Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Who should play Walt Disney?

To have Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Walt would be...ironic.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

totally agree with the suggestion of Ryan Gosling! There was this great artwork someone did of a mock movie poster if a movie was ever made, and he would be perfect to portray a young Walt Disney
    Name:  RYAN-GOSLING-WALT.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  97.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    To have Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Walt would be...ironic.
    how so?
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Disney View Post
    how so?

MOD NOTE:

I'm guessing that Retro is alluding to the alleged possibility that Walt had anti-Semitic feelings.

However we are NOT going to go there in this thread. ANY further discussion along those lines in this thread will not be tolerated and will be removed! Continue to discuss the possible actors who could play Walt in a movie but do not bring any politics or rumors into this thread to derail it!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Chief Troublemaker

Edward Norton or David Thewlis. Not dead ringers, but from certain angles, with the right lighting....not too bad.

I never realized what 'distinctive' features Walt had until I tried thinking of people who looked like him. Not just that he has a famous face, but that his face has unique features.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Edward Norton or David Thewlis COULD be great choices. The more we all bat this notion around, the more I'd love to see a Biopic on Walt. What an amazing person to cover during a really interesting time in Hollywood history.

Daniel day lewis. He can do anything. Edward norton would be cool.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I don't even like George Clooney, but he can certainly rock a stache. And YES Ryan Gosling would be such an ideal choice for a young Walt.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Edward Norton or David Thewlis. Not dead ringers, but from certain angles, with the right lighting....not too bad.

I never realized what 'distinctive' features Walt had until I tried thinking of people who looked like him. Not just that he has a famous face, but that his face has unique features.
    Agreed!
    For the love of Disney....

• former CM

I'd add Sam Rockwell, James McAvoy & Matthew Macfadyen to the list. I'd take them (and David Thewlis--my first choice) over Ryan Gosling. To me, Ryan Gosling always seems like Ryan Gosling, and even though he is a very good actor, to me he always projects a wimpy narcissism.

And do you ever for one second forget that you're watching Ryan Gosling? Really? When Tom Hanks was playing Forrest Gump, I thought I was watching Forrest Gump. I often forget I'm watching Meryl Streep when she's acting. The great Jack Nicholson said he carefully creates a distinctive walk for each character he portrays. More actors need to work like that. On the other hand, it was excellent when Robert Wise got an talented unknown (to most movie audiences) actor to play the alien in "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

For the auditions, I'd let each actor pitch Snow White (as Walt) in five to ten minutes to a group of bankers/investors. The preparation they put into creating their own pitches, possibly with the help of writer friends, would be a good or bad sign. They'd have to agree to let their auditions appear as DVD/Blu Ray extra features because I'd like to see these. And have Jack Black or Bill Hader audition just for fun, though the latter might end up being surprisingly good and winning the part. Also, encourage recent Julliard, NWern, and other drama school grads to audition.

Just once I'd like to see a very good movie made twice with different leading actors. It would not cost twice as much to do (especially if you didn't go with the most expensive stars) and it wouldn't come close to doubling the production time of one film. Universal once filmed Dracula with English and Spanish versions using the same sets, at "The Blue Angel" was made in both English and German versions with the same actors.

I'd audition Jordan Bridges. I think he's underrated because some might hold his head start (being a Bridges) against him.

Can Amy Adams play a guy? (I'd like her in every movie I see.)

If you want a Walt clone, I guess you could have a Robert Zemeckis-produced animated film, though they creep me out. Forget the exact look and go with talent and charisma. Denzel Washington would not win a Malcolm X look-alike contest, but no one else could have played him as well. And Cate Blanchett was great as Katherine Hepburn in the Aviator. (I'n not suggesting Denzel or Blanchett for Walt, though I could imagine more people accepting this in the future.) If Jimmy Stewart were alive and young he'd be the guy. He'd project the charismatic joy and midwestern wonderfulness that is innate is so many folks from Walt country. And he was a master at presenting the deepest lows that could make the highs so much higher.

Ewan McGregor? Could computers make him 25 for young Walt?

I like a lot of the names brought up on this thread,
    but not Shia LeBeouf. When I saw him in Indiana Jones 4, I wondered, "How did HE get that part in this movie?" He combines the acting ability of Steve Guttenberg, with the emotional range of Kristen Stewart, the charisma of a 10-year-old Dell Computer, and the good looks of Daniel Craig, minus the masculinity, intensity, and interesting confidence. (Shia, if you're reading this, you know how I kid!) In fariness to Mr. LeBeouf, Meryl Streep might appear to be a bad actor in a Michael Bay movie. I'm not exaggerating.

And Ed Norton is a great actor, but the might insist on changing a good script.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.

• Boogers are salty

Jeff Bridges... case closed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12