Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: "Saving Mr. Banks" and its most Epic FAIL!

Like I said...the sarcasm is not being recognized here...no matter how obvious it is...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Every post in this thread should have been written in comic sans.
    Fight On! Beat the Irish!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

They SO need to leave those attraction posters up for a long time.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I was thinking on my drive to work this morning that if they're filming mostly near the carousel, what are they going to do about the music? You can't have a movie based in Walt's day and all of a sudden you hear "You've Got A Freind In Me" playing in the background.

• Parking Lot > DCA

And my faith in humanity decreases yet again..

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    what are they going to do about the music? You can't have a movie based in Walt's day and all of a sudden you hear "You've Got A Freind In Me" playing in the background.
    Very rarely do films actually use the audio captured at the time of filming. Actors come in towards the end and do ADR (Additional Dialog Recording), audio is mixed and created for the film etc. Films with parties, there is no music, people dancing to nothing, music gets layered in later.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I was thinking on my drive to work this morning that if they're filming mostly near the carousel, what are they going to do about the music? You can't have a movie based in Walt's day and all of a sudden you hear "You've Got A Freind In Me" playing in the background.
    You can, you know, probably turn the music off....

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    I think the epic fail is the fact that Nanny McPhee is playing the part of P.L. Travers
    When asked how long it took for make-up artists to turn her into Nanny McPhee, she responded, "It took a disturbingly short time to turn me into a hag."

I'm more likely to see a movie if one of my favorite actors, the beautiful Emma Thompson, is in it. She's been nominated for acting Oscars twice and her adaptation of "Sense and Sensibility" earned her a well-deserved Academy Award.

Did you recognize her in some of the Harry Potter movies?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-14-2012 at 06:28 AM.

• Minion

So we are supposed to know that this thread is sarcastic in tone because of the little smiley on the bottom with it's tongue out? Ya um ok.
    Jeff Wayne

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    So we are supposed to know that this thread is sarcastic in tone because of the little smiley on the bottom with it's tongue out? Ya um ok.
    Yes. The smiley should have helped you indicate "Hey, maybe this isn't a serious post!" It's clearly a joke. If you have been on MiceChat for a decent period of time, you should know the OP knows pretty much everything there is to know about name tags from the park. Now obviously, there is some info in the thread about name tags and the time period - but also at the end of the post, in huge lettering said that he could not watch the movie now, followed by a smiley face, indicating that he was joking, but at the same time informing us about the incorrect name tags. In other words, poking some fun and spreading some knowledge.

I know that having a sense of humor on the Internet is hard, but people need to lighten up a little bit.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Every post in this thread should have been written in comic sans.
    I agree

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Yes. The smiley should have helped you indicate "Hey, maybe this isn't a serious post!" It's clearly a joke. If you have been on MiceChat for a decent period of time, you should know the OP knows pretty much everything there is to know about name tags from the park. Now obviously, there is some info in the thread about name tags and the time period - but also at the end of the post, in huge lettering said that he could not watch the movie now, followed by a smiley face, indicating that he was joking, but at the same time informing us about the incorrect name tags. In other words, poking some fun and spreading some knowledge.

I know that having a sense of humor on the Internet is hard, but people need to lighten up a little bit.
    I agree that it's cool to have a sense of humor. This is Micechat after all and it isn't the first thing I'd expect for someone to be making a joke. And I know sarcasm pretty well...
    Jeff Wayne

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I know that having a sense of humor on the Internet is hard...
    People didn't seem to have much trouble getting sarcasm in other forms of written communication which existed before the Internet. I suspect some peoples' senses of humor just aren't as good as they would like to believe.

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    No...you're supposed to know it's sarcasm because of the tone of the writing.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    You can, you know, probably turn the music off....
    You must really give up this radicle line of thinking. Ideas like that are just too out there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456