View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Are there ANY Dunkin' Donuts in California?
    Not too many. I tried DD coffee once since so many raved about it. It just tasted like cheap Folgers or something. I AM a definite coffee snob and can tell when coffee is good or not. Although I've recently cut way back due to health issues and have noticed that when I do have a cup of coffee again, it tastes much better, stronger and my senses are better able to detect it's quality and flavor.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Not too many.
    Other than one on Camp Pendleton, I can't find a single one in California.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Having had truly good coffee, I cannot stand Starbucks coffee. Is it any wonder that their most popular drinks are full of syrups and flavors? The mark of great coffee is the ability to drink it black and it tastes good. Not munch in the US can do that, and nothing from Starbucks does. Guess I'm not a fan
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Are there ANY Dunkin' Donuts in California?
    Currently, I believe the only one in CA is on-base at Camp Pendleton. I don't think the public can get to it, just people w/military ID.

They used to be around So Cal maybe 20 years ago or so, I can remember them from 'back in the day'. You can still find their bagged coffee in stores. Personally, I don't think it's any better than 'Chock Full O' Nuts'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

It probably all boils down to personal preference. I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I can only drink decaf. Their's is more of a half-caf. Not good for me since it's not the caffeine but the acid in the coffee bean that's the problem. Decaffeinating the bean removes much of the acid. This is according to a Starbuck's employee.
    I don't care for the flavor of their hot chocolate. Very thick for some weird reason! La Brea Cafe is awful as well. How the heck can you screw up hot chocolate?
    Starbucks also has awful smoothies. So to me, for my preferences, their products are just hard to swallow. (yep! I went there! Humor + Sarcasm)
    DisneyBroad54

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Starbucks is LIGHTYEARS better than the other crap coffee they serve at the resort. I am an avid coffee fan and drinker (only black or with a bit of milk) and while Starbucks may not be my favorite, I can at least expect a much better and more quality cup of coffee with Starbucks. And on Dunkin's...just like McDonald's, I think the hype around their coffee is unwarranted and is just used to propagate people away from Starbucks. They're coffee is nothing special and honestly just taste like Folgers and other poor coffees like that.

Honestly if I were to chose, knowing they are going to choose a brand name, I would have preferred Peets. I think they have the best beans for a brand business. I would place Starbucks after them. I would put places like Coffee Bean (which is LA based) way before I would consider a Dunkins...

And to whomever said Starbucks uses robusta beans, that's completely false. I've worked for Starbucks for about 4 and half years now (great job to have through college btw) and am a coffee master with the company. I can guarantee you that all of our beans are Arabica. Every coffee we serve uses 100% Arabica beans. The company has been committed to having that high quality focus. There is a reason we're one of the most successful businesses in the US. Believe me, I have my own qualms about the company but I would never demean they're commitment to high quality coffee product and ethical business practices. Starbucks really is a role model company and does a lot of good, despite your feelings on the company.

They actually did a pretty good job of integrating this into the park. While I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks necessarily (as noted, there are better coffee places out there), it works for me. I like to get a cup on my way out of the park, and it's convenient, and it's drinkable.

So I'm a fan.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Minion

People like it, people want it...at the end of the day, it's probably no different than selling brand name soft drinks or ice cream in the park. If they make it look as though it belongs, like the Ghirardelli shop or Boudin's, it's all good.

Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.

Why would you come here and post about something you hate when there are so many fun things to love at Disneyland?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I think the OP is entitled to post their opinion, as we all are if there is something we do not like. Lord knows we see multiple posts from people who dislike one thing are another about the parks.

While I always look to the park positives, I agree with this post about the awfulness of Starbucks coffee.
    However, I never get it so having it available does not matter to me one way or the other if the park has it.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Team Hail HYDRA

Dunkin' Donuts are a novelty to me
    but I like the pasteries at Starbucks

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    And to whomever said Starbucks uses robusta beans, that's completely false. I've worked for Starbucks for about 4 and half years now (great job to have through college btw) and am a coffee master with the company. I can guarantee you that all of our beans are Arabica. Every coffee we serve uses 100% Arabica beans. The company has been committed to having that high quality focus. There is a reason we're one of the most successful businesses in the US. Believe me, I have my own qualms about the company but I would never demean they're commitment to high quality coffee product and ethical business practices. Starbucks really is a role model company and does a lot of good, despite your feelings on the company.
    That would have been me. I got this information second hand from someone who is a barista certified by the Barista Guild of America. But either I heard it wrong or he is not correct.

Either way, I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to roast such a huge quantity of arabica beans. Normally from what I understand roasting arabica beans is a very time intensive process so I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to accomplish this.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    People like it, people want it...at the end of the day, it's probably no different than selling brand name soft drinks or ice cream in the park. If they make it look as though it belongs, like the Ghirardelli shop or Boudin's, it's all good.

Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.

Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

I don't drink coffee drinks at Starbucks as I'm much more a fan of their blended frappuccino drinks that are cream-based.
    When I'm at the park though, I usually get something else. I can get Starbucks anytime.
    When it comes to iced coffee though, just give me the basic, standard iced coffee that can be made at home much like iced tea. Throw a little milk and sugar and I'm good to go.
    My mum was raised in New England where iced coffee had been a staple long before it ever appeared at the Starbucks-like joints nationwide so I grew up with it.
    When I was a kid growing up in OC, if you asked for it in restaurants, most didn't really know what you were talking about. You'd just have to tell the server it was iced tea, but with coffee instead, and usually they'd make it for you.
    We used to get it at the Howard Johnson's on occasion across from Disneyland though because occasionally you'd get a server there who knew how to do it. I think Howard Johnson's originated in the east though.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
    You can get chicory coffee at Ralph Brennan's in DTD.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast