View Poll Results: Do you want Coke or Pepsi sold in the parks?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coke Only

89 63.12%
  • Pepsi Only

10 7.09%
  • Both Coke and Pepsi

42 29.79%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Why can't I buy a Pepsi inside Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback, which are now permanent flavor options, also use real sugar instead of HFCS, and they are available everywhere. Coke does not offer this option in the American market except for very brief periods in small markets.

Because of this, Disneyland should offer Pepsi Throwback.

https://www.facebook.com/pepsithrowback
    Yes except you can get Mexican Coke pretty much everywhere. Most Kroger stores carry it, Fred Meyer, QFC, etc. Costco as well. So in a way Coke does offer the option of sugar soda.

---------- Post added 11-20-2012 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Coke that is kosher for Passover uses cane sugar instead of HFC too. It has yellow caps.

The Coke produced in the Cleveland bottling plant also uses sugar.

Since since both are bottled in the USA in the regular plastic bottles they could certainly have it in Disneyland and for a price they would probably be willing to do it year round.
    I don't think I have ever seen sugar coke in plastic. I had no idea they bottled sugar coke in the US, due to HFCS being cheaper than sugar. I havn't seen the yellow caps either. Where do you get these? Is it something I could pick up at say Fred Meyer like Mexican Coke?
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen sugar coke in plastic. I had no idea they bottled sugar coke in the US, due to HFCS being cheaper than sugar. I havn't seen the yellow caps either. Where do you get these? Is it something I could pick up at say Fred Meyer like Mexican Coke?
    You should be able to find it in regular stores, yes. I've always seen it just about everywhere, starting about a month before Passover and up to a month after. Pepsi also makes a Kosher for Passover version, although now with Throwback they might have stopped.

Some places will label it "Kosher for Passover" but some will just have it on the shelves, and the only way you will know is because of the yellow caps. Tthe bottle/label/cap will always say Kosher for Passover specifically. Coke made during the year with HFCS is considered Kosher normally, but during Passover the rules get stricter and the corn syrup is considered to be leavened bread or grain, I think, which is why it gets swapped out for sugar).

Name:  image_kosherforpassovercoke6.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  34.7 KB

Having said that I don't know if every part of the country carries it, ie, if it's something that every bottler does. I've always seen it in New York and L.A., and I'd imagine that one wouldn't have an issue finding it in other large urban centers and areas with a Jewish presence. If you live out in the country in an area without a Jewish community/market for this, I don't know if they would have it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I like Coke more than Pepsi, but I like Diet Pepsi more than Diet Coke.

Go figure.
    Have you tired Coke Zero? (which is available in the park at most fountain locations)
    Coke Zero is basically "diet coke classic", tastes like a real coke, and no aftertaste.

• Banned User

Interesting info: HFCS was introduced into the soft drink industry due to a couple of huge increases in the price of sugar in the mid-70s and early 80s, but since the mid-80s, the price of sugar has pretty much stabilized to a level below 20 cents per pound, although lately there have been some increases again, and the price currently is at about 20 cents a pound. However, this is still much less than the price it spiked to in the 70s and 80s.

Price of sugar, Jan 1955 - Nov 2012 -

Fun fact: chewing on raw sugar cane is actually GOOD for your teeth.

• Banned User

I'm doing my best to not get involved, especially since we're just a bit off topic, but this HFCS thing has always been a hot button of mine. If I take one sip from anything with HFCS in it I get really, really ill. Needless to say, I've gotten curious and done a lot of reading on it over the years.

The chart above is right. There's no real cost related problems that required changing from sugar to HFCS but that's the rumor that they try to keep going continuously based on a brief slice of time when it was correct. The real issue seems to be more of the money of the corn industry and those that hold patents on various corn kernels which are now some copyrighted product.

In short, it serves someone else's bottom line to make financial deals with big soft drink suppliers to assure we get fed all the HFCS we can handle. Look for the smaller owned companies ( Jones comes to mind ) if you want real sugar. Even Coke and Pepsi have dodged the partnerships with the corn industry by releasing Throwback and Mexican Coke but those are regarded as novelty more than the standard.

• Disney Scribe

My father in law, who loves Pepsi, found a woman drinking Pepsi and marched up to her pleading to know where she had bought it on Disney Property, she felt so sorry for him, she gave him a spare bottle she had!!! She had brought them in with her of course.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789