Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

I think some of the rides have the "off" signal broadcast. If I remember right, the Haunted Mansion made the ears rotate between green, red, and gold, but then turn off later in the ride.

There's a different signal in Downtown Disney than in the parks.

I'm hoping more areas will send the signal to the ears!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

i dont like the new happy face firework. it looks ugly.
    i hope they will bring back the old ones.

look at my signature for the old happy face.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I think some of the rides have the "off" signal broadcast. If I remember right, the Haunted Mansion made the ears rotate between green, red, and gold, but then turn off later in the ride.

There's a different signal in Downtown Disney than in the parks.

I'm hoping more areas will send the signal to the ears!
    I have seen firsthand the ears automatically turn off on PotC right before you hit the front of the queue just before the CM groups you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    I have seen firsthand the ears automatically turn off on PotC right before you hit the front of the queue just before the CM groups you.
    I had the opposite experience, oddly enough. Dude in front of me on the PotC boat had the ears and they were still all lit up as we floated through the bayou. In my mind I thought, "Arrg, I thought those dang things were supposed to automatically shut off during rides!" I don't know if they ever would have shut off on their own later on in the ride (like after the first drop or something) because fortunately his companion had the good sense to tell him to manually turn off his ears once we got to the bayou shack.

I think all dark rides should tell the ears to shut off when you enter the ride.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    ....if your hat is not syncing up, reset it. Turn it off and then back on and that should help it get inline with the other hats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisDiver1 View Post
    Its also a good idea to change your hats batteries (3 AAA bateries) every 10 or 12 park visits. The LED's may turn on and the hat may change colors but it might not GLOW WITH THE SHOW. Make sure you put them in the right way and your ears will play along with the show much better.

^^^These are the ways to get your hats to recieve the signals to turn, on, off and be in sync.

Some hats don't work properly and the owner don't notice or know these ways to make them work properly. It's not the signal being sent that is the problem it's the hats that can't recieve and process the signal.

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

A CM told us (For what that's worth) they were installing them at different parts of the park and not really telling anyone.

Not sure if it was a coinidence or not, but I think they may work at Rodger Rabit right under the stop light -- makes them just cycle red, green, and yellow. I have not been back to check - it was right after we bought ours and I didn't have a good feel for them yet.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bytemaster View Post
    A CM told us (For what that's worth) they were installing them at different parts of the park and not really telling anyone.

Not sure if it was a coinidence or not, but I think they may work at Rodger Rabit right under the stop light -- makes them just cycle red, green, and yellow. I have not been back to check - it was right after we bought ours and I didn't have a good feel for them yet.
    I need to find the link but there's a video on youtube of the ears flashing different colors depending on what land you're in ie purple/gold/green in NOS, pink/white near small world and white/blue/gold in TL.

---------- Post added 11-16-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123