Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: 3 day & higher tickets...

Kids don't need to bring IDs, leave thier passports or birth certificates at home.
    Adults will need ID to verify that thier name is the same as written on thier tickets.
    It's like when you are checking into a flight.

If you get tickets you will be asked to sign them when picking them up or when first entering the parks. This is currently for guests with 4 or 5 day tickets.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by crankypage View Post
    Personally, I'll have an ID on me when I need it (driving, airport) just didn't consider the Happiest Place on Earth to be one of those high intensity zones lol!
    So what happens when you are somewhere alone, without you ID, and you get injured? You'd rather end up being John Doe at the hospital than just carry your ID with you? Now, there is no law in CA saying that you MUST have an ID on you, but failing to produce one when asked for by a law enforcement officer opens up another can of worms. But the main gate at Disneyland isn't staffed by police officers, so... Worst they can do is turn you away.

Personally, I ALWAYS have some form of ID on me at ALL TIMES when out of the house. More often than not, I have 2 or 3 forms of ID. And I have had that on me since I think middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Kids don't need to bring IDs, leave thier passports or birth certificates at home.
    Adults will need ID to verify that thier name is the same as written on thier tickets.
    It's like when you are checking into a flight.

If you get tickets you will be asked to sign them when picking them up or when first entering the parks. This is currently for guests with 4 or 5 day tickets.
    Does this seem ridiculous to anyone but me? entrance to DLR = ! getting on a plane?
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    They should have an AP entrance. Didn't they use to have one of those? If they had their own line again that would at least cut down the other lines a bit.
    That would be amazing but we'd need more than one :-P

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    Does this seem ridiculous to anyone but me? entrance to DLR = ! getting on a plane?
    A bit...
    For the love of Disney....

• The doctor is in

I don't understand the fuss over showing an ID, tbh. I have to show an ID to get to work, you get carded at the airport, you can get carded at concerts, you are carded to vote, etc.. People are making it sound like showing ID to verify your Disneyland tickets are really yours is the end of the world.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not knowing what the rules are, or the correct procedure makes people upset. People like to be prepared for a situation. They don't like being taken by surprise. It can create unforseen problems that might not be easily solved.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Not knowing what the rules are, or the correct procedure makes people upset. People like to be prepared for a situation. They don't like being taken by surprise. It can create unforseen problems that might not be easily solved.

Bingo.
    The tickets need to indicate this. As of this post, I don't think they do. It is not SOP to have to show ID at a themepark in the USA. I know many family members who would rather leave a passport or pic ID in the hotel room safe.

Having a few CMs shouting that all multiday tix need ID and having [now] NO signs is quite bone-headed IMO for DLR to do this.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• The doctor is in

Maybe they should start putting noticeable disclaimers when you buy your tickets so people are prepared. Or flat out print on the tickets "you must have a photo ID present to enter the park."
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

They should have an AP entrance. Didn't they use to have one of those? If they had their own line again that would at least cut down the other lines a bit.
    Just got home from 3 day trip. We went to City Hall last night to complain about the lines to get in. I'll be following up online shortly as the cast member suggested. We tend to move from park to park a few times a day and I have never encountered such consistently long lines to get in. I would guess that every third party does not have id out and the cast members have them signing their tickets and explaining how it works.
    The cast member at City Hall agreed that the system is not working and she had numerous complaints before us. It's ok a few times but becomes really annoying after a few days. I agree that they need to have an annual pass line but that doesn't solve the problem. Something should be happening at the point of purchase. Attaching a photo to a bar code cant be that hard. For online tickets, let them upload a picture from home and those that buy in person just take their photo in the esplanade
    Cruise ships do it on a smaller scale. But not that smaller considering that it wouldnt be needed for annual pass holders.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    Just got home from 3 day trip. We went to City Hall last night to complain about the lines to get in. I'll be following up online shortly as the cast member suggested. We tend to move from park to park a few times a day and I have never encountered such consistently long lines to get in. I would guess that every third party does not have id out and the cast members have them signing their tickets and explaining how it works.
    The cast member at City Hall agreed that the system is not working and she had numerous complaints before us. It's ok a few times but becomes really annoying after a few days. I agree that they need to have an annual pass line but that doesn't solve the problem. Something should be happening at the point of purchase. Attaching a photo to a bar code cant be that hard. For online tickets, let them upload a picture from home and those that buy in person just take their photo in the esplanade
    Cruise ships do it on a smaller scale. But not that smaller considering that it wouldnt be needed for annual pass holders.

They currently use the Photopass photographers to take new AP photos. I don't see why they couldn't have all multi day ticket holders have their photo taken and attached to their ticket like an AP.

• My Children's Father

I blame the ticket rental places.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Will the ID checks impact the future RFID ticket procedure (?), which is the self-check in style with fewer CMs. I felt that self check-in is ripe for abuse. Since they are clamping down on fradulent use of multi-day passes, it doesn't make sense to use an honor system.

Something needs to change in the way Disney is handling this procedure change. I agree with the idea behind the change as an effort to curb ticket rental places, but the execution is terrible.

My family and I were in the parks Nov 4-8 with 5 day park hoppers. Had I not been reading up on MiceChat (thanks btw), I never would have known about the need for ID and let my family know to bring their picture IDs and six people would have had to return to their hotels to get ID on day one. The other issue is that the lines were crazy long and took forever to process. Other members of our group had APs and got in very quickly, despite their lines being longer than ours at certain points. It honestly felt like we were being punished for wanting to spend more time/money with Disneyland. The other issue was that CMs didn't seem to know what was going on either. One morning, we arrived at DCA 1.5 hours before opening so we could be near the front. We were about 15 people from the gate. All other lines were allegedly for Magic Mornings and started letting people in at 9. Once those lines cleared, people from our lines started going to empty turnstiles and were let in. My mother in law asked what was happening and the CM told her that they were letting everyone in all gates due to the inconvenience. Yet, they had not opened the gates for the designated 4 and 5 day ticket holders. They then told the back of our line they could go in all lines, so we were still behind getting in to the park. You could ask five different CMs what was going on and get five different answers.

We were fuming at the time, but reflecting back, it was still a great vacation. However, complaining has so far yielded apologies and a few perks that don't expire. I think the system will change quickly to something more efficient, but it just didn't strike us that it was very well researched and planned in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast