View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
    I'm totally with you there! Either or would be fine. They already have the beignets and they're not bad; time for the chicory coffee to make an appearance!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Speaking personally, I'm somewhat ambivalent on Starbucks; I don't hate it and I don't feel the need to drink it on a regular basis, but I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Frankly if they were going to bring in outside coffee I'd love to see some traditional Cafe du Monde style coffee for the French Market.
    I may have mentioned this in another thread, or just had the thought maybe but YES! Terrific idea. I just finished my can of Cafe du Monde from Cost Plus and actually it was Trader Joes who turned me onto the chicory coffee when a couple of years ago they had a New Orleans blend.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Senior Minion

Starbucks' modern image is a perfect fit for the mall mentality that drives today's Disney Parks.

Bon appetit.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Tim Horton's

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Dunkin Donuts can handle very high volume - Where I live, in Rhode Island, there are far more Dunkin's than Starbucks. And people much prefer it.

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Starbucks is pretentious - Dunkin' is family friendly. I think Dunkin actually melds with the Disney image better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Dunkin' Donuts handles a VERY HIGH volume consistently - and they serve many of the same variants such as espresso and latte. If you have ever been to a Dunkin in New England - You would be surprised how fast they handle huge amounts of people. In fact, it is very Disney in its efficiency. I think people may have a few preconceived notions here.
    Hello Rhode Islander! Born and raised there. Moved to Los Angeles 7 years ago.

Anyway, I'm not a coffee drinker. I like Starbucks because I like the frappucinos. So they suit me just fine in Disney. BUT, DD is an entity in it's own right, and a lot of people have no idea how huge it is. My family members are coffee people, and I have spent too much time in lines at the drive thru waiting for them to get their 'regular' coffee there. (regular means w/ cream and sugar, in case that's a regional expression.) Some of them base their vacation hotels based on how far they are from a DD. it's a religion for many.

Has anyone had Intelligensia? My coffee friends say that is the best. I have no idea!

Starbucks!
    For the love of Disney....

• Goofy

eh starbucks is so overrated so much. i voted none of the above

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogerpopcorn View Post
    Very disappointing. Main Street is like the alter of the Church. It is supposed to reflect a time and a place of yesteryear and is the pinnacle of Walt Disney World. Hanging a Starbucks sign on main street is an instant leap in time to a coffee shop located in everybody’s hometown. That makes it not special. It clashes with the theme. Disney bakery items are special and unique. As an avid photographer, I am deeply sadden that pictures will be soiled with a Starbuck in the picture. I find it hard to believe Walt would have allowed this. He focused on keeping the outside world distractions out. That’s why there were never pay telephones or newspaper stands. Disney has been so special because of the environment, decor and the ability to forget everything at home. We have taking our daughters to the park since they were 3 years old. They are out of college and Kim was even a Cast Member. We have one of the bricks at the very front of Magic Kingdom. There has been comfort knowing this is the one place that our grand kids would visit and see the Magic as we had seen it. Removing this iconic establishment and the historic Bakery sign is so sad and a shift away from Walt’s priceless and keen vision. You can serve the fivebucks coffee but commercializing the decor is just plain unnecessary and sad. Who want a baked thing from fivebucks at the Magic Kindom when you can get the exact same thing down at your local fivebucks in the corner of Target. Where’s the Magic in that? It might taste good but it certainly is NOT Magical. What’s next, convert the Emporium to a Foley’s?
    sounds very mall like to me.

ask for dunkin doughnuts they are eveywhere but you have too look for them as you go by or drive by

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You can get chicory coffee at Ralph Brennan's in DTD.
    Cool! Do they do 'to go' cups? Are they open early enough to grab one on the way in to the parks?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You can get chicory coffee at Ralph Brennan's in DTD.
    I wish I didn't know this. I can't go near that place because of all the shellfish on the menu.

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I may have mentioned this in another thread, or just had the thought maybe but YES! Terrific idea. I just finished my can of Cafe du Monde from Cost Plus and actually it was Trader Joes who turned me onto the chicory coffee when a couple of years ago they had a New Orleans blend.
    Wait...did you just say that Cost Plus sold Cafe du Monde coffee? The real stuff? Yellow cans and all?? You just made my day if so!!!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Wait...did you just say that Cost Plus sold Cafe du Monde coffee? The real stuff? Yellow cans and all?? You just made my day if so!!!
    Yes!!

Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory-Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory | World Market

Enjoy

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They used to sell Cafe du Monde coffee in NOS. Many years ago...

• Chief Troublemaker

That's where I get mine! I nearly plotzed when I saw it on the shelf. I haven't found Community Coffee for sale anywhere near where I live (No Calif). You can get it by mail order though. Their chicory coffee is really good, too.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Starbucks is not my favorite, but is much better than what Disney was serving.

Dunkin Donuts is the bench sweepings of coffee. I guess once you develop a taste for raw sewage then Dunkin Donuts is acceptable.
    I cannot agree with you enough. One other posted said their workplace changed out DD for their usual brand and "in time they liked it." The key words there were "in time." ....like some crazy Stockholm Syndrome of coffee. If you're subjected to it long enough, you'll love it because it's all they serve. Welcome to the coffee pot, Comrade! You will enjoy today's variety, it's the people's coffee, the one and only blend they serve here.

Bench sweepings indeed.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
    Tim Horton's
    Timmies represent!

At first I was a bit grumpy when I heard that Starbucks was in the park, but on our last trip I LOVED that I could stop in, during the cool evening and enjoy my favorite Vanilla Latte while touring the parks and it was actually cheaper than it is at home (with the ap discount) to boot! One of may new favorite things to do.

On another note, I tasted Dunkin coffee for the first time a few months ago and and hated it...

• Minion

I'm not a fan of coffee, let alone Starbucks. I don't mind the addition to the parks. Coffee Bean is the best of them all, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast