Getting to DL from the airport with two small children?

Hey experienced folks,

My DL trip is coming in less than a month. We have two children ages 2 and 3, and 4 adults. I need to get from Orange County airport to DL and I really would prefer not to have to take the carseats on the plane. My parents (2 of our adults) dislike public transportation and want me to get us some sort of shuttle or something.

Any recommendations for safe options that will allow me to avoid checking two car seats? I will check them if I really must. I am just not even sure where to go from here. We are not renting a car.

Thanks in advance!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Getting to DL from the airport with two small children?

http://graylineanaheim.com/docs/DRE%20Brochure.pdf

I use the Disneyland Resort Express bus when I fly into the John Wayne airport. Check out the above link. It is a wealth of information about the bus.

Thank you Barbaraann! I did bookmark that.

Although it's pretty pricey, I think for $108 each way we can probably get a private shuttle. I guess I just need to figure out if I can get carseats put into shuttles by the shuttle company. Because the cost of checking the carseats would offset the added cost of the Disneyland Resort Express where we wouldn't need the carseats.

Quote Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
    Thank you Barbaraann! I did bookmark that.

Although it's pretty pricey, I think for $108 each way we can probably get a private shuttle. I guess I just need to figure out if I can get carseats put into shuttles by the shuttle company. Because the cost of checking the carseats would offset the added cost of the Disneyland Resort Express where we wouldn't need the carseats.

1) the Disneyland Resort Express is a Coach... really nice, it's nothing like a city bus. The Bus picks up at the Airport (one goes to LAX, the other to SNA) they meet at the Disneyland Hotel... then they go to different hotels from there. It's works really well, and I highly recommend it.

It's quick, they don't sit around, because it's a coach, no carseat is needed. Buses/Coaches don't require them (no seatbelts anyhow). But TAXIs do require carseats, and that includes most of the private shuttles (which usually run 12-15 Passenger vans).

And here's a $5/person coupon if you click on "specials" here: The Disneyland® Resort Express | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information

• Under that tree again!

It costs nothing to check carseats on planes. So that is an option, but the drawback is that you have to carry them around with you.

Some shuttles do have carseats but you usually have to reserve them well ahead and there may be extra charges. Some people don't like using other people's carseats because they may not be safe or clean, a risk.

• Nerd

These guys are good. You could call them about the baby seat.
    Anaheim Shuttle Transportation - PRIME TIME SHUTTLE

From Prime Time's website:
    PRIME TIME Shuttle welcomes the opportunity to serve our "junior" passengers. Children two (2) years of age and younger travel free with a paying adult. If making an online reservation, please indicate the number of children traveling so that we can set a seat aside, as California state law does not allow children to ride in the lap of an adult.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

You may also try calling your hotel. Sometimes they have a private transportation company that they work with instead of a shuttle; we have this as an option for our guests. These pick you and your family up from the airport and take you directly to the hotel; some of them can also provide car-seat or booster seats. Each hotel will have their own rates so I would definitely give them a call.

Hope this helps!
    Kriss

For $108 I would just pay for a taxi and ask that they send a Van to accomodate everyone and second the car seat on the planes, otherwise the Express bus is the better option for no car seats.