View Poll Results: Do you want Coke or Pepsi sold in the parks?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coke Only

89 63.12%
  • Pepsi Only

10 7.09%
  • Both Coke and Pepsi

42 29.79%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Why can't I buy a Pepsi inside Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    About 50% of people prefer Pepsi to Coke - I know, as a diabetic, I can only drink diet soda, and I hate Diet Coke. To me, Diet Pepsi is a far superior beverage. Diet Coke has a dreadful after taste. When I was drinking regular soda, even then I preferred Pepsi over Coke. I know Disney used to sell both Pepsi and Coke in Disneyland. The Golden Horseshoe was originally sponsored by Pepsi, while Coke Corner has always been sponsored by Coca-Cola. One thing I hate about going to Disney (one of the only things) Is the fact I cannot buy a Diet Pepsi ANYWHERE on property.
    As a Diabetic you most certainly should not be drinking Diet Anything. That chemical stuff they use in place of sugar is worse for you than sugar. Ask your Doctor and he will tell you the same thing. I was drinking Diet stuff and then found out that diabetics cannot process that imitation stuff so I went back to regular soda. Finally realized what I was doing and stopped cold turkey. I have been soda free for the past 6 months. Now I no longer crave it. If I need fizzy drinks I drink Perrier water. It has a special flavor and all the carbonation I crave but none of the bad stuff. Please do the right thing and get off any soda as fast as you can. You will feel better, lose weight and just feel so much better.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 11-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    As a Diabetic you most certainly should not be drinking Diet Anything. That chemical stuff they use in place of sugar is worse for you than sugar. Ask your Doctor and he will tell you the same thing. I was drinking Diet stuff and then found out that diabetic cannot process that imitation stuff so I went back to regular soda. Finally realized what I was doing and stopped cold turkey. I have been soda free for the past 6 months. Now I no longer crave it. If I need fizzy drinks I drink Perrier water. It has a special flavor and all the carbonation I crave but none of the bad stuff. Please do the right thing and get off any soda as fast as you can. You will feel better, lose weight and just feel so much better.
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I'll take a Fresca please.
    I'm with you!
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

I'm not sure most people really care that much. Most of the time people order a 'coke' no matter what brand it actually is. Even when the response is 'we only have Pepsi' the reply is usually 'whatever' so all that advertising money isn't probably doing much to change people's opinions

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    As a Diabetic you most certainly should not be drinking Diet Anything. That chemical stuff they use in place of sugar is worse for you than sugar. Ask your Doctor and he will tell you the same thing. I was drinking Diet stuff and then found out that diabetic cannot process that imitation stuff so I went back to regular soda. Finally realized what I was doing and stopped cold turkey. I have been soda free for the past 6 months. Now I no longer crave it. If I need fizzy drinks I drink Perrier water. It has a special flavor and all the carbonation I crave but none of the bad stuff. Please do the right thing and get off any soda as fast as you can. You will feel better, lose weight and just feel so much better.
    agreed.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Pepsi is terrible that's why it isn't in the park , but they need some dr. Pepper in the park too
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Keep the Coke products in the parks please. I usually drink Sprite, which is a Coke product. I really dislike Sierra Mist, a Pepsi product. It has an unpleasant taste and leaves a nasty after taste in my mouth.

Now we must disagree. I will never, ever drink Pepsi! It's disgusting! Diet Coke all the way. If a restaurant doesn't have Coke products, I get water, and make a mental note not to eat there again. (I'm not kidding. I don't live on soda, but when I eat out, it's a treat for me, and I'm going to go where I can get it.)

and a lot of my friends are the same way. Most prefer Coke, but even the ones that prefer Pepsi don't just say 'whatever'. If you enjoy soda, you know the difference, and it matters to you.

I'd be devastated if Coke was no longer served in the parks!

I love coke...
    For the love of Disney....

• Goofy

i like both

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

The only place I've seen both Pepsi and Coke is at Target, in their snack bar. Other than that, if you want Coke products at your restaurant, they make you agree to not have any other brand.

Fluffy Club Member

•   
    • Banned User

I'm a little surprised that an entity as big and powerful as Disney can't choose to have all drinks. If soda company "x" says "It's us or them" then Disney can just tell them to hit the bricks because they're friggen DISNEY and it's the soda companies that should be kissing their butts, not the other way around. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Fresca.... All of it.

That's all pretty good hypothetical but I know why it won't happen and it has more to do with streamlining the process to a single vendor but still, it feels like Disney is being bullied into picking one or the other. If Disney's not big enough to tell these soda companies off, then who would be?

blech! diet coke > diet pepsi! although in my opinion, diet coke > pepsi + diet pepsi + coke

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I would love Sierra Mist in the parks! A soda made without corn syrup is a winner in my book~
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Minion

I prefer Coke, but I like both. Sometimes I just feel like having a Pepsi instead (but no diet ANYTHING. Blech!). I do think it would be cool if DL offered both. Would be interesting to see which one outsells the other.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast