View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Stitch View Post
    Hello Rhode Islander! Born and raised there. Moved to Los Angeles 7 years ago.

Anyway, I'm not a coffee drinker. I like Starbucks because I like the frappucinos. So they suit me just fine in Disney. BUT, DD is an entity in it's own right, and a lot of people have no idea how huge it is. My family members are coffee people, and I have spent too much time in lines at the drive thru waiting for them to get their 'regular' coffee there. (regular means w/ cream and sugar, in case that's a regional expression.) Some of them base their vacation hotels based on how far they are from a DD. it's a religion for many.

Has anyone had Intelligensia? My coffee friends say that is the best. I have no idea!
    Well - I am the opposite of you - I was raised in California - and live in Rhode Island now - but I have since been converted, and worship at the alter of Dunkin Donuts. I just think Starbucks coffee is too bitter. I do not like the flavor, and it is much more expensive than DD. I think mass marketing is the reason for Starbucks success, if people had to choose which coffee tastes best in a blind taste test, I am sure they would pick Dunkin, hands down.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• The doctor is in

I don't drink coffee so it doesn't really make much difference to me. A majority of coffee drinkers I know usually try to find a Caribou Coffee or Dazbog over Starbucks if given a choice.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I don't drink coffee. I voted DD just for the reasonably priced donuts.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Cool! Do they do 'to go' cups? Are they open early enough to grab one on the way in to the parks?
    The Jazz Kitchen Express opens at 8:00 am and you can get the chicory coffee to go along with......beignets!

Downtown Disney District Restaurant : Traditional New Orleans Cuisine : Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Restaurant in Anaheim, California
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    The Jazz Kitchen Express opens at 8:00 am and you can get the chicory coffee to go along with......beignets!

Downtown Disney District Restaurant : Traditional New Orleans Cuisine : Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Restaurant in Anaheim, California

Chicory coffee it will be for sure, hopefully next Feb or March (fingers crossed, still planning). Unfortunately, I don't think Jazz Kitchen does gluten free beignet so none for me. Tell ya what...you enjoy an extra one for me, ok?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Well - I am the opposite of you - I was raised in California - and live in Rhode Island now - but I have since been converted, and worship at the alter of Dunkin Donuts. I just think Starbucks coffee is too bitter. I do not like the flavor, and it is much more expensive than DD. I think mass marketing is the reason for Starbucks success, if people had to choose which coffee tastes best in a blind taste test, I am sure they would pick Dunkin, hands down.
    You realize that if DD was in the park you would be still be paying top dollar for it?

I also did a quick search and found this: Coffee Wars – The results are in! | Web Communications - Wayne State University Blogs

Now I'm not sure how accurate this is and there is really not definitive, it's just kinda funny where DD is.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Chicory coffee it will be for sure, hopefully next Feb or March (fingers crossed, still planning). Unfortunately, I don't think Jazz Kitchen does gluten free beignet so none for me. Tell ya what...you enjoy an extra one for me, ok?
    When I'm there at the end of the month I will do just that
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    You realize that if DD was in the park you would be still be paying top dollar for it?

I also did a quick search and found this: Coffee Wars – The results are in! | Web Communications - Wayne State University Blogs

Now I'm not sure how accurate this is and there is really not definitive, it's just kinda funny where DD is.
    I never had DD so I can't vouch for how good or bad it is. But Kirkland at #1? I've had that before and find it's taste and bitterness to be even worse than Starbucks. And I am not overly fond of Starbucks (but still think its a vast improvement over what Disney used to offer). In a nutshell IMO Kirkland coffee is horrendous.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I never had DD so I can't vouch for how good or bad it is. But Kirkland at #1? I've had that before and find it's taste and bitterness to be even worse than Starbucks. And I am not overly fond of Starbucks (but still think its a vast improvement over what Disney used to offer). In a nutshell IMO Kirkland coffee is horrendous.
    I was wondering about Kirkland, seams odd. I guess it really depends on personal taste. For instance, I really liked the coffee that they served at the All star movies resort last year. Does that mean that it is great coffee? Probably not, but It reminds me of being there.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Disney used to serve Maxwell House - They actually sponsored the Town Square Cafe at one point. I think I would prefer Maxwell House over Starbucks.

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

My partner works for an independent "mom and pop" coffee house. They only serve arabica coffee, which is higher end, directly from the family owned finca in central America. Here is his opinion: First, in order to mass produce in such high quantity, Starbucks serves robusto, which is a lower grade of Coffee. The reason Starbucks is so popular is in their marketing and their customer service. But their coffee is not as good quality as you can find at other places.
    I'm sorry, but this information is completely false. Starbucks only buys and roasts high quality Arabica beans. I respectfully request for you to change the statement to stop spreading this incorrect information.
    Arabica coffees are grown above a certain elevation, and are in fact a higher quality coffee. Only 3% of the world's coffee production meets Starbucks high standards, one of those standards being Arabica beans
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic!55 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this information is completely false. Starbucks only buys and roasts high quality Arabica beans. I respectfully request for you to change the statement to stop spreading this incorrect information.
    Arabica coffees are grown above a certain elevation, and are in fact a higher quality coffee. Only 3% of the world's coffee production meets Starbucks high standards, one of those standards being Arabica beans
    Source?

Not of the beans, but of your claim.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic!55 View Post
    I haven't ruled that out. If you read my post after this I admitted that I could be wrong:
    That would have been me. I got this information second hand from someone who is a barista certified by the Barista Guild of America. But either I heard it wrong or he is not correct.

Either way, I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to roast such a huge quantity of arabica beans. Normally from what I understand roasting arabica beans is a very time intensive process so I would be curious as to how Starbucks is able to accomplish this.
    What I would like to know, and perhaps you have the answer, is how do you roast arabica beans in such high quantities and speed that an operation like Starbucks would require in order to produce such high volumes of coffee? From what I understand the roasting process for arabica is a lot different and takes a lot more time to roast a quality product versus robusta which the inferior quality of the bean allows it to be roasted quickly with high heat in large batches.

I am not changing my statement because as you can clearly see I am admitting I could be incorrect. I would love to learn something about Starbucks' roasting process if you or someone could please let me know.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Intelligentsia coffee! It's the best coffee on the western hemisphere. And its a California original that started in Venice. There are 5 locations in Cali and some on the east coast. Plus they have the BEST hot coco.

• AKA - DisneyChris

well - Aribica or not - it ain't worth a hill of beans - because Starbucks coffee is too strong and bitter.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast