Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3 day & higher tickets...

You need to have your ID ready at the gate!!!

there are no longer 2 separate lines for 4 day and higher passes.

People with 3 day and higher have been holding up the lines by not being ready at the front.

Each person should hold their own ticket & ID. It speeds up the process.

• The doctor is in

Re: 3 day & higher tickets...

Maybe the bag check areas you pass through before reaching the gates should have reminders that guests who hold a 3+ day pass need to have ID ready?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

What do they do if a guest don't have/can't produce an ID? I don't habitually carry one, particularly on vacation. My teenager does not have one and might want the freedom to come and go from the park. Obviously the younger kids won't have ID either, although they'll be with adults as they come and go from the park.

I mean, are they really turning people away who don't have ID?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Maybe the bag check areas you pass through before reaching the gates should have reminders that guests who hold a 3+ day pass need to have ID ready?
    "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

• a damsel not in distress

when did they start enforcing the need for an id? when we went back in june, the only person who needed an id was my brother-in-law, and that was to show he was an active military person.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by crankypage View Post
    I mean, are they really turning people away who don't have ID?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    when did they start enforcing the need for an id? when we went back in june, the only person who needed an id was my brother-in-law, and that was to show he was an active military person.
    Because he was using military tickets he was asked for military ID.

Otherwise just a couple weeks ago they started checking ID's for holders of 4 and 5 day tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes.
    Wow. My 15-year-old is going to be upset that she can't get into the park without being with her Mommy or Daddy! So much for staying on property if we have to be in a caravan anyway, might as well stay somewhere nicer (and for much less). I'm going to call the DL Hotel desk and ask - if this policy is for real, maybe I can talk the family into staying off property. Woo hoo! (Daddy can't take that much Disney.)
    "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A recent family event has had a positive effect on my grandson. He never felt the need to carry his ID. That is, until he was in Florida with his mom, and he wanted to travel on an airplane by himself, and didn't have his. You see they drove to Florida, and in a hurry the ID was left at home. After calling the airline he was allowed on the plane, but he had to undergo being searched before he boarded the plane. Well, anyway, he now never goes anywhere without his ID. He even finally bought a wallet. There comes a time, when people have to be prepared for everything that might possibly go wrong. It's a much different world today. Full of all kinds of weird scenarios that I for one never thought I'd see.

I am assuming that the Id is not needed for my two children? I don't have to bring their passports to the parks do I?

• The doctor is in

I would imagine children under a certain age don't require an ID as long as they are with a ticket holder possessing an ID.

One simple solution to have your kids in the park without you is to walk to the gates with them and then leave. Inconvenient? Sure, but it gets them in.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I was at the parks today and I saw them carding 2-Day tickets as well. Line to get in to the parks are now slower than ever.

I'm not sure the fact that we're training kids to "carry their papers" is a positive effect, but that's getting off topic. My problem is I'm not sure what ID my 15-year-old could carry if she wanted to...

Personally, I'll have an ID on me when I need it (driving, airport) just didn't consider the Happiest Place on Earth to be one of those high intensity zones lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    A recent family event has had a positive effect on my grandson. He never felt the need to carry his ID. That is, until he was in Florida with his mom, and he wanted to travel on an airplane by himself, and didn't have his. You see they drove to Florida, and in a hurry the ID was left at home. After calling the airline he was allowed on the plane, but he had to undergo being searched before he boarded the plane. Well, anyway, he now never goes anywhere without his ID. He even finally bought a wallet. There comes a time, when people have to be prepared for everything that might possibly go wrong. It's a much different world today. Full of all kinds of weird scenarios that I for one never thought I'd see.

• some assembly required

No one has posted a pic of the new sign saying 2 day and 3 day tickets need ID. The only pics have been of signs for ID for 4 and 5 day tickets.

Anyone have a pic of the new sign? If there IS NO new sign, then yes, the lines should be slow since carding for 2 and 3 day tickets is totally new!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

All signage is gone. They did however have Castmembers in the esplanade making announcements that all multi day ticket holders would need to have IDs ready.

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by crankypage View Post
    I'm not sure the fact that we're training kids to "carry their papers" is a positive effect, but that's getting off topic. My problem is I'm not sure what ID my 15-year-old could carry if she wanted to...
    most high schools issue school ids; does your daughter have one?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Avid MC reader since 2005

They should have an AP entrance. Didn't they use to have one of those? If they had their own line again that would at least cut down the other lines a bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast