Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: That empty area in the Space Mountain Que

i had this wild idea when i was standing in the queue for nemo last week.

what if they took the jedi training academy from tomorrowland terrace, and moved it into where captain eo is now.

they could use the screen and project the city of corosaunt and then have a ship come towards it for when vader appears.

when he loses to the trainees he could get angry and the entire floor would shake, thanks to the existing infustrtuctre thats there.

they could then update the front of it to look like the jedi chambers from the films, and have people go in there.

the facade at the front would go up higher, and then also allow for some more shade to be added to the queue for space mountain on the top, without it looking tacky there.

it would allow tt to have more people be able to just sit and eat, it would use the space that eo is in now, with something worthy, and it would also allow people to have more of a chance to do the jedi academy with their kids.

The other thing i would do is put a star wars meet and greet up the top of the escalators, just because it would be awesome.

• Insomniac

^I like it!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Can't be a Helipad - No "H" in the middle, no "P" for Private or the newer "PPR" Prior Permission Required (don't just drop in any time you like, nevermind the permanent no-fly), no weight limit - that "10" is the 10,000# load limit on the roof (no Hueys), no windsock, and way too many obstructions. 8' Light posts all around the Queue, the building roofs on three sides...

Can. NOT. Be. A. Helipad. It's just some interesting art meant to make you think Rocket Landing Pad.

If you want to get bored out of your skull digging through Bureaucratese, *this* is what's required. http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/m...50_5390_2c.pdf

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• FastPass n00b

The FastPass system and entrance speed ramp have never co-existed. By 1998 the speed ramp in front was gone and FastPass didn't appear until 1999. It's kind of a dumb system anyway, the ride was SO much better when you sat inside the building, with nothing but the eerie silence and rumble (both audible and physical) every 30 seconds as a car went by. Combine that with the view inside and the "radio chatter" and this was one spooky ride... before you even loaded! Now you just run through without a thought, load up and experience a liquid smooth ride. It's not the same, there was literally a fear of life and death put into you with the pre-2005 ride.

• Disneyland fan!

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Are we talking about the "landing space" on your left hand side as you walk across the roof? If so, I always thought that they should have put some sort space ship there, maybe the X-Wing that is (or was) hanging in the StarTrader. Granted, the X-Wing would need to have some landing gear added. Maybe they could put an Imperial Shuttle there, sort of fits the Starwars theme that is already in the area. The area could be empty because of weight issues, but it would be kind of neat to have a little show piece of some kind right there.
    I thought that in the past too, that a space ship would look cool there. Now with Lucas and Disney together, a ship from Star Wars would be perfect. If weight is an issue, the ship can be made ultra light, just anchor it down so it doesn't blow away during any strong winds!

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

I'm old enough to remember when that "open space" was REALLY open; when it was an open area, overlooking the outdoor "Space Stage" theater below. Then the Magic Eye Theater was created by enclosing the former open air theater.
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

• Sultan of Swing

I always thought it was a Helipad and had a Fascination of seeing someone coming out of it.
    Always read the fine print.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

That area baffles me. It destroys the entrance to Space Mt and really takes you out of any sort of themed environment and throws you back into a "theme park" while you are outside in the chain link switchbacks. It is at the top of my list of things Disney should fix in Disneyland.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345