View Poll Results: Do you want Coke or Pepsi sold in the parks?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coke Only

89 63.12%
  • Pepsi Only

10 7.09%
  • Both Coke and Pepsi

42 29.79%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• keh!

Re: Why can't I buy a Pepsi inside Disney?

Coke all the way. Pepsi is okay sometimes, but it's much sweeter. As for Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, they're both disgusting. I've never liked the diet taste. And Coke Zero, equally gross. No it does NOT taste exactly like regular Coke.

As for preferences being 50/50. I know about 2 people who prefer Pepsi, everyone else prefers Coke.

• The doctor is in

I'm happy Coke is sold inside the parks because I personally find the taste of Pepsi disgusting. I mean, it would be nice to have Mountain Dew available but I wouldn't sacrifice being able to drink a Coca-Cola Classic inside Disneyland for that.

Most of our venues here in Colorado have contracts with Pepsi and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I'm a little surprised that an entity as big and powerful as Disney can't choose to have all drinks. If soda company "x" says "It's us or them" then Disney can just tell them to hit the bricks because they're friggen DISNEY and it's the soda companies that should be kissing their butts, not the other way around. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Fresca.... All of it.

That's all pretty good hypothetical but I know why it won't happen and it has more to do with streamlining the process to a single vendor but still, it feels like Disney is being bullied into picking one or the other. If Disney's not big enough to tell these soda companies off, then who would be?
    I wish it was that easy. I doubt Disney is getting bullied. Coca-Cola is probably paying big bucks to get their name all over the park. They don't want Pepsi coming in with them. They pay to be the only beverage provider of Disney Parks. I'm pretty sure other beverage companies would be the same way. So, If Disney wants these big beverage companies to coincide in the same venue, Disney could be left abandoned from both sides.

It isn't bullying. It's a contract agreement among two companies.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    On Facebook, Coke has 54 million likes; Pepsi has 9 million.

From Wikipedia: Pepsi was knocked to third place behind Coca-Cola and Diet Coke, Diet Coke outsold Pepsi in 2010. Coca-Cola sold 1.6 billion cases of its regular soda and 927 million cases of its diet soda, while Pepsi sold only 892 million cases.

You may not enjoy the taste of Coke, but America does, significantly more than Pepsi.
    No, it actually doesn't. When you break down the numbers to where people have a choice - grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations, etc. - Pepsi outsells Coke (but Diet Coke outsells Diet Pepsi). Pepsi is actually the best selling soft drink at grocery stores nationwide.

Coke dominates restraint and facility exclusivity contracts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    No, it actually doesn't. When you break down the numbers to where people have a choice - grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations, etc. - Pepsi outsells Coke (but Diet Coke outsells Diet Pepsi). Pepsi is actually the best selling soft drink at grocery stores nationwide.

Coke dominates restraint and facility exclusivity contracts, though.
    Interesting...can you please provide a source for this breakdown?

• I'm from Canada eh!

I find it funny that people always need to be at odds on something. Simple solution, bring your own beverage if you are so put off by the taste of coke.

I'd say the results of the poll included in this.... and the Starbucks tread... prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Interesting...can you please provide a source for this breakdown?
    I'll see if I can find one. Break downs of soda sales aren't the easiest thing to find.

Pepsi leads in what the beverage industry considers the take home sales market. It has led Coke since the late 1970s, and it was Pepsi's surge in popularity in the late 1970s and it overtaking Coke in take home sales that led to New Coke.

And, of course, there is always a regional preference too. Here in SoCal, I'd say without a doubt, Coke dominates among consumers. But there are areas like South Florida, Appalachia, upstate New York and Quebec/Atlantic Canada where Pepsi dominates. Pepsi also dominates in Utah and the upper western states. Coke dominates the traditional South, the Pacific Coast and Southwest, while Dr. Pepper leads in Texas.

• Tourist

I think the last time I had a Pepsi at DL was at the Golden Horseshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    I'll see if I can find one. Break downs of soda sales aren't the easiest thing to find.

Pepsi leads in what the beverage industry considers the take home sales market. It has led Coke since the late 1970s, and it was Pepsi's surge in popularity in the late 1970s and it overtaking Coke in take home sales that led to New Coke.

And, of course, there is always a regional preference too. Here in SoCal, I'd say without a doubt, Coke dominates among consumers. But there are areas like South Florida, Appalachia, upstate New York and Quebec/Atlantic Canada where Pepsi dominates. Pepsi also dominates in Utah and the upper western states. Coke dominates the traditional South, the Pacific Coast and Southwest, while Dr. Pepper leads in Texas.
    Sorry. I suspect the reason your are having difficulty finding break downs of soda sales in the "take home sales market" is that that date does not Exist. I certainly could not find anything that hinted to what you said. Regardless of the reason, Coke beats Pepsi both in US sales and World wide sales. It is not 50/50 in sales. Coke is the number one selling beverage, and Diet coke is number 2. An internet search on the search engine of your choice will find lots of date that support this. Pepsi the company is doing well and from a stock performance may be in a position to out perform Coke, the company, due to its diversification of products.

But again, is a very solid sales leader and market dominate product. Still, I don't know what point this proves though, as there was a time that both Coke and Pepsi existed in the park. Is everything that Disney offers the dominate product in its field? no. I think at this point, Coke and Disney have just built a long standing relationship that has served both nicely. It fairly entrenched now in the cultures of both corporations and is not likely to change regardless of sales out side of Disney's theme parks.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 11-11-2012 at 12:58 AM.

A good question to ask is why restaurants & parks only serve diet cola drinks. Where is the choice for people who want a diet soda but not a cola?

My husband is the only person I know who really likes Pepsi. I prefer Coke by a long shot, but I'll drink Pepsi sometimes. My favorite is Dr Pepper.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I wanna' know why I can't get Dr. Pepper inside the Disney parks? That's the drink I like best!! Forget the Pepsi's and the cokes! I'm a Pepper!!!

• AKA - DisneyChris

Disney does not pay one cent for its soft drinks - Coke not only pays them for advertising, but they supply all their stock at no charge. Disney makes 100% profit on soda, and then charges double what it would cost to buy a soda outside the parks. It is a real racket, and Disney makes a bloody fortune on soda. I don't complain though, because it all goes back into the quality of the parks. But I wish they would strike up a deal with Pepsi too, that is all I am saying. I doubt that would ever happen though, because of the sweet deal they have with Coke. Pun intended.

HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    A good question to ask is why restaurants & parks only serve diet cola drinks. Where is the choice for people who want a diet soda but not a cola?
    The fountains have what sells the most.

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Disney does not pay one cent for its soft drinks - Coke not only pays them for advertising, but they supply all their stock at no charge. Disney makes 100% profit on soda, and then charges double what it would cost to buy a soda outside the parks. It is a real racket, and Disney makes a bloody fortune on soda. I don't complain though, because it all goes back into the quality of the parks. But I wish they would strike up a deal with Pepsi too, that is all I am saying. I doubt that would ever happen though, because of the sweet deal they have with Coke. Pun intended.
    This is probably a big reason why Coke doesn't want Pepsi in the parks. Coke is most likely doing this for the advertisement of their products. Letting Pepsi in would ruin their opportunity to advertise and provide the free syrup to Disney.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast