Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: "Saving Mr. Banks" and its most Epic FAIL!

The sunglasses are probably just for between takes.

For the badges...well...it's one of those things I wouldn't notice if someone didn't point it out to me. If nothing else, it's going to give people something to add to the "Goofs" section at the film's IMDB entry, and something to look for in the film.

• Minion

Here is my two cents: You will notice things that are not right in this movie. When your obsession is Disney and you know the history front and back, you will notices errors. It's like the movies about history, or say since I work in an airplane I noticed things in Flight that would probably never happen or aren't correct. Does that take away, maybe a bit for me. Will it for the 99.9% of the other people watching the film, most likely not.
    Jeff Wayne

• Parking Lot > DCA

MiceChat, wake up and smell the sarcasm.

• I'm not really here

There was enough sarcasm in the OP to level an army. Surprised so few picked up on it. The smiley at the end alone should have given it away.

A truly beautiful postful of snark Sosai X.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Really, what qualifications do you have to judge any of the production design on this film? The decision very well could have been INTENTIONAL. Designers are always bending truth and making design choices like these. Often small details like this are rendered, screen tested, etc, many different ways until they decide what looks best on film and what is the most cohesive look for the overall feel of the piece. There's a million potential reasons they could have been eliminated, their reflective quality, for instance, may have made outdoor shooting too challenging.
    Disney too, takes some creative license with it's details for the sake of creating a cohesive whole... Main Street is not 100% authentic, nor would you find a Polynesian tiki room, and congo cruise in the same jungle.... but it works. That's what's important.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There was enough sarcasm in the OP to level an army. Surprised so few picked up on it. The smiley at the end alone should have given it away.

A truly beautiful postful of snark Sosai X.
    Sarcasm and the internet (more specificaly, the typed word) dont usually get a long too well.

And the fact that this is Mice Chat, this could have been a completly serious post
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    And the fact that this is Mice Chat, this could have been a completly serious post
    Yeah, but posts that are actually angry rarely end with a giant smiley face. Just saying.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

If you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, THAT was an epic fail.

I doubt the average moviegoer will actually give a damn. The only people that will care will be us, who actually know what the place looked like in the 50s.

I know that they won't get everything. That's usually a given.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I doubt the average moviegoer will actually give a damn. The only people that will care will be us, who actually know what the place looked like in the 50s.

I know that they won't get everything. That's usually a given.
    I'm sure Disneyland plays a very small part in the film anyway. They would have filmed more than a couple days otherwise. Stuff like that can end up on the cutting room floor before it's done.

does it even matter ?
    i dont think so, its not like they are gonna be zooming in on the name tags

I'm guessing that they aren't filming very much just because of that. Disneyland has changed too much to make many parts usable in the movie. To me, the plastic name tags are close enough.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    Really, what qualifications do you have to judge any of the production design on this film? The decision very well could have been INTENTIONAL. Designers are always bending truth and making design choices like these. Often small details like this are rendered, screen tested, etc, many different ways until they decide what looks best on film and what is the most cohesive look for the overall feel of the piece. There's a million potential reasons they could have been eliminated, their reflective quality, for instance, may have made outdoor shooting too challenging.
    Disney too, takes some creative license with it's details for the sake of creating a cohesive whole... Main Street is not 100% authentic, nor would you find a Polynesian tiki room, and congo cruise in the same jungle.... but it works. That's what's important.
    Again. Sarcasm. Good God.

In the draft of the screenplay I read, the Disneyland sequence ran less than two pages, and took place mostly on the Carousel. These badges might not even be visible at all in the final edit.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I really don't think that people are getting the sarcasm....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast