• Musical Fireman

Possibility of Kirk Wall to pick up his six shooters and carpet bag!!:))

I sent an email to Jan Vincent who made the Golden Horseshoe Revue and Billy Hill and the Hillbillies tribute sites and she replied with some interesting information. She mentioned that the Billies and potentially the Laughing Stock co are rehearsing for the Revue revival. Since Kirk Wall is a Plays Billy Hill himself and Disney was smart he could potentially return to his roots!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Possibility of Kirk Wall to pick up his six shooters and carpet bag!!:))

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Since Kirk Wall is a Plays Billy Hill himself and Disney was smart he could potentially return to his roots!!!

What does this mean? What's his roots?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

It's coming back for a one month run as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. Nothing more than that.

Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    What does this mean? What's his roots?
    He got his start at Disneyland as Wally Boag's sub and stayed with the show until the end.

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    It's coming back for a one month run as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. Nothing more than that.

Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off
    I know, I posted this as rumor since I got it through an email with a person who knows the Billies. I think is a really good possibility since he was a part of the original show and thus much easier to cast the Traveling Salesman/Pecos Bill performer.

"THAT'S R

Oh no, now another reason to make another trip to DLand! I would LOVE to see Kirk in the Golden Horseshoe review LMT shows. He's my favorite entertainer in Disneyland and watching him in a different role would be awesome.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

If anyone would know, it would be Jan! Wonderful lady who by the way has beaten cancer this last year!!!

I know they have hired one of the singing cowgirls from the Big Thunder Ranch to be the female lead. And I also know they will have can can girls. Now if they get Kirk to do the Wally Boag routine like he used to, that will just be icing on the cake! And the Laughing Stock guys are great actors and ad libbers so I'm just really looking forward to this.

• Musical Fireman

THAT'S TERRIFIC!!!! Oh boy I can't believe this is happening before I graduate. Can-Can dancers (I'm glad Disney is ignoring sue-happy PC's) flirtatious leading ladies, Irish tenors, and a great comedian to boot!!! This is gonna give the Calico Saloon Show a run for it's money, look out Dakota Dan and Cameo Kate make way for Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue!!! I think this is really the only part of the Limited Time Magic that will matter to most fans.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA (then down to The Golden Horseshoe)

"THAT'S R

I wonder how this is going to work out with the Billie and the Hillbillies show. Does this mean they will stay back at the Thunder Ranch indefinitely? Looks to me like maybe they are feeling out keeping a new Revue in the Horsehoe and leaving the Billies in the Ranch. This would be fine with me. When they were first moved back there, I didn't like the idea, but after seeing them there, I think its a fine venue for them. And I would love to have the Revue back! in the Golden Horseshoe! permanently! (keeping fingers crossed....)

I was trying real hard to stay away from the parks for at last a year after my AP expires, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen now!
    Last edited by GraceLovesGoofy; 11-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

I'm sure I saw a date for the LMT Golden Horseshoe review as beginning Jan 6 (?) but I can't find it anywhere now. Did I dream up the date?

• Musical Fireman

I'm pretty sure your right, Disney will announce dates soon maybe around the holidays. I'm really getting excited for the show hopefully the project is lead by people who share our opinions on the show and not some Major Frank Burns calling the shots.

"THAT'S R

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    THAT'S TERRIFIC!!!! Oh boy I can't believe this is happening before I graduate. Can-Can dancers (I'm glad Disney is ignoring sue-happy PC's) flirtatious leading ladies, Irish tenors, and a great comedian to boot!!! This is gonna give the Calico Saloon Show a run for it's money, look out Dakota Dan and Cameo Kate make way for Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue!!! I think this is really the only part of the Limited Time Magic that will matter to most fans.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of ol' Main Street USA (then down to The Golden Horseshoe)

I expect they're planning some cool events that haven't been announced yet. (
    Forgive me for mentioning my desire to see restored 360 Circlevision films, "America the Beautiful" and "Magic Carpet 'Round the World.")

SparkChaser, thanks for starting this thread and for all of your Golden Horseshoe Revue enthusiasm! Please keep us informed of any updates from Jan Vincent.

I've never seen Kirk Wall ever fail to give a show his best shot. He has been one of Southern California's best entertainers for a while and Disneyland is lucky to have him. (I hope he's well compensated.)

I'm a huge Knott's fan and I love their summer Calico Saloon show. And Knott's saloon theater might be more authentically western (I have no idea), but the Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Review theaters are much bigger and better.

Remember how we all used to rush to the Golden Horseshoe theaters after the park opened and make reservations for shows later that day? I wouldn't mind if they did that again, but it could be a bit of a Who concert if there are thousands of folks like you, me, and Wendygirl. I might pass on the first official week. I really hope that if it's a huge hit in January, that they will announce that it will run through the summer. (Then I want it to go on for a few more decades.)

The Jungle Cruise CM's shared a break area with the Golden Horseshoe entertainers, though they had a private area just for them too. I was surprised how much a couple of the Golden Horseshoe entertainers LOVED to entertain, even backstage. I told the MC how much I enjoyed his performances and he responded by enthusiastically shaking my hand and saying how happy he was to meet an intelligent person.

I don't expect to hear any PC objections to the can can dancers. I'd think the take-a-wench-for-a-bride auction scene in POTC would be seen as a mountain of misogyny when contrasted with the can can dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    If anyone would know, it would be Jan! Wonderful lady who by the way has beaten cancer this last year!!!

I know they have hired one of the singing cowgirls from the Big Thunder Ranch to be the female lead. And I also know they will have can can girls. Now if they get Kirk to do the Wally Boag routine like he used to, that will just be icing on the cake! And the Laughing Stock guys are great actors and ad libbers so I'm just really looking forward to this.

Thanks, Wendygirl! Yee-haw! I hope it's the big thunder woman I'm thinking of--she would be GREAT!
    (I have a thing for smart, strong, confident, beautiful women.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-22-2012 at 11:05 PM.

I'm also hoping the LMT show in the Golden Horseshoe is a big hit! Makes sense to me that the powers that be would consider keeping the show around if it gets a lot of positive response. I mean, now that Billy Hill is bringing folks back to the Jamboree pretty steadily, there is the opening for a new show in the Horseshoe.

And besides, thats what Walt built the GH for in the first place...a great western musical variety show!

(keeping fingers crossed)

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Once we know the dates for sure, we will be making the trip to see the show. Quite excited about it!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Musical Fireman

I think were ALL excited about the show. Anyone who is not will be deemed a traitor and put the Pressler Stockade and be pelted with licked churros.

"THAT'S R