Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

The Elusive Disneyland Audio File

Most of us love Disneyland and spend a lot of time thinking about it. Walt had the idea that when people go to Disneyland they would have a fun filled day and do all the things to do at Disneyland but when they left the thing that suck, and left with them, was the music. A single song or melody that is burned into our minds. For the most part this holds true, especially for us, who in the middle of day are here posting about Disneyland.

I've been fascinated by Disneyland music since I was old enough to sing along with the Tiki Birds. I remember torturing many friends, though I thought I was just sharing the magic of "it's a small world", but apparently I was one of the only ones who enjoined hearing the sounds of Disneyland. This naturally lead to my attempting to collect Disneyland Music. I loved sitting on my computer scouring the Internet for that Elusive "next one" in my collection. After about 6 or 7 years, with the help of many CM's and friends, I've managed to track-down those Elusive audio files. I think the foremost being the esplanade loop which haunted me ever visit until being able to acquire a full high quality version of it a while back. though Disney has the habit of updating things quite regularly so my files quickly become outdated and the chase begins again.

What are some of you're elusive files that you just can't seem to get a hold of?

• Hooterville, USA

Re: The Elusive Disneyland Audio File

Don't know if there are any I don't have. I'm sure there are, but I'm satisfied with the 550 or so mp3's.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm not very picky...I just have a few ride soundtracks. My favorite being the one from Splash Mountain...always puts me in a good mood

However, now that I think about it, I'd love to have the Adventureland and New Orleans Square loops. I haven't really looked for them, though.

• Head Salesman

New Orleans Square loops! Especially the sounds of "people" in the second-story rooms, like the voodoo priestess.
    Last edited by Trader Sam; 01-13-2006 at 05:18 PM.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Huh?

There's still plenty that I need... my collection only takes up around 10 GB.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    There's still plenty that I need... my collection only takes up around 10 GB.
    Emphasis on the only, right?

As far as Ellusive files are concerned, there are a lot of seasonal/temporary events that I'd love audio from. Among them: 1990s Party Gras parade, State Fair @ Disneyland audio (wasn't there exlclusive stuff), the 1st Thur DLRR narration, and the entire America Sings played in Ragtime Piano style (doesn't exist, so it must be EXTREMELY elusive!!! )

• I Hug My Tapirs

I've only got 7 gigs. I feel inadequate.

In any case, at the moment, I've been looking for some of the newer stuff. The pre-parade music for PoD (and ideally, a full version of Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration), the NOS Christmas loop, the Sunshine Plaza Christmas loop, and a good-quality copy of the full Light Magic (including the "When You Wish Upon a Star" segment and exit music).
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Street Rat

where can I find all this music? I feel so left out Limewire???

• Small Projects Team

• Street Rat

Thank you

Great thread!! This is one I can really sink my teeth into.

Two things come to mind immediately: The actual song entitled "Disneyland" which is heard in various instrumental incarnations in some of the Disneyland TV series episodes and in the Magic Skyway music set (as "Nation on Wheels"). Maybe I'm wrong about the title, but I've heard the tune from a recording off an old scratchy record with the words "Disneyland, Disneyland, Shining star in Disneyland. If your heart is the youthful kind, you will seek there you'll find castles high, in the air; all your dreams are waiting there..." etc.

The other elusive music for me is three songs from the Peoplemover that were done by (I believe) Buddy Baker. I have eight distinct tracks of Peoplemover music, and I know there are at least three more out there somewhere.

I think I have just about everything else.

Well... there are these old Mattel Musical Maps, and I have one set but there are one or two others I don't have.

I usually find the best stuff posted on some of the usenet boards.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Where can I find the Parade music?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I have the actual version of the songs played, but I want the loop that they play on Paradise Pier so badly it's not even funny.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Paradise Pier Loop.
    And the song you hear in the blue Bayou, you know its that version of Yo Ho played on jazz flute. Mmmm, Jazz flute.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

the complete audio from Epcot's "American Adventure"
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast