View Poll Results: Starbucks / Dunkin' Donuts / None of the Above??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

76 61.29%
  • Dunkin' Donuts

8 6.45%
  • None of the Above

40 32.26%
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

I wish they would bring Dunkin' Donuts to Disney instead. Starbucks Coffee tastes awful to me, and it is way overpriced. And I hate the names they have for sizes. Why is a grande a small??? Just call it a small medium or large! Dunkin' Donuts makes the best coffee known to man. Perhaps I am biased, since I live in New England now. Who is with me on this?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

•   
    • Minion

Re: Starbucks coming to Disney parks? I hate their Coffee - who's with me?

peets coffee!!!

• Minion

Starbucks is great plus they don't make just Coffee they can pretty much make anything your heart desires. (I don't like Coffee.)
    Last edited by Michael808702; 11-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• AKA - DisneyChris

yeah - they add whip cream and froth to their nasty muddy coffee

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

I don't really mind either. To me, it's the same old burnt coffee. Dunkin' coffee is slightly less bitter than its Starbucks counterpart, but I prefer Starbucks' cappuccino. I liked whatever thing they were serving on the night carts a few years ago, but I don't know what it was.

• -

Starbuck's isn't coming, it's already there. I'm very happy robe able to get my fix at CA Adventure.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My partner works for an independent "mom and pop" coffee house. They only serve arabica coffee, which is higher end, directly from the family owned finca in central America. Here is his opinion: First, in order to mass produce in such high quantity, Starbucks serves robusto, which is a lower grade of Coffee. The reason Starbucks is so popular is in their marketing and their customer service. But their coffee is not as good quality as you can find at other places. This being stated, Starbucks is still to be respected because its huge popularity has exposed consumers to better quality coffee (compared to coffees like Folgers, which consumers had been mostly drinking before that), and the demand has risen for it. In this sense, Starbucks has helped the independent places by putting them on the consumer's radar.

Starbucks is so big, they are really the only ones who can handle the outrageous volume that has been experienced in DCA. A good espresso takes time to brew, and an independent coffee establishment does not have the exclusive equipment, man power, or blends required to do this in the amount of time that Starbucks does it.

While I am not a huge fan of Starbucks, I understand why they were selected to be in the parks. They are pretty much the only ones out there with the highest quality who can handle the volume.

All coffee tastes horrible. I only enjoy the smell.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• I'm a Lutheran

I'd love to have a caramel frappacino in line for Radiator Springs Racers. :P
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I love starbucks. Their specialty drinks are what I, and I think most people, go for. frappuccinos and and all that are what keep people coming and imo they make some of the best.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Nic

Dunkin' Donuts just seems tacky to me, and not as classy as Starbucks. I don't see it working in Disneyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My partner works for an independent "mom and pop" coffee house. They only serve arabica coffee, which is higher end, directly from the family owned finca in central America. Here is his opinion: First, in order to mass produce in such high quantity, Starbucks serves robusto, which is a lower grade of Coffee. The reason Starbucks is so popular is in their marketing and their customer service. But their coffee is not as good quality as you can find at other places. This being stated, Starbucks is still to be respected because its huge popularity has exposed consumers to better quality coffee (compared to coffees like Folgers, which consumers had been mostly drinking before that), and the demand has risen for it. In this sense, Starbucks has helped the independent places by putting them on the consumer's radar.

Starbucks is so big, they are really the only ones who can handle the outrageous volume that has been experienced in DCA. A good espresso takes time to brew, and an independent coffee establishment does not have the exclusive equipment, man power, or blends required to do this in the amount of time that Starbucks does it.

While I am not a huge fan of Starbucks, I understand why they were selected to be in the parks. They are pretty much the only ones out there with the highest quality who can handle the volume.
    Dunkin Donuts can handle very high volume - Where I live, in Rhode Island, there are far more Dunkin's than Starbucks. And people much prefer it.

---------- Post added 11-10-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Dunkin' Donuts just seems tacky to me, and not as classy as Starbucks. I don't see it working in Disneyland.
    Starbucks is pretentious - Dunkin' is family friendly. I think Dunkin actually melds with the Disney image better.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Dunkin Donuts can handle very high volume - Where I live, in Rhode Island, there are far more Dunkin's than Starbucks. And people much prefer it.
    I don't have statistics or anything, but I'm fairly sure that Starbucks is the brand of choice in southern California.

Oh, and a grande is a medium.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    If it is just drip coffee it should be ok, but espresso-based drinks take much more time which really Starbucks can only handle. Starbucks barely produces a good drink, but due to its proprietary equipment and training they can churn out a high volume both quickly and perhaps even more important consistently.

I don't know if you have been to DCA since Starbucks went in, but the volume is INSANE. I highly doubt the busiest Dunkin' Donuts in Rhode Island matches near the crowds in the DCA Starbucks on a daily basis.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Dunkin' Donuts handles a VERY HIGH volume consistently - and they serve many of the same variants such as espresso and latte. If you have ever been to a Dunkin in New England - You would be surprised how fast they handle huge amounts of people. In fact, it is very Disney in its efficiency. I think people may have a few preconceived notions here.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast