Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

Disney Parks Blog Article: Are You Ready to

One of my favorite parts of the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is wrapping up a day in the park with the“Believe … In Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. And this year, the Creative Entertainment team has made that show even more special by incorporating the popular “Glow with the Show” Ears. Disneyland park guests will be able to become part of the performance, with visions of sugarplums literally dancing on their heads!Just as they’ve done with “World of Color” and “Fantasmic!”, our designers and technicians have seamlessly integrated the magical, glowing Mickey Mouse ear hats into key moments of “Believe … In Holiday Magic.” From wildly changing patterns of red and green during the “Nutcracker Suite” to a bed of newly fallen snow leaving you dreaming of a “White Christmas,” the audience gets swept up in moments both up-tempo and serene.
    And here’s a pro tip: If you’ve worn your “Glow with the Show” Ears a lot or just haven’t taken them to the park in a while, you may want to change the batteries (they take 3 AAAs). Fresh batteries will help your ears pick up the signal and glow along perfectly!
    “Believe … In Holiday Magic” is scheduled to be presented nightly, November 12 – January 6.
    First things first: the wording of this certainly makes it sound like the Christmas party is NOT a hard-ticketed event. Time to rejoice?

Secondly: how do you feel about the GwtS ears being used with fireworks? There was a lot of skepticism when it came to Fantasmic! but many here did say that it wasn't too obtrusive and may have actually accented the show well. Will the narrow corridor that Main Street USA is help with the effect of the ears? Is Disneyland investing too much into this project? Will the ears explode when they come in contact with the snow after the fireworks? Discuss!

• Minion

Re: Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

I sense an AP event coming soon.

• Monorail Junkie

I like it!!!! I am taking mine on our trip in 8 days.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

The hard ticketed stuff was not going to happen until Christmas 2013, so that could still very well be in the works.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I like it!
    For the love of Disney....

• -

They'll do anything to sell more of those over-priced ears.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Johnny and Me!

Honestly, I don't even notice the ears during WOC - I'm too immersed in the experience of the show! Haven't seen them during F! though...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Secondly: how do you feel about the GwtS ears being used with fireworks? There was a lot of skepticism when it came to Fantasmic! but many here did say that it wasn't too obtrusive and may have actually accented the show well. Will the narrow corridor that Main Street USA is help with the effect of the ears? Is Disneyland investing too much into this project?
    I think the ears are very cool to see. However they aren't nessecarily an enhancement to shows, and are somewhat a show of thier own.

When they get more popula,r as they will with more opportunities to use them and the word gets around about them, it will be nice, but I think there may be a tipping point where they could be annoying. Granted this is my opinion and I go a lot, I may want to go to shows to see the show, but for people who visit rarely it may be awesome to see tons of glowing ears.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They'll do anything to sell more of those over-priced ears.
    I did think it was funny the article describes them as popular. I mean, I'm sure they have some small market right now, but I wouldn't call them popular in terms of good sellers.

When they get more popula,r as they will with more opportunities to use them and the word gets around about them, it will be nice, but I think there may be a tipping point where they could be annoying. Granted this is my opinion and I go a lot, I may want to go to shows to see the show, but for people who visit rarely it may be awesome to see tons of glowing ears.
    I think they'd be a little annoying if there are only a handful of ears flashing in time with music. It certainly wouldn't be an enhancement. But having a sea of ears in front of you and watching the fireworks from the end of Main Street? Completely magical. That's the kind of experience I hope new-comers to Disneyland have.

• a damsel not in distress

how much do the ears cost?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    how much do the ears cost?
    About $25.

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Honestly, I don't even notice the ears during WOC - I'm too immersed in the experience of the show! Haven't seen them during F! though...
    That's probably because they're not there. Last time I watched WoC I looked around and could only spot two people wearing them from where I was standing.

finally, they announce it. i was getting worried

• Tiki baba!

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    I sense an AP event coming soon.
    I hope this really goes through (tho it seems a little late already), I would totally go again since I missed the Fantasmic! one.

stitch is love

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    That's probably because they're not there. Last time I watched WoC I looked around and could only spot two people wearing them from where I was standing.
    Why aren't all the crowd-control people wearing them? That would beef up the presence at WoC, F! and now the fireworks.

I'm still surprised that they introduced GWTS with only one product. Their many hat designs in their many hat shops demonstrate how wildly varied guests are in their hat choices. But with GWTS it's that one hat or nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast