View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by oshanrose View Post
    I absolutely abhor Starbucks! I've had it everywhere across the country, and have yet to have it not be burnt. While my brother works at an artisan coffeehouse, I enjoy his prepared coffee drinks (with beautiful latte art), but I mainly prefer a good no-frills cup of coffee. For this, Starbucks cannot hide their mediocrity. If we must allow Starbucks in (which I'm adamantly against!) let Starbucks have a different venue, not Main Street, and certainly not the Market House!
    And there you have it. Besides good customer service, Starbucks has also succeeded because of consistency. Sure, it is crappy coffee but you can be assured that it will taste the same in Anaheim as it does in New York. And in a fraction of the time it takes to make an artisan cup of coffee. My partner works for an artisan coffee house as well, and probably the most difficult aspect is consistently pulling a good shot of espresso so that each cup tastes the same. Starbucks has all of this down to a science, and their espresso machines are made specifically for them in order to ensure that consistent cup every time the shot is pulled. Unfortunately this means a poorer taste and quality of the espresso, but at least it is consistent and this is something that people want.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Don't get me started on the most disgusting addition of sweet potato fries at Hungry Bear. Hungry Bear is my favorite place to eat and abhor that they switched out regular fries for those disgust sweet potato things...blegh! Now makes the meal even less worth it money wise because I'm basically throwing out the sweet potatoes. I've only gone to Hungry Bear once since the change and never stepped foot in there again because of that change...makes me super sad. I love that area of the park and eating on the balcony next to the ducks...
    Luckily, they let you substitute rings for fries now. When they first switched over, they wouldn't let me do that so I had to buy a side of rings in addition to my meal and ended up feeding the sweet potato junk to the ducks.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Only if you have a Starbucks card.
    And I do. 8) I'm willing to whip out my card to get a free refill. Don't know if management would find this mutually satisfying.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Luckily, they let you substitute rings for fries now. When they first switched over, they wouldn't let me do that so I had to buy a side of rings in addition to my meal and ended up feeding the sweet potato junk to the ducks.

Oh really? The last time I ate at Hungry Bear was October 26th and I got stuck with Sweet Pototo crud. I wasn't even offered a substitute when I gave an absolute look of disgust at the Sweet Potato fries being the only option. I will go check that out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    and ended up feeding the sweet potato junk to the ducks.
    Do the ducks like the change?!

• Minion

When I was at Hungry Bear two weeks ago, my mom asked for onion rings with her burger, which they gave her instead of sweet potato fries at no extra charge. Of course, they only give you like 4 onion rings that way. Not sure how many you get with a regular order of rings.

I know that sweet potato fries are "trendy" now and I do like them, but a lot of people don't and I wish they also offered regular fries along side the sweet potato so that people could have a choice.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

There are no Dunkins in Southern Californnia that I have ever seen. I would much prefer Peet's, but Starbucks is certainly much better than the previously served swill in the parks.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I vote for Tim Horton's. Nothing says Americana like Tim Hortons...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I have seen billboards on TV for that, in east coast ballparks and such. What is it?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

How about a Stuckeys while we are at it? Perfect for Route 66.

Well, there are over 700 Tim Horton's in the US.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Tim Horton's is an iconic Canadian Coffee and donut shop (that now serves a whole host of hot drinks and sandwich type fare)

It is as equally, or more engrained in Canadian culture than baseball is in American culture.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tim Horton's is an iconic Canadian Coffee and donut shop (that now serves a whole host of hot drinks and sandwich type fare)

It is as equally, or more engrained in Canadian culture than baseball is in American culture.
    I don't get out of Southern California much any more, and we don't have any here. So aside from the billboards I wasn't really aware.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Ahaha I forgot that Tim Horton's had moved into the Eastern States. I was expecting everyone to have no idea what I was talking about.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I prefer the sweet potato ones they have there compared to normal Disney fries. The normal ones always come off bland and cardboardish to me.
    Count me in as one of the people that love sweet tater fries instead!! I love well done sweet tater fries with ranch dressing, but I agree that there should be a choice as to if you want regular fries or sweet potato ones.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I think the argument between Starbucks and (insert other chain) is a matter of region more than anything else. I used to live in Nevada where Starbucks abound (went with an independent shop because I can't stand Starbucks) Now I live in Rhode Island where the Iron Curtain called Dunkin exists (It took me awhile but I have grown quite attached to it).

Point being that beyond the Iron Curtain in New England Dunkin doesn't have that big of a presence so you can't expect Southern Californians to embrace it as the Seattle influence has already consumed their day to day coffee habits.

That being said, isn't Peets coffee a thing out there? If I recall I found them quite tasty and reasonable for a designer coffee shop.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast