Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SORCERER

Mad T Party Gets Merrier at Disney California Adventure Park

From DisneyParks Blog:

With the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort fast approaching, there’s a nip in the air at Disney California Adventure park as the Mad T Party prepares to add a pinch of splendiferous spirit to each evening’s celebratiousness. Those who venture down the Rabbit Hole will discover new delights – from fanciful garlands to elegant icicles to special edition silver tokens at the Mad Arcade – along with all-new songs and a bit of snowfall, just in time for T.

The fantabulous festivities are highlighted by new arrangements of popular holiday hits from the Mad T Party band, while over at the House of Cards, the Hottest Deck in Town delivers some brand new dance sets. There’s even more merry muchness, too, as the White Rabbit DJ checks his song list not once but twice to re-mix seasonal favorites.
    So practice your Futterwacken and don your hippest of holiday hats when you come for T this holiday season. You’ll simply go mad for it!Be sure to check the Entertainment Schedule at Disneyland.com for dates and times.

Source:
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/mad-t-party-gets-merrier-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Re: Mad T Party Gets Merrier at Disney California Adventure Park

Awesome!
    For the love of Disney....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Not the biggest fan but I do like them changing it up....so good work Disney

• Sock Puppet

YES i know! i have DJ Jason Jass and Adam Auburn on my FB list.. I am excited!!

fyi.. if anyone wants to be on his list of people ( jason's list..) and like his music mixes you can like him https://www.facebook.com/JasonJass2?fref=ts

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 03:49 PM ----------

i wonder if the costumes will be themed for christmas .. like as in colors of christmas i.e. red and green etc..

• Nor Cal AP'er

https://www.facebook.com/missyb1200

Also Missy B's FB page as well,she is the other Dj of the line up! Her Podcasts are awesome (love progressive EDM!)
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i wonder if the costumes will be themed for christmas .. like as in colors of christmas i.e. red and green etc..
    I too have been wondering the same thing and it's been driving me mad because it's not been mentioned anywhere! I joked to a friend of mine once that it'd be hilarious if their costume change consisted of only a santa hat, with the Mad Hatter wearing a santa hat on TOP of his hat haha

Either way, I'm very excited! And the lanterns have already been changed since last week I believe (not my photo):

Name:  tumblr_md7g4jiKwR1rankqno1_1280 - Copy.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  106.0 KB

Here are the regular ones for comparison (also not mine):

Name:  mad_t_official.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  108.0 KB

• Sock Puppet

yes they did change.. i got some photos of "winter" decor for Mad T...

The Lanterns did change.....

and the pole's have "ribbon" around them, the print is winter with snowflakes..as normally you can see they don't .. mad t is dressed for christmas holiday!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Bring back elecTRONica...

*runs and hides*

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Bring back elecTRONica...

*runs and hides*

here here

• Minion

I'm kind of skeptical about this. I'm not sure how I feel about pop-rock versions of holiday songs or how it'll all mesh together. I was also a little off-put by the mention of having snow fall at the T Party. It kind of takes away a little magic that was exclusive to holiday fireworks.

But I'm totally willing to be proven wrong.

• Sock Puppet

^^ ???? snow only for fireworks?? i dont' remember that.. last year it went with the lighting of the castle as selective times through out Disneyland.. and now that DCA is remodeled they are doing that same thing over at DCA..i don't think the holiday songs will be that bad.

Remember in the beginning when they said thy were going to do a live band for mad t and had a set list and we all were like " oh no bad bad.. ewwww. oh gawd noo!!.." and look! the songs are not that bad really, so i think that holiday songs will be okay as well.

---------- Post added 11-09-2012 at 04:37 PM ----------

BESIDES !! the Mad t party Dj's Jason Jass and Adam Auburn will rock the holiday music like no other!! They are good ( and so hot.. )

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I'm kind of skeptical about this. I'm not sure how I feel about pop-rock versions of holiday songs or how it'll all mesh together.
    Maybe it's because I'm a lover of rock but I can see it working if they pick the right songs and arrange them accordingly. A few years ago a lot of my favorite bands did covers (and originals) of holiday songs and I think they personally sounded fantastic and still felt holiday~ish to me. I know it's not for everyone but I'm sure they'll do alright

• Minion

Yeah, I love the sound of Mad T Party, I just don't know how I'm going to like their holiday stuff. When it comes to that kind of music, I find I err on the side of the traditional sound but I can give way to the pop feel. It's really hit and miss for me. :P

• Sock Puppet

It's been cold out and I feel bad forthe DJ's.. I really do! They don't have a heat or a jacket. But thatDj jason jass.. i'd bring him a blanket, a space heater.. heckanything his little heart desires cause she is so dang hot!

So they've switched around the way the sets are to accommodate the holiday songs/snow and so they play holiday music at the end of each set. Personally I think all the songs they chose sound fantastic! I am so in love with Mad T Party during Christmastime! I'm definitely bummed that there were no new costumes but it's ok. It works together rather splendidly regardless and even now more so than ever recommend people give it a chance because this new holiday thing is pretty sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast