Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are fastpass return times being enforced?

A little time ago I remember hearing that fastpass return times were going to start being enforced soon. Has this started or was this just a rumor?

Re: Are fastpass return times being enforced?

I have been wondering about this as well. The following is from the the Al Lutz blog dated October 16:

"Use it or lose it…"

"Another required piece of the coming NextGen program will roll out next month at both Disneyland and DCA. That’s when Cast Members at attractions will insist that anyone using Fastpass must return during their assigned one hour window, and they will stop letting people show up hours late for their Fastpass time. This change has already occurred at Disney World, and after a decade of ignoring the rules it was a tough message to deliver even though most of their visitors are tourists.

Extra signage and as much communication as possible will be used to try and get the word out at Disneyland and DCA, but the goal is to roll this out by Thanksgiving and then end the grace period of bending the rules by this Christmas. Wish those CM’s luck! As if they didn’t have enough problems with parking and cancelled Christmas parties and trying to carve out a little respect from TDA suits, they’ll be forced to play the role of Grinch this year and not let anyone show up late for their Fastpass appointment."

I will be in the parks next weekend, and am hoping that the changes won't be in place by then. Since it sounds like there will be "extra signage and as much communication as possible," I expect there will be posts about this as soon as it happens.

If any cast members happen to know more about if and when they will start enforcing this policy, that information would be really appreciated!

• La Reine Lézard

I've heard that this month is a "leniency period" and that they're going to be enforced in December. Last Sunday we used a fastpass with the return time of 12:30pm right before closing and had no trouble!

Ooh, helpful! Thanks!

This is good info. I forgot that this was the month "leniency period". We havent been to DLR since our Halloween Party and was wondering if there were any changes implemented yet. Im leaving in a few days and didn't want any suprises.

Any CM's want to chime in on this?

• -

Hopefully soon.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• My Children's Father

As of two weeks ago (my last visit), CMs were telling me I could come back up to 5 minutes before the first time listed and any time after.

I wonder if management will give their CMs adequate warning in how to handle guests that are not compliant.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Not as of yesterday. However on RSR we always came within our time.

• a damsel not in distress

i'm hoping that by our december trip the times will be enforced. i understand the ease of being able to use them pretty much when you want, but it's pretty annoying waiting in an hour long fastpass line when your party is outside the ride waiting with a baby, which is what happened to us on splash mountain last time.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• The doctor is in

All that fuss and they still aren't being enforced.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by fearmeloveme View Post
    I've heard that this month is a "leniency period" and that they're going to be enforced in December. Last Sunday we used a fastpass with the return time of 12:30pm right before closing and had no trouble!
    If it isn't being communicated to guests right now, then there is no "leniency period". If there is no cummunication to guests, it is the same as it has always been.

At this point and time, there is no grace period or warning period. All indications are that Al has over sensationalized another hot topic. There may have been some buzz at TDA, and I am sure it is coming, but Al has been off his mark nearly all year. I think his sources aren't what they used to be? I am not bashing him (and besides, his skin is thicker than this I'm sure), but I am just trying to find a reason why so many topics and predictions haven't come to pass, and how he got "scooped" on a few things by other sites this year. While he is fun to read, his accuracey isn't as great as it once was.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• La Reine Lézard

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    If it isn't being communicated to guests right now, then there is no "leniency period". If there is no cummunication to guests, it is the same as it has always been.
    I've read stories of guest being warned after returning late that return times are going to be enforced in December and then other stories of guests getting turned away 15 minutes after the time frame.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by fearmeloveme View Post
    I've read stories of guest being warned after returning late that return times are going to be enforced in December and then other stories of guests getting turned away 15 minutes after the time frame.
    That is great news. Was it on MC?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

•   
    • Minion

all speculation at this point still. I would imagine there will be signs in the park like WDW did and they will show up here within a minute of being put up

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    all speculation at this point still. I would imagine there will be signs in the park like WDW did and they will show up here within a minute of being put up
    Yes to this!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast