Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Carthay Circle Dinner and Xmas Decorations

Neat report! I am glad Duffy is also welcome at the Carthay Circle Theater restaurant.

Glad you like the rib eye ravioli -- really delicious! And about the wait time, even with a reservation, that seems to be the norm at CCR (and at Napa Rose, too). We always have a reservation and we've had to wait a while each time. Just a heads up for those who will eat there in the future -- factor in a wait time (and bring something to amuse the kids and maybe a small snack) so you don't get caught off guard.

From all the pictures everyone has posted of the different food offerings at the Carthay I have never seen one thing that has looked anything but delicious. Gotta try it out soon as I get the AP for '13.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    Glad you like the rib eye ravioli -- really delicious! And about the wait time, even with a reservation, that seems to be the norm at CCR (and at Napa Rose, too). We always have a reservation and we've had to wait a while each time. Just a heads up for those who will eat there in the future -- factor in a wait time (and bring something to amuse the kids and maybe a small snack) so you don't get caught off guard.
    I had read somewhere and heard from others that they were taken into the dining area right on their reservation time. So I was surprised to wait an extra 15 minutes past. But it wasn't to big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    From all the pictures everyone has posted of the different food offerings at the Carthay I have never seen one thing that has looked anything but delicious. Gotta try it out soon as I get the AP for '13.
    I should have taken a shot of the menu, I just felt weird doing it. But yes, everything looked good. I was in the mood for pasta which is why I chose the ravioli. And I was surprised my kid chose the beef because he usually eats chicken.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

all i heard was rib ravioli. i'm there.

flower gleam & glow...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    good pictures thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    Thanks and yup...it was yummy yummies!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Neat report! I am glad Duffy is also welcome at the Carthay Circle Theater restaurant.
    Oh Duffy was so welcome...and he was so hungry...I have given a bit of insight on what Duffy was thinking while staring at my kids beef...

Name:  Duffy Steals Beef.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  114.6 KB

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you had a great time. If they'd gotten you in there 15 minutes earlier you probably could have used the WOC FP. I'm sad you didn't get to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Thanks for the report! Sounds like you had a great time. If they'd gotten you in there 15 minutes earlier you probably could have used the WOC FP. I'm sad you didn't get to use it.
    Wow..I had never thought of it that way. Maybe because I wasn't to miffed about missing WOC (seen it once and that is good enough for me) but this is a VERY good point.

I ate there last month for lunch. I had the same problem, even I had to wait 20 minutes past my reservation time to be seated even though the restaurant was only partly full when I got upstairs (so at least this didn't affect my chance to make it to WOC).

Food and atmosphere are excellent, everything we ate was great. However, service from our waitress was terrible. From what I've heard, this place is really hit and miss when it comes to service.

• Disney "FREAK" since 1981

Maybe I'm just cheap....but $70 dollars for dinner with one child and one adult!!?? That sounds a bit extravagant for a Disney dinner.

Either way, thanks for the report and love the Beary good pictures! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heck'sBusDriver View Post
    I ate there last month for lunch. I had the same problem, even I had to wait 20 minutes past my reservation time to be seated even though the restaurant was only partly full when I got upstairs (so at least this didn't affect my chance to make it to WOC).

Food and atmosphere are excellent, everything we ate was great. However, service from our waitress was terrible. From what I've heard, this place is really hit and miss when it comes to service.
    I have heard the same thing but our waitress was decent enough. However, I was not a large party so I'm sure large parties are harder to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post
    Maybe I'm just cheap....but $70 dollars for dinner with one child and one adult!!?? That sounds a bit extravagant for a Disney dinner.

$70 included the tip of 15%. But that is what the total was. I was expecting it. I spent just about that much at Ariel's Grotto the last time I went. Well now that I think of it. Ariel's Grotto was closer to $50ish. But it is what it is..it's Disney. I don't spend that much on a meal all the time so once in a while and on a budget is fine. I actually had an app on my phone tallying up each thing I ordered because I really couldn't go over my budget

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Wow..I had never thought of it that way. Maybe because I wasn't to miffed about missing WOC (seen it once and that is good enough for me) but this is a VERY good point.
    I'd complain and you might get FP for next time you're there. It was a better view for us in the special WCT seating area. I know it's a little different for CC but it can't hurt!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post

Addiction--maybe you havn't seen photos of the food that Carthay makes..but this is classy place and WAY better then Blue Bayou. . so the $70 dinner bill to me is worth it, i been to CCT and i know that the food is worth it there. I really want those house biscuits now..LOL i love bread to Clara.. .

anyhow, so Addiction it's now about cheapness or anything..

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post

She had me drooling over the ravioli also.. LOL

Those ravioli are yummy and so are the biscuits! Be prepared to share the biscuits or to bring some back for munching on later because they are very filling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast