person" what is the max price?

Also, is the kid’s pricing the same as adults. I know Ariel’s Grotto is cheaper for kids but is also a base/set price? I didn't see on the website any clarification that the kid's price was different than the $36+.

I'm just trying to budget the dinner a bit and include my 20% Premium Pass discount.

2)Are there any sample menus available? I know the website shows a sample menu from the Carthay lounge but that is all drinks.

What I found from the website:

Menu
    The dinner menu includes halibut ceviche, strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad, grilled Jamaican jerked king fish and Colorado rack of lamb.
    Kids can enjoy chicken schnitzel, mini tacos, green apple caramel parfait and sloppy joes with a twist.
    The dessert highlights are toasted lemon pound cake, fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae and the decadent white-chocolate mousse named Peaches in All of Their Glory.

Are these the only choices? If so, I’m stuck with the salad because I don’t eat seafood or lamb. Even though the salad does sound good.

I haven’t done in park dining in a while so I’m out of the loop and I’ve never been to Carthay Circle before. I’m very excited to go

Thanks in advance for help!

are you looking for the world of color dining package?? or just in general!?

carthay circle dinner menu for adults

Carthay Circle Restaurant Dinner Menu - Disney California Adventure

kids dinner menu

Carthay Circle Restaurant Children's Dinner Menu - Disney California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    are you looking for the world of color dining package?? or just in general!?

carthay circle dinner menu for adults

Carthay Circle Restaurant Dinner Menu - Disney California Adventure

kids dinner menu

Carthay Circle Restaurant Children's Dinner Menu - Disney California Adventure

No World of Color.. Just going to eat dinner there

Thanks for the menu links!

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    The ambiance is wonderful and if you're big fans of Snow White, be sure to look up into the rotunda in the center of the restaurant.
    Oh I AM and I definately will! Thanks!

• Sock Puppet

i got those links from ALLEARS.NET it's as accurate as you can get on menus, and they are updated.. and that is the menu for CCT, i think that pasta with the lamb sound awesome,but it might b cause i am hungry lol

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 12:05 PM ----------

U know Clara.. since there is onlysomethings you don't eat..it's just a suggestion, but maybe try adifferent sit down place to eat but have dessert at the CCT, unlessu've already made your ressies. I have seen and heard ( and smelled)the desserts at the CCT..to me just having dessert there is special!This migh also make ur budget more simple, Wine country Tratt is afine place to eat also

U know Clara.. since there is onlysomethings you don't eat..it's just a suggestion, but maybe try adifferent sit down place to eat but have dessert at the CCT, unlessu've already made your ressies. I have seen and heard ( and smelled)the desserts at the CCT..to me just having dessert there is special!This migh also make ur budget more simple, Wine country Tratt is afine place to eat also
    I did already make reservations. I'm looking at the menu now and again thank you for posting the links. It will help alot as some of this food on here sounds FANTASTIC!
    As for my budget, it's just me and my kid and I'm sure there are some items we can share. I would like to keep it under $100 so I hope my 15% PAP discount helps out in that aspect.
    Last edited by clara; 11-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I did already make reservations. I'm looking at the menu now and again thank you for posting the links. It will help alot as some of this food on here sounds FANTASTIC!
    As for my budget, it's just me and my kid and I'm sure there are some items we can share. I would like to keep it under $100 so I hope my 20% PAP discount helps out in that aspect.

OH yeah it will, you get a discount at CCT. oh yeah you can keep it under $100 just gotta be smart about it! share a meal or something. i am sorry but i must be hungry cuase everything sound good.LOL

I had the pulled pork rolls the other day as a snack, it was good. spicey bbq sauce, but good i liked it, it was different.. the duck confit sliders thought are out of this world!! its a appetizer.

I LOL'd at the Angus burger being $22. I'm tempted to get that JUST to see what a $22 burger tastes like!
    I think I'm doing House Biscuits. Everything is better after bread...I love bread.
    And my kid is gonna flip over the Green Apple Caramel Parfait Push Pop...a PUSH POP! I'm curious to see what that is all about!

• Still Dizzy

Get the Firecracker duck wings appetizer. Oh my goodness, they are the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I can still close my eyes and taste them. They aren't really HOT, they are just super flavorful and tender and oh man I need to go get some more.

Also the dining discount is 15%, NOT 20. 20% is only for merchandise locations, not food.

I recommend the pumpkin soup. It was fabulous. Enjoy your dinner!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Get the Firecracker duck wings appetizer. Oh my goodness, they are the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I can still close my eyes and taste them. They aren't really HOT, they are just super flavorful and tender and oh man I need to go get some more.

Also the dining discount is 15%, NOT 20. 20% is only for merchandise locations, not food.
    Yeah I know about the 15% I miss-typed and already changed my original post.
    I don't know about duck though. Is it real duck?

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I will remember that. My mom makes a killer pumpkin squash soup at thanksgiving time and it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Me too! Yum!
    For the love of Disney....

• Sock Puppet

yes Clara it's real Duck.. Dear duck is good, REALLY GOOD! kinda more fatty and greasy then Chicken, but still really really good!!

yes Clara it's real Duck.. Dear duck is good, REALLY GOOD! kinda more fatty and greasy then Chicken, but still really really good!!
    I think I remember having Duck at a chinese place when I was younger but I don't remember what it tasted like.

But I think I might do the bread..I LOVE bread and would marry it if I could.
    Well not really....

• Sock Puppet

Duck is good Clara. you will be fine eating it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast