View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post

Wikipedia tells me half of France is in the western hemisphere, and I can assure you even the worst coffee in France is better than the best coffee in the US.

Well, if we're going to go international in our search for coffee, there's this little Konditorei in Vienna that serves the best Turkish Coffee ever. Now that's coffee to make you stand up and applaud. I can't remember the name, but if you want to send me there to ask if they're interested in a contract with Disney........LOL.

But what Rebekkap says is true, I found that most European countries I visited take their coffee seriously since the ritual of coffee and conversation at your local cafe is a big part of social life.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
    Yum! My parents went to New Orleans a few months ago and brought Chickory Coffee back and It was marvelous!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    well - Aribica or not - it ain't worth a hill of beans - because Starbucks coffee is too strong and bitter.
    Ah..that is what I have heard but I, actually, am immune to the effects of coffee, meaning...I can drink a Starbucks Venti Triple shot with a few more shots added and STILL fall asleep a few hours later....it does nothing for me. Its just taste and warmth for me. I put so much cream in it and sugar, its just taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Starbucks' coffee is way too bitter for me. Undrinkable.
    There's a 7-11 at Katella and Harbor with fresh coffee all the time.
    Arco AM/PM has very good coffee to.

I like the Starbucks in DCA even though I've only gone there once but honestly, I LOVE Disney coffee and no matter what the weather, I go to Market Place on Main Street every time I first walk into Disneyland. It's also to get my receipt so I can keep filling up my coffee for free the rest of the day.

Starbucks over roasts their beans. I prefer Peets.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    The cup size criticism is always baffling to me. You can go into any Starbucks and order a small, medium, and large and you'll get just that.

It's almost as baffling as the price criticism. I always hear people saying a cup of coffee at Starbucks is $5. A cup of coffee is usually between $1.50 and $1.75, not far off of other brands.

If you don't like the flavor or "commercialization" (which is funny coming from Disney fans), fine....but don't make up facts to support your criticisms. (I, for one, don't care for the flavor of Starbucks coffee either......)

its funny u mention that, this morning i just got a thanksgiving roast from starbucks. its just regular brewed coffee, its a dark roast, i like it like that.. anyhow it was $1.75 for a grande( meduim) to me that is VERY inexpensive.. the stuff at starbucks that is $5 is the ones that are flavored like the cappucinos and stuff..

i like ur idea of Dunkin' Donuts in DL

• Sock Puppet

maybe a dunkin donuts in Downtown Disney. but never in the park itself.

• Johnny and Me!

Dunkin' Donuts: "It's a New York Thang!"

• Mrs. J. Depp

I have distant memories of Monte Cristos from back before I was diagnosed, LOL. I'm lucky that my Celiac problems don't include lactose intolerance, that's a real bummer for you!

I know there are recipes online for both GF beignet & a GF monte cristo. I also saw 'somewhere' that BB will do a GF monte cristo if you give them enough advance notice. I'm actually thinking of trying this next time. But I know you 'get it' when I say I'm afraid to. The last thing we want to do is risk getting 'glutened' at Disney, right?
    I've recently gotten into making my own breads and gluten free treats. Mostly sticking to a paleo diet. My eyes have been opened to a whole new way of eating. Honestly fried foods sort of make me cringe now. But yes I understand the whole gluten situation in its entirety and a trip to the parks is never the place to deal with that! Glad to hear they now have gluten free breads and buns!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    anyone who knows coffe knows that illy coffee is the best (or at least best brand name coffee)... though it's much more expensive than starbucks and dunkin donuts
    Ohhh Illy IS good!! I'm going to Italy in a few months and am excited to drink myself silly on Illy coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    You have seriously made it Christmas in November for me. THANK YOU!!!! I think I am going to Cost Plus/World Market in the neeeear future...
    Glad I could help! I might go pick up another can as well, although I wish there was a way that it could be whole bean with chicory in there and you just blend it all yourself. Fresh ground beans are just the best.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post

Have to go with this. Personally, I think it's the water, based upon the experiences I had.
    Water does make an enormous difference to how good the coffee is - when I was last in CA in July, I brought my own French press with me, but found if I didn't use bottled water the coffee was basically undrinkable.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The Ph level in the water used is one of the key ingredients that makes a good cup of coffee. And on top of that the Ph level varies on the type of bean and how it is roasted.

IMO it is the water that Starbucks uses that prevents their coffee from being totally I drinkable. In fact sometimes I'll just ask for a glass of water when I go there. If you have ever tried Starbucks water you will know its better than any bottled water you can buy. Even compared with Evian (is that even around anymore?) or the other high end bottled water Starbucks is the best!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post

Have to go with this. Personally, I think it's the water, based upon the experiences I had.
    Agree that this is part of the reason. The other reasons include roasting skills and prep at the POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post

Wikipedia tells me half of France is in the western hemisphere, and I can assure you even the worst coffee in France is better than the best coffee in the US.
    La ! J'adore votre poste !

I agree. I had coffee at a macdo's on my way to CDG, and it was far better than anything I have had in the USA. It was roasted, not burnt. It was rich, not super bitter. And this was from a fast food chain!!! Even the cream that went into the coffee tasted better.

I know, I shouldn't have been to a macdo's for any reason according to my foodie instincts (but the French do love it overall they packed the place!!! It wasn't tourists from outside of Paris)... it was fast and I had to catch a flight. The coffee at a full-on cafe was 100x better than that macdo's visit, so I would say it was 1000x better than anything in the USA.

I *am* slightly biased towards anything Parisian.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Big red truck

To add to the list of Dunkin Donuts locations in California, I think there was one in one of the LAX terminals a few years ago. It could be gone now, but if still remains, then that makes 2 DD locations in California besides USMC Pendleton.

I believe it was a combo newspaper/magazine shop and DD location, maybe Terminal 2 or 3.

With such a tiny presence here, I don't think DD was ever in the running to be a supplier for Disney Parks. Starbucks on the other hand has hundreds if not over 1000 locations within Los Angeles alone.

Aside from that, I'm sure Disney got a good deal from Starbucks, it's a nice high profile location, and people don't seem to mind paying the extra premium for Starbucks which leaves more room for profit.

As for the coffee in general I'm not a large fan, I do like the Breakfast Blend which is a nice smooth mild coffee that isn't bitter if you don't like that aspect of Starbucks stronger blends.

That being said, I think the whole coffee snob thing goes out the window when you got people dumping a ton of sugar and cream in their drinks which totally throws the taste out of the window. But that's just me.. I like it black

I would have been ok with Peet's , but anything is a step up from the old coffee they offered...

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Dunkin' Donuts just seems tacky to me, and not as classy as Starbucks. I don't see it working in Disneyland.
    Same here. The first time I flew to Boston, the stewardesses on JetBlue announced they "proudly" serve Dunkin' Donuts, and I chuckled. I couldn't imagine that anyone could be proud of Dunkin' Donuts until I arrived in Boston and saw Dunkin' on every other corner, Starbucks-style. I'd say it's definitely the New England influence.

I don't drink coffee, but I like the tea and other beverages at Starbucks, and I really like having one at DCA. I do admit that their coffee has tasted a bit burnt for a few years now. Coffee Bean has better tasting coffee, but again, I hardly drink coffee.

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 07:23 PM ----------

Chicory Coffee!!! Oh Yeah. Wouldn't that be great in NOS? Either du Monde or Community, I don't care.
    Totally craving it now. They should serve it at the gumbo stand.

• Banned User

They never needed a Starbucks, but, the income generated from having them there will trump any of their previous coffee related sales. I doubt they are leasing space. It will be a Disney owned (gifted by starbucks aka sponsored) franchise, they will probably not honor gift cards. But the brand does have clout amongst more visitors, who have proven their loyalty or lack of disloyalty, to the brand across the globe.

does DL still sell McDonalds Fries in Frontierland?

• Sock Puppet

^ i believe the mcdonalds fries in frontierland have been AXED! but i am not sure..

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast