Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sock Puppet

Re: New ticket scam?

it is a good thing that Disney is cracking down on the ticket scams and ticket renters..it reminds me of a joke my dad always told me.. but i will just tell you the punch line " law office of dowe,cheatum,anhow"

lawyer jokes.

[QUOTE= And being back free birthday tickets. [/QUOTE]

This isn't a good idea. Study show that when something is "free" people don't treat it with as much respect. I actually had a conversation about this topic with a Disney employee and was told that more expensive tickets are, the more respect people have for the resort re: vandalism. That is the theory. I still think tickets are expensive b/c they like to make money.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Being that it was after closing, if they were handed single day or fully used hoppers the tickets would be nothing but souvenires.

If the parks were still open they could get tickets and try to use them for entry or to get extra FPs.

I just want to add that I have had older kids / younger teens asking me if I would give them my left over tickets and also offering money for my tickets if days were left. Why would a 14 year old be offering me $20 for unused days on my park hopper? It felt very third worldly where adults send kids to beg, reminding me of kids selling candy in Mexico.

Are you familiar with the Gypsies of Paris? (Or any other large Euro city?) While not 3rd world, totally 1st world, it does seem very foriegn to me too. And since it reeks of this, I would guess that it is to sell off any unused days. By shear volume, I bet they could get a few days to re-sell to grab a bite for their whole family if they ask enough ppl for "ticket stubs". (Actually, the phrase was "can I have your old tickets?")

Their dad is over there selling home-printed Disney tshirts and brick-a-brack and the kids are begging for used tickets hoping that a family hasn't used the last day. Is it a scam like the OP asks? No. It is a family trying to eat and pay bills in a different way than you or me.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone this activity. I am just explaining it. Also, please do NOT let your gaurd down either. As Stormy posted, there are ppl out there that will ask you seemingly random questions to get close to you to pick a pocket or two!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Are you familiar with the Gypsies of Paris? (Or any other large Euro city?)
    Yes

As Stormy posted, there are ppl out there that will ask you seemingly random questions to get close to you to pick a pocket or two!
    Yes I have seen this in Europe, it gets worst the further east you go.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    This isn't a good idea. Study show that when something is "free" people don't treat it with as much respect. I actually had a conversation about this topic with a Disney employee and was told that more expensive tickets are, the more respect people have for the resort re: vandalism. That is the theory. I still think tickets are expensive b/c they like to make money.
    Hmmm ok I see. By to the general population eg. Me! It's a nice break. This kinda reminds me of this yrs promo. One more Disney day. I think ALL promos bring in crowds. I heard ppl were drunk. And it was overcrowded. Ppl brought in weird stuff. I saw a pic of someone w a freeaking toaster. A toaster really?? And weed.
    So basically it's promos that over crowd the parks. I mean come on!!! There was NOTHING special bout one more disney day.

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 08:21 PM ----------

My friends said they went and the parking took 2 hours. And after that the parks weren't even open. Disneyland was full.
    So idk why the parks are so crowded.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes

Yes I have seen this in Europe, it gets worst the further east you go.
    Yup!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Partly right -- the tickets are overpriced. But no matter how much cheaper they, scammers will still be scammin'.

And NO to free birthday tickets. They just turn the park into an even more tightly packed sardine can than it already is.
    I agree the ticket prices should probably be raised (sadly) to lower the traffic.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Why would the ticket booths be open 15 mins after the park has closed? Disney tries to clear their areas after closing so I wouldn't find that possible.
    And you cant really upgrade your ticket if it already expired. and they check the hand stamps. etc.
    so who knows?
    I've known the ticket booths to stay open long past closing- believe it or not there are some Guests who do choose to purchase tickets for the next day (if they literally just arrived in Anaheim and want to purchase their tickets before heading to their hotel), or those who are purchasing/renewing APs.

Makes sense if you think about it- you want to be able to go straight to the gates rather than wait in line to purchase tickets first thing in the morning. While it would make more sense to just purchase in advance, sometimes people forget and/or they don't have access to a printer.

A couple of my CM friends work in the ticket booths. They've had nights where they've stayed open until 1 or 2AM!
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Nerd

Why would the ticket booths be open 15 mins after the park has closed? Disney tries to clear their areas after closing so I wouldn't find that possible.
    And you cant really upgrade your ticket if it already expired. and they check the hand stamps. etc.
    so who knows?
    The booths stay open later so the last few people who are still in the park have one last chance to upgrade passes as they leave - thus those kids are looking to save the first $100 buck on a pass. I'm sure security will sweep them outa there if they see them.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

There was NOTHING special bout one more disney day.

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 08:21 PM ----------

My friends said they went and the parking took 2 hours. And after that the parks weren't even open. Disneyland was full.
    I beg to differ with your statement that there was NOTHING special about One More Disney Day...It was the best 24 Hours I've ever had.
    But then again, I spent 24 hours straight in my favorite place in the world...

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Jedi Knight

I had this happened to me about a month or two ago. A group of young girls came up to me asking for our tickets for something in school, "whoever gets the most wins a trip to Disney". I mean come on, at least make up a better lie....that just sounds stupid. Anyway, I told them "I'm sureeeeeee you are, and plus I have a pass." they just went ohhh ok... and slowly walked off. It really annoyed me, and I didnt see security around for me to grab, because as soon as my boyfriend said to grab security all of them vanished off. We couldn't see them anywhere.

• Sock Puppet

i googled this ticket stub for school thing. nothing came up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123