View Poll Results: Do you want Coke or Pepsi sold in the parks?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coke Only

89 63.12%
  • Pepsi Only

10 7.09%
  • Both Coke and Pepsi

42 29.79%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Why can't I buy a Pepsi inside Disney?

Personally I prefer water.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Element of Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Pepsi is the official sponser of MLB thats why there are more ballparks with Pepsi
    But I doubt that even if all the other ballparks start serving Pepsi, they'll always have Coke in Atlanta. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Minion

Coke, Btw I saw your other thread about Starbucks we are like completely opposites lol

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, one thing's for certain...over the years the folks at PEPSI have made possible some downright wonderful Disneyland shows and attractions. There was a time when that PEPSI logo appeared on the curtain in the good ol' Golden Horseshoe. Seems to me those Country Bears were brought to us by the good folks at PEPSI and FRITO LAY as well.

Course, Coke Corner...well...

Over the decades I've sipped on my share of both I reckon. Given the choice, taste wise, I'd probably pick good ol' Coca Cola...but I ain't never turned my nose up to Pepsi. When I'm thirsty...they both taste mighty fine ice cold.

Contracts and business practices and such sometimes favor one over the other for the park I reckon... I understand those two companies are sorta competin' with one another...
    they both take in billions of dollars in a year's time...

I've been kinda favorin' Green Tea lately...but I ain't never been all that picky about Colas...or any other soft drink for that matter.

One thing though...taint no doubt that Disney charges too much for the stuff no matter what it is... Why? Well, I reckon Disney figures it's got a captive audience inside those gates and...well...they are makin' a ton of money off those beverages too. Taint no doubt whatsoever about that...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Element of Laughter

Personally, I prefer Coke to Pepsi, although now that I have diabetes, I prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke. . . I also like the fact that Coke is more "All-American" than Pepsi. . . Usually, the only time I ever drink Pepsi is if it's the only thing available(although I have to admit that sometimes Pepsi Max does go good with KFC, but that's a different story. . . )
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Minion

I feel that Pepsi is more popular in the Midwest and parts of the East Coast. I think its interesting though in Las Vegas one side of the strip serves coke products while the other side serves Pepsi products.
    Jeff Wayne

• Dead men tell no tales.

To me, they both taste similar, but I like the taste of Coke slightly better.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    water.
    Beer.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I prefer Coke. I feel like that is a superior product. A superior place must serve a superior product. That's my opinion.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

The figures shown are skewed. The sales of a product does not mean the same thing as a taste test or "liking" something. Coke ( and Pepsi, and every other soft drink company ) actively leverage retailers into carrying their product exclusively. It's a game of dirty pool to assure that your product is out there by securing rights to be at an entire chain of movie theaters, or theme parks, etc. Based on this then yes, you have high sales and justify that people "like" Coke more than Pepsi. The fact of the matter is that I hate Coke but if it's all they sell, I have no choice but to buy one if I really want a soda. ( And usually get three sips into it before tossing it out. ) But hey, the important thing is SALES and that Coke believes I "liked" it. Blech.

The Facebook preference for Coke over Pepsi seems more fair and less skewed as far as any tests go, but let's understand what's behind market shares. It's not what the public wants, it's about who leveraged what deal to be exclusively the one drink available.

• Minion

If the question is accessibility, then people would be buying Coke over Pepsi at Disney parks anyway. If they don't know they prefer one over the other until they do a blind taste test, then they're going to keep buying what they have been buying all along.

•   
    • Minion

It's all a matter of personal preference, and some beverages do better in different regions. I have friends from Scandinavia who HATE Coke, and whenever we go out, whether it's here or when I'm visiting them, they always clarify they're getting Pepsi. I know other folks who do the opposite, folks who will drink both and folks who drink neither.

Personally I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke by a longshot and I think it would be nice if they had more variety in the park, but not a lot of places have both. It seems that one or the other corners the market for whatever theme park/ballpark/etc. it is and that's that. If it's a huge deal just bring a Pepsi with you, I guess.

I find that I tend to go for beverages I can't get outside of the park (as easily) like the Practically Perfect Punch at JHB and Mint Juleps, and carry my water bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I prefer Coke. I feel like that is a superior product. A superior place must serve a superior product. That's my opinion.
    Agreed! Pepsi isn't fizzy enough, and it's too sweet...

• Big Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    The figures shown are skewed. The sales of a product does not mean the same thing as a taste test or "liking" something. Coke ( and Pepsi, and every other soft drink company ) actively leverage retailers into carrying their product exclusively. It's a game of dirty pool to assure that your product is out there by securing rights to be at an entire chain of movie theaters, or theme parks, etc. Based on this then yes, you have high sales and justify that people "like" Coke more than Pepsi. The fact of the matter is that I hate Coke but if it's all they sell, I have no choice but to buy one if I really want a soda. ( And usually get three sips into it before tossing it out. ) But hey, the important thing is SALES and that Coke believes I "liked" it. Blech.

The Facebook preference for Coke over Pepsi seems more fair and less skewed as far as any tests go, but let's understand what's behind market shares. It's not what the public wants, it's about who leveraged what deal to be exclusively the one drink available.
    You got that right. During the 70s it was difficult to find Dr Pepper in most stores. One store employee told us that Coca Cola would not allow outlets carrying their product to carry Dr Pepper. When Dr Pepper became insolvent around 1980, Coca Cola tried to acquire it, but was prevented from doing so by the US gov'ment on antitrust grounds.

Lots of people dearly loved Dr Pepper at the time, but had a heck of a time finding it.
    Disney Fan in the Great White North

• Hooterville, USA

I'll take a Fresca please.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast